Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Jhcx wrote: »
    House got hit by lightning. I cursed so much in front of my gran she just agreed with me
    How near are you from Clarecastle? Because it was extremely loud, not even a second after we saw the flash go off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

bout a mile or so. literally blew the phone off the wall

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

bout a mile or so. literally blew the phone off the wall
    Now this I gotta see.

Using Internet Explorer on windows 10, betraying everything ive ever been thought. and its actually not a bad application they have really tidied it up and ive always hated toolbars with the greatest of passions. anyway not gonna continue using it as im a dedicated googler

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

Recently there's been a couple of websites (including onedrive) that haven't been working properly in either Chrome or Firefox. Something is seriously wrong when everything works fine in IE. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I heard they were doing away with IE completely and making a new browser??

Strange gut feeling this week. i dont like it ... :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Antone here ever give blood? Really want to at some stage but I've never had bloods taken or anything and I just can't imagine how sore or draining it would feel :/

deise_girl wrote: »
    Antone here ever give blood? Really want to at some stage but I've never had bloods taken or anything and I just can't imagine how sore or draining it would feel :/

Ive had samples taken never felt anything. but i have been told you become a little light headed when large amounts are done. nothing a nap wont cure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

If it's any way similar to getting a blood test then it's grand, no significant pain.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

It's grand! I can't donate for another 14 weeks because of my new tattoo, but it's honestly fine. I've done six donations.

I can't give blood :(

Ahh I just realised I cant this time coz I just got my nose pierced recently.. Next time I might though!

deise_girl wrote: »
    I've never felt ousted, like the way I feel from this forum </3 :(

Ahh this was my 8000th post, little did I know!

*Go me woooo

I can't give blood :(

Sorry for prying but is there a reason? Find it a bit sad some can't cause of know some would Love to help others.

Find it funny enough that there's so much blood in the world yet certain times during the year it becomes scarce

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Just on the topic of giving blood, and my adoration of Alan Cumming.

Just discovered that they've changed the laws on weed here. As of today it is (still) legal to grow 5 plants for your personal use. But now it is illegal to run a shop that sells equipment used to grow weed, lamps etc etc.

They've been doing this over the past few years, tightening the laws more and more about drugs here. You now get a criminal record for being found in possession of one ecstasy tablet. With weed though, I just don't get it. Coffee shops aren't effected, but that probably draws in way too much tax to touch.

This is probably a pretty pointless rant as I've never touched any drugs in my life *halo glows* but it's the faffing around with laws that pisses me off. Imo it messes up the liberal image of this country. There's a pretty conservative government in power for the past couple of years, and general consensus is that they're idiots. But it's a very different idiocy to Irish politics, a lot tamer. :pac:

/pointless rant

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

It's legal to grow 5 plants here?? I'm not a big smoker so I wouldn't be aware of the laws but that's something I never knew :eek:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

sibby wrote: »
    It's legal to grow 5 plants here?? I'm not a big smoker so I wouldn't be aware of the laws but that's something I never knew :eek:

Pretty sure pajor is puffing the magic dragon in the low countries. :P

• Advertisement

sibby wrote: »

Here = Netherlands.

Sorry. :D

Oh I see!!!! Now that makes a lot more sense. I've spent the last few minutes frantically googling cannabis laws in Ireland.

Silly me :)

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Pretty sure pajor is puffing the magic dragon in the low countries. :P

No coffee shops here in the Bible Belt. :pac:

pajor wrote: »
    No coffee shops here in the Bible Belt. :pac:

Well you learn something new everyday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

<mod snip>
    The huge increase in the esb bill would put ya off though. probably tip the cops off too.
    you'd be nearly forced to start selling. Growing for personal use wouldn't be financially viable.

Mod

Theoretical growing is fine, but no discussion of where to buy seeds/weed/any assorted paraphernalia. The discussion is going VERY close to the line.

So my horoscope has informed me to avoid talking to humans today... Hmm

Sorry for prying but is there a reason? Find it a bit sad some can't cause of know some would Love to help others.

Find it funny enough that there's so much blood in the world yet certain times during the year it becomes scarce

It's cool, it's a family thing...no one can give blood in my direct family cos one of us came down with a particular illness that immediately blocks all blood relatives from giving blood...or something like that, I'm not 100% on the details!

I think it could rule me out as an organ doner too which sucks :(

Sorry to hear that. im hoping to someday get the courage and go for one be nice to give something.

In other news recent study of 15k lads has brought down the average size of a lads reproductive organ lol. as sad as this may sound kinda makes me little bit relieved that im above average. i dont know, its that mentality thing nearly all lads have and everyone ive been with just looks and doesnt comment and its like omg say something. So ya said id share that news with ye in case anyone was in the same boat by chance

• Advertisement

Ive heard that. dont know if i have though. but i can thank you for unsettling my mind again and now have further questions to ask....

Advertisement