Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

awwww is anyone else so happy for the old Mark Halpin who's now on Britains Got Talent?? Hope he wins... for Carrickstown!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

sue z wrote: »
    awwww is anyone else so happy for the old Mark Halpin who's now on Britains Got Talent?? Hope he wins... for Carrickstown!! :D

Was he the one who got beaten up (on FC) by the the chap with no arms a few months back?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

el diablo wrote: »
    Was he the one who got beaten up (on FC) by the the chap with no arms a few months back?

Naw, that was the 'new' Mark Halpin, he was ****e!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

sue z wrote: »

No I hate him. Thank God he is long gone. A tool of the highest order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

closeline wrote: »

Really? You hate him?

I didn't like him on the Voice but I think he's a great songwriter. His singing is good, but nothing exceptional. I firmly believe he'll make his money as a songwriter for many years to come.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

IsMiseLisa wrote: »
    closeline wrote: »

Really? You hate him?

I didn't like him on the Voice but I think he's a great songwriter. His singing is good, but nothing exceptional. I firmly believe he'll make his money as a songwriter for many years to come.

Hate is a strong word but I never took to him on the show. Never liked him. Too posh for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Gibbonw2

IsMiseLisa wrote: »
    Really? You hate him?

he is very overblown as a singer, ordinary, good, nice tone but nothing distinctive, . And very dull. Just because simon cowell says he is good suddenly everything is over hyped. But u are right there is a market for sobby love songs but he wont make it big in any sense. Also the 'girl' behind the song story on BGt was fragmented.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Well if Ben was my son you can be sure he wouldn't have another party until he could host and afford it himself. But in all fairness he did well for a kid, throwing niamh's clothes gift away was funny.

I reiterate SEND BELLA TO HELLA. Jim Bartley must GOOOO.

http://youtu.be/u3qBYJ2Qgvs

Ritas Bell in action stateside

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Gibbonw2 wrote: »

Depressing negative character. Get rid

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Jaysis can they put Caoimhe and Dermot in the same room and nuke it?Horrible characters. Loved Dermot telling the group of kids they could go now when Ben kicked off,cos a bunch of 7 year olds are well able find their own way home like.

I agree. Get rid of the auld ****. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Badhb

It seems 'de scowl' is infectious. Even Decko is now exhibiting de scowl in lieu of any latent acting abilities.

De scowls need multiply and then all we shall see from Carrigstown is scowly babbies.

Anything is better than that over indulged child actor that is Ben.
    Inabitlity to act his way out of a paperbag, cute kid syndrome, nonetheless is no excuse for some overindulgent parent(s) to continually exhibit him on our tv screens in a major child acting role in a soap opera.(Yes he was just as crap in the mcdonalds ad).
    Whoever they are pushy parents of the kid who plays Ben, can they please cop on to the very severe limits of their son's acting abilities and quit pretending he can act when he clearly cannot?

Its not fair to tear his **** acting apart. However, Caoimhe and Decko are fair game.

Ok, we need ideas for storylines for fair city. Realistic ones that could develop that represent ireland today. Although the actors at our disposal our limited (in both quantity and quality) we have to make it work. Im sick of moaning about the storylines so i reccomend we approach the problem ourselves and contact the production team with our opinions.

I shall begin. Eddie's rogueness must be used to its advantage. He has manipulative powers which the dimwitted Wayne (imo the best character in fair city at the moment) will easily fall for. Lucys storyline must be tied up quickly and perhaps combining these 2 will be exciting. My approach would be to not just develop the story on an incremental basis but to decide what will eventually will happen and fill in the gaps. But i need your help. I think it should end in financial ruin for both wayne and Dolores (sick of her molly coddling around flashing the cash) and a death on the street (preferably Bellas demise). Lucy should turn out to be as evil as her character is portraying and by no means should be forgiuen and rehabilitated for whatever she has done/will do, like most F C characters.

So to reiterate. The conclusion to this story should be two deaths, an innocent (bella?) and Lucy (her evilness cant be redeemed, not even by the power healing of dolores) and financial ruin for the Molloys. Id like to see Eddie survive and for him to go on the run, leaving a brokenhearted Judith (they have an affair) and Val to be the scourge of carrigstown behind. Now to fill in the details.....

IF RITA gome why not just kill her off

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭hungrypig

bella doesn't bother me but i accept the general concensus that he has to die because he is a useless whingy b*stard.
    can i suggest ben as the second character to be killed off..............i'd volunteer myself if it wasn't for my back. lucy could kill ben in some over the top christmas special. bella could just waste away if yvonne refused to feed the lazy b*stard any more.
    i get lesbian overtones from lucy's character. this would be great as it would stop my husband from moaning everytime faircity comes on. he never complained about watching it when 'evee's' girlfriend arrived from australia.although both lesbians on the show seem to hate her.
    dolores could live in the shelter after she goes broke.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

Eddie is made of solid vintage oak! Most wooden actor on TV!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭hungrypig

he is bad but the awful script does nothing to help him though..........he is very handsome

• Registered Users Posts: 30 darkangel1986

am i the only one thinking that orla and dermot will get together and jo comes back just as they are happy and ruin things for them??

hungrypig wrote: »
    bella doesn't bother me but i accept the general concensus that he has to die because he is a useless whingy b*stard.
    can i suggest ben as the second character to be killed off..............i'd volunteer myself if it wasn't for my back. lucy could kill ben in some over the top christmas special. bella could just waste away if yvonne refused to feed the lazy b*stard any more.
    i get lesbian overtones from lucy's character. this would be great as it would stop my husband from moaning everytime faircity comes on. he never complained about watching it when 'evee's' girlfriend arrived from australia.although both lesbians on the show seem to hate her.
    dolores could live in the shelter after she goes broke.

no the Lucy situation needs to be resolved soon. Perhaps ben will be taken into care by that social worker who looks like she could be viviennes daughter. In care he finds out about lucys past and we find out that she killed her father who bet her mother when she was young, which in turn forced her mother to kill herself. Ben hears this when lucy approaches the care worker in the yard. Meanwhile, eddies plan has worked and wayne is investing money into cars and getting a return. But Eddie insists he should go bigger so he hires eddie as his financial guru and leaves all his finances (conveniently 100k in Eddies hands) Bella gets a huge tip in vinos off a visiting Bono (who was visiting esthers son) who had worked as his and Bob Geldoffs lawyer in Africa) . Bella decides to use this tip to buy a car.

After a 'comedic' bartering session between Keef, Paul and Wayne, bella decides to go with wayne for the car. Paul looks at bella and says 'you will regret this Doyle, you will regret this'. Scene cuts to a bedridden Rita ringing her bell so vigourously it breaks, whereupon she mutters the words 'BELLA IS GONNA'. At the time we dont know if this refers to our loveable rogue, the bell or Bella, aka jim bartley.

Meanwhile, while Ben has been gone, dermot has been riding anything that has came near him. Neasa, Sasha, judith, they all got to meet little Dermish. However his 'biggest' conquest is Vivienne and he gets all tantric with her, whipping, gimp suits, the lot. During one of these sessions, ben walks in having been brought home for a day from care. Ben thinks dermish is beating viv with the whip and goes crazy. When they calm him down, ben explains why he got so agitated saying lucy killed her father when she bet her mother. Dermot rings the care worker who confirms this. Dermot is livid having previously had a bit of rough with lucy after a nite out and rings dolores to warn her (another of Dermots conquests).

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Would love something like Lucy finally losing the plot and taking people hostage in the hungry pig or something,ending in the deaths of herself and other useless characters like maybe Bella and Esther or Caoimhe and Leo. Something to get excited about other than long boring drawn out plots that go nowhere!

So this all builds up to the one hour special (which noone will be watching as it happens to clash with the Ireland-Germany euro 12 final) Eddie has to get out of c'town, he has withdrawn all waynes money and puts it into a bag. Meanwhile Dolores has found out about Lucifer and tells wayne whos response is 'so what, its not as if she killed someone..........oh wait...'. Lucy is working in the pig when ben comes in. When he sees her he shouts killer and says you wont kill my Daddy. Lucy is horrified and asks dermot what he knows. Dermot says 'everything and so does Dolly (dermots sexname for Dolores)'. Lucy runs out of the Pig whereupon Dermot screams 'what about my quarter pounder you bitch'.

Wow Gibbon, you are completely bonkers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Meanwhile, while Ben has been gone, dermot has been riding anything that has came near him. Neasa, Sasha, judith, they all got to meet little Dermish. However his 'biggest' conquest is Vivienne and he gets all tantric with her, whipping, gimp suits, the lot. During one of these sessions, ben walks in having been brought home for a day from care. Ben thinks dermish is beating viv with the whip and goes crazy. When they calm him down, ben explains why he got so agitated saying lucy killed her father when she bet her mother. Dermot rings the care worker who confirms this. Dermot is livid having previously had a bit of rough with lucy after a nite out and rings dolores to warn her (another of Dermots conquests).

That is so funny, love it, well done,send it in to producers, the show could do with a bit of a "lift"

• Advertisement

So bella has his new car and is cruising around c'town with the tunes blaring. He sees Eddie with the bag at the bustop and says 'heyha oh hey Eddie, want a lift'. Eddie says yes, and hops in. He says bring me to the airport, but first, to the spar. Bella drops him at the spar where eddie heads in to say goodbye to Val. But bella gets a phonecall off yvonne who says rita needs a new bell. At first bella tells her to fuk off, im with the lads. But after yvonne says 'you were never there for us growing up' (again) bella drives off to the bell shop (with eddies bag still in the car).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement