Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2011-2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Ah sure that's only perfect. Thanks a million Blue Blaa:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

any updates on tonights games?

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭The blue blaa

De la Salle behind by a point 7 mins left, 1-13 to 0-15

Jake Dillon goal Dls 1-16 to 1-13

1-18 to 1-13 Dls win, passage won earlier 4-15 to 2-11 I think

• Advertisement

all eastern wins so far #homeofdeisehurling

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

all eastern wins so far #homeofdeisehurling

#fightingtalk :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭robopaddy

Paddy Power Odds on winning this years Munster SHC. Looks like were way off the pace according to Paddy

Tipperary 4/7

Cork 4/1

Limerick 13/2

Clare 13/2

Waterford 22/1

robopaddy wrote: »
    Paddy Power Odds on winning this years Munster SHC. Looks like were way off the pace according to Paddy

Tipperary 4/7

Cork 4/1

Limerick 13/2

Clare 13/2

Waterford 22/1

Went from 16/1 out to 22/1 when Daniels got injured. Hard to see us winning three games, more than capable of being in a final though. Struggling to see past Tipp though, regardless of todays result.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭alllcounty

Based on those odds you'd swear we wearn't a division one side. Shows what people outside of the county think of the standard of our hurling team. At least we will be underdogs for our games in munster and any pressure will be on the other team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭deisefolife

Tipperary 4/7

Cork 4/1

Limerick 13/2

Clare 13/2

Waterford 22/1

suits me i love being the underdog. we play better hurling,

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Went from 16/1 out to 22/1 when Daniels got injured. Hard to see us winning three games, more than capable of being in a final though. Struggling to see past Tipp though, regardless of todays result.

Odds started to drift after Clare beating Cork impressively in the relegation play off final, and also after Tipp hammered Dublin in the league semi final. The drift would be far more to do with those performances as opposed to Daniels injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭robopaddy

22/1 is ridiculous odds. I dont see how we are deemed to be so far behind Clare and Cork. If these odds are based on league results as mentioned above, did we not beat both Clare and Tipp in the league? and draw with Cork...

I know odds mean nothing at the end of the day but we are being seriously written off here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

Dungarvan are running riot, 2-6 to 0-1 after 17, not looking great for roanmore

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭boodiebhoy

Win for a western team

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Mr Tibbs

boodiebhoy wrote: »
    Win for a western team

Go west young man there's gold in them dare hills.

Win for a western team

I think we're winning on aggregate after Dungarvan's win today :P

I think we're winning on aggregate after Dungarvan's win today :P

Do away goals count??

Do away goals count??

Only in the event of a draw!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

22/1 is ridiculous odds. I dont see how we are deemed to be so far behind Clare and Cork. If these odds are based on league results as mentioned above, did we not beat both Clare and Tipp in the league? and draw with Cork...

I know odds mean nothing at the end of the day but we are being seriously written off here.

Odds are odds, they wouldnt be that long if punters were backing Waterford, clearly people in general dont rate our chances.

• Advertisement

timmy is a boll#x and so is maurice condon whos a disgaceful referee

KevIRL wrote: »
    Odds are odds, they wouldnt be that long if punters were backing Waterford, clearly people in general dont rate our chances.

we had a better than expected league but unfortuately i cant see us beating clare, weer without daniels now too, if he was fit, philip mahony and molumphy available and mullane coaxed back id rate our chances. tipp are no world beaters, ive said it all along that they are lacking forwards now that kelly and corbett are nearly finished, bringing on the likes of pa bourke today is never going to win them games, if we beat clare id give us every chance v tipp who believe me will have to work to beat limerick, cork i think will do nothing this year, they dont have the players, simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Any match reports from the weekends matches? Team lineouts, scorers, who played well would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭boodiebhoy

Cake Man wrote: »
    Any match reports from the weekends matches? Team lineouts, scorers, who played well would be great.

Was in Fraser field on Saturday and players who did well were eoin Kelly, John Milland and Stephen Molumphy - pity really.

Noel Connors had a good game for Passasge, Kevin Moran had moments, Jake Dillon the same. Couple of Ballyduff forwards looked very lively, think they were Kearneys?

wrote:
    Jake dillon match of the day in de la salle game, any ball fed into him he done very well with it. ballyduff forward line was very young but played well especially young kearney, molumphy will be badly missed when he leaves. Noel connors and Eoin kelly were brilliant for passage, Kelly scored 2-5 i think! Abbeyside played john hurney full back but he's a man for the half back line, they're struggling for players now with maurice power in the states and richie foley injured, they'l find it tough against mount sion next week. Michael O halloran was their best player on saturday.
    Patrick curran scored 2 goals for dungarvan and he only came on at half time against roanmore, what a player this man is!

Was in Fraser field on Saturday and players who did well were eoin Kelly, John Milland and Stephen Molumphy - pity really.

Noel Connors had a good game for Passasge, Kevin Moran had moments, Jake Dillon the same. Couple of Ballyduff forwards looked very lively, think they were Kearneys?
    John Milland? is he a new player lol

John Milland? is he a new player lol
    loves his county boy

i dunno if id be paying too much heed to a report of a game by somebody who calls fraher field fraser field and john mullane john milland

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Mr Tibbs

i dunno if id be paying too much heed to a report of a game by somebody who calls fraher field fraser field and john mullane john milland
    Ah come on lads you know exactly who the man is talking about leave that kind of talk for the smart ar*es or as some say the grammer Nazi'z. This talk of East and West is really hilarious. A one hour drive would land you in a different county from Waterford city. We're a small county that has a very poor record in the GAA championship, its about time we took a more united approach and win some silverware as the last man to captain a Waterford All Ireland team died last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Deise_2012 wrote: »
    Jake dillon match of the day in de la salle game, any ball fed into him he done very well with it. ballyduff forward line was very young but played well especially young kearney, molumphy will be badly missed when he leaves. Noel connors and Eoin kelly were brilliant for passage, Kelly scored 2-5 i think! Abbeyside played john hurney full back but he's a man for the half back line, they're struggling for players now with maurice power in the states and richie foley injured, they'l find it tough against mount sion next week. Michael O halloran was their best player on saturday.
    Patrick curran scored 2 goals for dungarvan and he only came on at half time against roanmore, what a player this man is!

That's encouraging to hear about young Curran, thought Dungarvan would give it another year before introducing him to senior, he only turned 16 a few months ago didn't he!? Suppose if you're old enough, you're good enough. He's a serious player to score but to be fair (not taking away anything from him) he'll have bigger tests than a leaky at best Roanmore defence.

While it's nice to see the likes of Mullane, Kelly and Molumphy do well, it doesn't do much for the county panel. Good to hear Connors and Jake Dillon do well though, the latter is a player we'll be looking to to get a few scores a game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement