Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

I thought Lucy's twitchy eye just at the end was a nice touch!

I recently back addicted to FF... why is Bob, Louis's nemesis???
    And while I'm at it, where are Christy and Renée?? I think I know they split up and Renée ended up with Bob... but where is she now and what happened her and Bob (didn't they have the pub??) and where's Christy???

and where is Suzanne gone??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

The kids at school were making fun of Joey's accent.....

I'm not surprised!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

Lucy is like the Terminator -"I told you I'd destroy you..."

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

Also Cass reminds me of Steptoe faking the sickness and making people feel sorry for him..

except Steptoe is actually funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

sue z wrote: »
    Also Cass reminds me of Steptoe faking the sickness and making people feel sorry for him..

except Steptoe is actually funny

Agreed. This storyline is beginning to annoy me as much as the Wayne(what a stupid wally)/Loopy Lucy/"Saint" Delores of Carrigstown/Pete saga. Cass is nothing but a conniving old scrounger...he sounded like he really was serious about offering some of his pension for his keep... I don't think! And that nightshirt..ffs :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AhInFairness

I hope when this Lucy crap is over Dolores goes looking to get back with Pete and he tells her to F off!

Unfortunately I can just see it now...Dolores finally twigs it, Lucy knocks her out and when Dolores comes to she's tied to a chair in her apartment, Lucy standing over her with a knife babbling about how she only wanted to look after Dolores and love her. Meanwhile Pete will have found out from Emily what exactly Lucy did to get her locked up, he'll twig that Dolores is in danger and come to her rescue (hopefully killing Lucy in the process.)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

they need to bring in goo eyes to sort Lucy:D

I hope when this Lucy crap is over Dolores goes looking to get back with Pete and he tells her to F off!

Unfortunately I can just see it now...Dolores finally twigs it, Lucy knocks her out and when Dolores comes to she's tied to a chair in her apartment, Lucy standing over her with a knife babbling about how she only wanted to look after Dolores and love her. Meanwhile Pete will have found out from Emily what exactly Lucy did to get her locked up, he'll twig that Dolores is in danger and come to her rescue (hopefully killing Lucy in the process.)

:eek: i think you just finished the storyline

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AhInFairness

tajd wrote: »

:eek: i think you just finished the storyline

Someone has to!

Someone has to!

christmas 2012 christmas day siege in fair city

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 GiveMeStrength

Who was Emily ? I can't place her. Was she the social worker ?

• Site Banned Posts: 192 ✭✭will.i.am

Who was Emily ? I can't place her. Was she the social worker ?

Yes, She was dating Laura for a while. Emily was quite overweight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Ha at Lucy telling Pete she will destroy him, what has he got to destroy? Hes a painter with a bad back and has to make do with Harry Molloys sloppy seconds, hardly J.R Ewing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

I have watched FC regularly for many years now and rarely missed an episode. Recently, however, I rarely WATCH an episode. It has got so poor. Very poor storylines. Very little happening.
    As for the Lucy storyline, unbelievably bad. It makes characters like Dolores and Bob seem like they havent got a brain cell between them. Wayne has showed that he only can do comedy acting. He has been found out that he cant do serious acting. This Lucy storyline has gone on WAY TOO LONG. It should have been wrapped up in a couple of months. I think the writers have dragged this storyline on so long because they cant think of any new plots.
    I am gonna continue reading the spoilers but am not gonna watch it till after Christmas, when ( hopefully ) this storyline has finished! :mad: RANT OVER!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I know Paul once had a high rank in a software firm, but seriously has he suddenly developed a learning difficulty?

Also...Delores to pete: "but I saw you"
    Pete "mmmmkay"

like....a normal person would have defended himself at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Good news folks - I've got access to exclusive details of upcoming episodes featuring Lucy's latest schemes.
    • Lucy claims Pete was responsible for the global financial meltdown. Dolores believes her because if Lucy says it then it must be true.
    • Lucy discovers that Pete was once in San Fransico so claims that he's the Zodiac Killer who was never caught. Dolores believes her because if Lucy says it then it must be true.
    • Lucy murders Wayne and feeds his liver to Dolores with some fava beans and a nice chianti. Lucy blames Pete. Dolores believes her because if Lucy says it then it must be true.
    • Lucy burns down the Hungry Pig during lunch hour, killing Bob and half of Carrigstown who always seem to eat there. Lucy blames Pete. Dolores believes her because if Lucy says it then it must be true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Anyone know what kind of contract Lucy has with FC . Im sure she wont be caught until she is leaving . Is she in FC nearly a year now? Id imagine she would have been given a year contract or something .
    Anyone know what way the cast are contracted here.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,599 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I don't understand the whole Lucy coming clean and then Dolores completely blanking Pete. Before Lucy comes clean Dolores is in two minds. Lucy admits she lied, and without hesitation Dolores then backs her and dumps Pete? We never got to see a scene with Dolores and Lucy after Lucy admitted she lied? So what happened? Are we to assume that Dolores spoke with Lucy, Lucy told Dolores that she only came clean because she was so fearful, Dolores bought this and then dumped Pete?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

walshb wrote: »
    I don't understand the whole Lucy coming clean and then Dolores completely blanking Pete. Before Lucy comes clean Dolores is in two minds. Lucy admits she lied, and without hesitation Dolores then backs her and dumps Pete? We never got to see a scene with Dolores and Lucy after Lucy admitted she lied? So what happened? Are we to assume that Dolores spoke with Lucy, Lucy told Dolores that she only came clean because she was so fearful, Dolores bought this and then dumped Pete?

there was a hint that she admitted making it up because of a threat from pete

• Registered Users Posts: 54,599 ✭✭✭✭walshb

there was a hint that she admitted making it up because of a threat from pete

Yes, I got that. But surely a bit of dialogue to explain it. Nothing! It's so unrealistic! She admits she lied. They ask her why. Wayne butts in and says that she's just scared. She says that Pete's a good man, walks out and that is it. Dolores has made her mind up. Ridiculous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

walshb wrote: »
    Yes, I got that. But surely a bit of dialogue to explain it. Nothing! It's so unrealistic! She admits she lied. They ask her why. Wayne butts in and says that she's just scared. She says that Pete's a good man, walks out and that is it. Dolores has made her mind up. Ridiculous!

Ya so I think when Dolores wants Pete back he should say no!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Oh and if Bob knew the number calling Lucy was from across the street then why didn't he run out and catch the person in action!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I looked at the spoilers for next week and they are making me so god dam angry.

I really want this Lucy thing over and done with.

It's actually making me want to stop watching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭xDramaxQueenx

She's a creep for real, dolorous the wet gasbag being all like lucy ill take you home, and you can just see her jumping at it. Its been dragged on for far too long, its boring now, and really infuriating.

Pete is too good for dolorous anyway. I hope she's happy being rich because she is always going to be unlikeable and unloveable, and she can cuddle into her mattress thats stuffed with cash cause its all that keeps her warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 plahc

I know it is repeatedly said that the Lucy storyline has been dragged on way too long, but it is actually seriously frustrating me. I have it set on series link record n basically now just flick through the episode in less than 10 minutes. I cannot bare to watch the Lucy thing. It is so so unrealistic. If we were guaranteed the end was in sight i could tolerate it but the storyline is simply going around in circles!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

max life wrote: »
    I have watched FC regularly for many years now and rarely missed an episode. Recently, however, I rarely WATCH an episode. It has got so poor. Very poor storylines. Very little happening.
    As for the Lucy storyline, unbelievably bad. It makes characters like Dolores and Bob seem like they havent got a brain cell between them. Wayne has showed that he only can do comedy acting. He has been found out that he cant do serious acting. This Lucy storyline has gone on WAY TOO LONG. It should have been wrapped up in a couple of months. I think the writers have dragged this storyline on so long because they cant think of any new plots.
    I am gonna continue reading the spoilers but am not gonna watch it till after Christmas, when ( hopefully ) this storyline has finished! :mad: RANT OVER!

If you want hard hitting realistic story lines, dont watch Fair City.

If you want to watch poor actors and the ubertroll himself, Bob Charles, in action, do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

I can't stand the Lucy scenes anymore but yet I can't stand missing an episode to see what she gets up to next! :o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭betonit

twirlagig wrote: »
    I can't stand the Lucy scenes anymore but yet I can't stand missing an episode to see what she gets up to next! :o:D

ive stopped watching all i do now is read digitalspy to see whne the tide starts turning but no line of sight to that it actually gets more ridiculous to what she gets away with

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Dolores is driving me crazy, how can anyone be so blind to Lucy. Dolores was always a character that others went to for advice, how can she be so daft now. She doesn't question Loopy Lucy's behaviour at all, she doesn't query her background. She has taken this nutter under her roof and takes her word over the man she has known for years. Irish people love to know everyone's background, we are naturally nosy. Yet nobody is curious about Lucy or where she came from. Very unrealistic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

I think we can conclude that the FC writers have nothing but comtempt for its viewers to drag the Lucy storyline on for sooo long. If its true that they are ending this 'saga' at Christmas then they timed it wrong and should have started it in October not a YEAR ago (or what feels like years ago).

Can. Not. Take. Much. More. For all those just starting to watch FC- its too late for me, save yourselves........

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement