Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

OddJobz wrote: »
    does anyone else think vivienne looks like mary harney?...and whats with blonde streak like skunks arse in her hair?...is she just trying to vamp it up?

I'll say this for her; she's a very good voiceover talent. In fact, a lot of the ads you hear on the radio are voiced by the actress who plays Vivienne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Okocim

Have just caught up with Fair City after being away for Christmas. The hour long episode on Xmas day was very slow paced and quite poor, saved by the interactions at the Dillon's house scenes.

Sash can sing to me with her Furbie any day! :D

Neasa with that high neck white wool jumper! :p

The little girl who plays Zoe is great, loved her scene when she was found by 'Santa Denzo', very believable in all her lines, well cast I have to say.

Don't want to start sounding like a broken record but it's worse Caoimhe is getting, cringe worthy stuff.:eek:

Sean is getting more to do lately and I think he is the most improved actor on the show this year, either that or the increased storylines have enabled him to show what he can do.

Dearbhla has deteriorated for me in the last couple of weeks after being brilliant for the previous weeks, I think it's that she is playing a supporting role as per the script rather than a leading role in her storylines at the moment. Playing a supporting role when the limelight is not fully on you can be difficult, she was great when laying into Tommy in the exposure of the affair but not so good now in supporting role scenes as the back up to the primary character roles of Tommy and Judith and how the dynamic of their relationship is changing...no doubt she'll learn though as she is a good actress.

She could do worse than look and learn from Bob and how he makes even the smallest supporting role scenes he is involved in work fluidly. In fairness Bryan Murray can turn the sweeping of the street outside the Hungry Pig and a two word greeting with a passerby into something special. For me the best character in soapland out there at the moment.

Was never Waynes biggest fan but I'm enjoying his confidence crisis scenes of the last few episodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I'll say this for her; she's a very good voiceover talent. In fact, a lot of the ads you hear on the radio are voiced by the actress who plays Vivienne.

I've only heard her on the one noticeable ad, for a nursing home.. I knew that I knew the voice from somewhere and when I googled it I found her page on her agents website..

Helen Norton on Lisa Richards Website

They are seriously taking the p1ss with that profile picture..

92.jpg

Picture from FC Website:

000375d7-279.jpg
    Okocim wrote: »
    Don't want to start sounding like a broken record but it's worse Caoimhe is getting, cringe worthy stuff.:eek:

Yeah .. she's consistently the weak link acting wise on Fair City... But if they keep putting her in tight dresses and nurses outfits I'm prepared to let her stay in Carrigstown..

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

Yeah .. she's consistently the weak link acting wise on Fair City... But if they keep putting her in tight dresses and nurses outfits I'm prepared to let her stay in Carrigstown..

I used to say the same about Dominic. They never listened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

AFAIK Vivienne does the nononsense.ie ads

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

julyjane wrote: »

F-ck off! Those ads are legend. Does she voice the cross little blonde woman? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭tonyclifton

julyjane wrote: »

does she really???... well she has gone in my book love them ads very funny....wana update the profile pic on the fair city site though could be sued for flase advertisment:):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

OddJobz wrote: »
    does anyone else think vivienne looks like mary harney?
    I agree with you, OddJobz. While we're on the subject of members of the FC cast who look like famous people, does anyone else think that Bob Charles, playe d by Bryan Murray, looks like Seán FitzPatrick.

Perhaps a drama based on the present economic crisis could be made with Murray as FitzPatrick and Helen Norton, who plays Vivienne, as Harney.

Are there any characters other than Jo leaving FC? Is Jo's departure only for maternity leave (I'm aware that she's pregnant in real life) or is it permanent?

IsMiseLisa wrote: »
    F-ck off! Those ads are legend. Does she voice the cross little blonde woman? :D
    I don't know but I am aware that she provides the voice for the Irish Life ads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

endakenny wrote: »
    Are there any characters other than Jo leaving FC? Is Jo's departure only for maternity leave (I'm aware that she's pregnant in real life) or is it permanent?
    Hopefully the writers have forgotten about all about Louie and Carol and we wont have to see them again. :P
    Happy New Year everyone :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Yes she is only leaving for maternity leave and she will be back.
    As far as I know, Ben & Dermot also leave.

I have noticed that the policeman Ian is in the hidden hearing ad's also! :D

Happy New Year to all on the thread :)

max life wrote: »
    Hopefully the writers have forgotten about all about Louie and Carol and we wont have to see them again. :P
    Happy New Year everyone :D

Excuse me!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Okocim wrote: »
    She could do worse than look and learn from Bob and how he makes even the smallest supporting role scenes he is involved in work fluidly. In fairness Bryan Murray can turn the sweeping of the street outside the Hungry Pig and a two word greeting with a passerby into something special. For me the best character in soapland out there at the moment.

Have to agree with the above. Although I have been watching some re-runs of Bread on one of those digital channels (showing my age here:p) and he was woeful in that!!!! But love him in FC!

What with all the ads about the lack of foster parents in Ireland at the moment, and even stuff on the news about it, I think it's irresponsible of FC to get Joe & Dermish move to Galway and 'hand-back' their foster kids. Why did the writers give them foster kids for this storyline at all:confused: They could have ensured the kids had a 'happy-ending' before the marriage split etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭siobhanod93

Does anybody know what age Kerrie O' Sullivan (Dervla Dillon) is in real life?
    As far as I know she is older than the character she plays?

And how old is Sean in the show? Is he finished school or what? :confused:

Also I think her and Sean are a great couple :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

I think she's 19.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Anyone on here remember Johnny1 when fair city started? He was on the snapper last night. He was played by actor Eanna MacLiam.

I think she is about 24.
    I think Sean is 19.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,234 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Happy New Year fellow FC nutters ;)

She was in the same year in college as Aoibhinn (who plays Neasa) so I think around 22/23

• Advertisement

Fair City actress Aoibhinn Garrihy climbed Mount Everest to support the Lotus Child Charity. Herself and founder of the charity Alana Smith joined Síle on the show today to talk about the charity and how it works.

http://www.newstalk.ie/2011/programmes/all-programmes/shenanigans-with-sile/aoibhinn-garrihy-supporting-the-lotus-child-charity/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Anyone on here remember Johnny1 when fair city started? He was on the snapper last night. He was played by actor Eanna MacLiam.

Lived with Lily Corcoran.
    Hung around with Claire Bowen.
    Also friendly with Helen Doyle.
    Had a motorbike.
    I wish it was 1989 again.

Fittle wrote: »
    What with all the ads about the lack of foster parents in Ireland at the moment, and even stuff on the news about it, I think it's irresponsible of FC to get Joe & Dermish move to Galway and 'hand-back' their foster kids.
    I'm not denying that, if or when such a situation arises in real life, the foster kids would experience emotional and practical difficulties but I don't believe that their lives and well-being would be in danger, given the huge focus on child-protection in this day and age. BTW, surely there would be aunts, uncles and older cousins who would be able to help.

angel01 wrote: »
    Excuse me!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    They are 2 of my least favourite actors on the show. IMO Carol is a very weak actress. The only time she is anyway convincing is when she is shouting and angry.
    I reckon Dearbhla is gonna become a cracking actress. She is outshining all the other females in the cast methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

I don't know her age but I remember hearing or maybe I read it on this thread that the three Dillon sisters are actually all the same age in real life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Lived with Lily Corcoran.
    Hung around with Claire Bowen.
    Also friendly with Helen Doyle.
    Had a motorbike.
    I wish it was 1989 again.
    You have a good memory:)

max life wrote: »
    They are 2 of my least favourite actors on the show. IMO Carol is a very weak actress. The only time she is anyway convincing is when she is shouting and angry.
    I reckon Dearbhla is gonna become a cracking actress. She is outshining all the other females in the cast methinks.

Totally disagree... but then of course you knew that. Aisling is a brilliant actress and portrays Carol very well, would like her to get a meaty storyline and not the scraps she is currently living off :(

I think Judith is top notch for me right now. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Catherine Byrne is terrible!

The best actors in Fair City are, in no particular order:

Clelia Murphy (Niamh)
    Tom Hopkins (Christy)
    Kerrie O'Sullivan (Dearbhla)
    Martina Stanley (Dolores)
    Ciara O'Callaghan (Yvonne)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

Hoping for a bit of light entertainment from FC tonight after that cracking episode of Eastenders. I teared up a little bit at the Janine/Pat scenes. >_< :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭ameliajane

You cannot blame him for not realising what Jo has done, and is doing, to him, Ben, Kelly and Zoe. The idea that his wife would cheat of him simply hasn't entered his mind.

Perhaps he should investigate a little bit further when he sees Dearbhla's reaction, Ben seeing the "kiss", the fallout with Judith. All these have one thing in common - Jo! Dermot is naive and heading for a fall off a cliff.

Edit The episode tonight Poor old Dermot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement