Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Great choice. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Nothing is real its just all been my imagination

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

"Why use one word when 5 will do?" has become my mantra over the past two days as I attempt to write my Co-Op report.

I literally got more than 100 words out of saying I learned how to adhere to the company's dress code.

I pass a lot of comments which come across as complaints, and a lot of people think I'm not happy. But just cause I sound and look sad doesn't mean I'm sad on the inside. . I'm bored right now but I'm just happy sitting here doing fa. Typing and eating. . Gah life and it's weirdness.

Robin Williams has passed... Wasn't expecting to read that so soon. If true sad way to end. As one dealing with the idea everyday just.... I dunno always be there for someone. Just do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

Now that's something I didn't expect to hear. :eek::(

And this episode of Family Guy was on BBC 3 earlier. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_Guy_Viewer_Mail_2

Im just pointing this out that who ever wrote this clearly learned nothing about life . that or thier school just pure lazy. cause i could have learned all of these if i didnt drop out in second yr of business. But then again i live going in and out of a bank so kinda learned some more things going along in life.

10150788_10152347289744561_2174044974975290460_n.jpg?oh=726b4b645a6a78fd6d735a8ac6890ee1&oe=545E46B7&__gda__=1417527374_8f0d87f10f4701a899413fc52386a8a5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

To be honest, we didn't really cover that in Business. The curriculum really just scratches the surface on a range of topics, and most of the material was simplified to a point where it was beyond pathetic and not of much use in the "real world". :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

It's pretty much true as the government don't wish to see too many people taught the on-goings of how the bank works. This saves them bad publicity.

But sure a large majority are going to learn about a bank in some form or another. so the bad publicity is always going to be higher than they fear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

A part of me would love to go back to results day last year. I don't remember hitting that level of sheer joy since (or ever really before that tbh).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

Blegh it's been 4 years since I got my results.

I wasn't actually that nervous, mainly due to my first choice CAO being 235 points. :pac:

But I was over the f*cking moon to see that I got a D2 at higher level chemistry, instead of just failing it. :D

I would go back and actually repeat my leaving but 1/2 subjects at a time. Always felt I put a lot into English but didn't get the grade

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

If Ive learnt anything in the past 12 months it's that deciding that its way to personal to tell people your LC points.. Lololol I actually struggle to see my reasoning behind it now. Not saying it needs to be shoved down peoples throats but Jesus there are worse things to tell people.
    Hashtag 505

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I wish I could repeat mine, but Mam'd kill me. I'm damn proud I even sat it, tbh. About six months before the leaving I almost dropped out of school.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Oh my god. It's been 5 years since I got my results. I'm so old. Why am I still posting here...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

3 years ago today I was clutching a piece of paper telling me I had 400 points. It was more than was needed for the course 18 year old me; in his youthful enthusiasm and stubborness, was absolutely certain was what he wanted out of life. 18 year old me was an idiot.

was 2011 that long ago. wow. and im still in education. 18 year old me didnt know what the hell i wanted 21 year old me doesnt know what the hell he wants to do.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

With the benefit of hindsight, I should have done way better in the LC.

Don't get me wrong, I was ecstatic with what I got (beat both my brother and sister, and they had the benefit of LCVP's 30 points, 'just sayin' :P) and got into my course with 140 to spare, but realistically I should have gotten at least 20 points extra. The C2 I got in Biology still irritates me.

Would I ever repeat though?

Would I f*ck! I still get nightmares over that sh*t.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Sure we could all do better if we tried..
    Like Id say theres few students that ever feel they did all they could for it.. I remember I was amde to do after school study from after Christmas on in 6th year and I skipped more of them than I ever attended and even when I went sometimes I had a little nap :)

Anyway, awwwwwww wish I just got my results and was going into 1st year all over again :(:(:(:(

Wait, this is the Den not arghh.
    Ehh, ehh, ehhh I dont know what to say.

• Advertisement

Finding out I was 3 marks short of an A1 in accounting was an awful awful moment. Not that an A1 would have made the slightest difference but I would have bet my house (albeit, a hypothetical house) on that exam being an A1.

I ended up having a pretty crap results night then, a fair few people were in some way or other disappointed so they didn't feel like going out. We ended up in the cinema and was probably home by 9. Although I did end up bawling like I've never bawled before after I went to bed when the realisation of 605 finally hit me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I did a crap LC. Results were terrible, totally let myself down, scraped my way into my course...and yano what? I went out that night and partied hard and forgot all about them.

And now I couldn't care less about my exams. I love my course, life is awesome. BOOM!!!

Except I have work tomorrow, that sucks. But only 1 week and 4 days left and then Electric Picnic and then back to collegeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D:D:D

Man, life is awesome.

HugsiePie wrote: »
    :)

Exactly the reason why I went into complete emotional breakdown that night but never have since. College results have been mediocre the majority of the time. It was probably a good thing I didn't go out that night, I can not handle any kind of public embarassment which would have surely resulted from my emoional state.

But yeah, 5 and a half weeks until college restarts, 2 and a half of which I'll be in the gaeltact for (I'll cross that bridge when I come to it). I miss having actual stuff to do. And people. My life seriously lacks people during the summer. I miss people. Woo for college.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I was so happy about my results, the only thing that killed me was when I viewed Maths and saw that I was two marks short of an A1, and me and my teacher made up ~ten marks I'd lost in ridiculous ways - not rounding to significant figures and the worst of all, leaving a blank for a question I hadn't seen and knew the answer to ('what are independent events?' will always kill me, I'll still be able to recite it in my sleep in fifty years). But I wasn't even sad on my results day, I was so happy with all of my results and it was only seeing how close I'd come a week later that tainted it somewhat. I actually woke up feeling so nostalgic this morning and wishing I could go get my results all over again. But that was short-lived, like after a year of college, though I still feel proud and all that, those results and everything that was put into them feels so foreign and distant and insignificant. They helped me get to the path I'm on now, and I like that path, but s'all really! :)

#605 #bluejayandslowshow605budz4life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

When I look back at getting my results I really question the decisions I made. Sometimes I really wish I chose to do Arts in college.

Slow Show wrote: »

#605 #bluejayandslowshow605budz4life

Amidst my nostalgia buzz of the past week I'd completely forgotten about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Jacks Smirking Revenge

I had a girl I know complain to me last night about how she can never be friends with a lad without them wanting something more...

Woke up this morning to find her in a relationship :confused:

understanding-women1.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

That's a girl who wants a relationship but not with that lad.

Like, in fairness, some lads are dicks. I ended up in a relationship with a guy because he wouldn't take no for an answer (side note, that's a REALLY bad reason to go out with someone. REALLY REALLY bad reason), and it ended so badly I'm still trying to deal. But she's taking the proverbial, cause she's gonna get pissed off at him, and then she'll look like the bitch when if she'd said no it would have been "fair enough"

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Jacks Smirking Revenge

Still seemed a bit strange after giving me the whole "All lads are the same" spiel...

• Advertisement

All lads are not the same. And anyone who thinks that needs to take a good hard look at their life and examine where they stand amoungst men women and children. some lads are boys, some are men, some are women. some are men with the emotions of a boy. some are strong some are weak some will fight some will die. so are hardcore some are not. some are gamers some are dancers. some like and want sex some just want a relationship. some want to be loved some just want to love others. some want to go to the end of the earth to save someone some just want to watch the world pass them by.

But what ever it may be no lad is the same never were never will be we are all individual creatures on this planet. anyone who wants to say we are all the same please go back to the womb and come out when you realise we are not. This applies to women as well. just because we all do a few things in common does not mean we took the same approach of how we got there.

Advertisement