Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

nummnutts wrote: »
    Is it just me, or is there an extraordinary amount of horse-****e seeping from everybody's TV tonight?

Ya quite abit of it alright

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

nummnutts wrote: »
    Is it just me, or is there an extraordinary amount of horse-****e seeping from everybody's TV tonight?

I'm not anti-catholic but the church still has quite a hold on people's imagination judging by all the coverage.
    Reminds me of the fascination that some have with with royalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

I'm not anti-catholic but the church still has quite a hold on people's imagination judging by all the coverage.
    Reminds me of the fascination that some have with with royalty.

This country will never change until we cleanse the people that report the news.
    We are a nation of grovllors being fed the waste of our so called rulers by a controlled press.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

It is a huge world wide story. A lot of people who are anti-Catholic would like to think the church is something destined for the past, or not relevant.

Susan McKay was the joke panelist and Patsy McGarry is the joke religious correspondent.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Min wrote: »
    It is a huge world wide story. A lot of people who are anti-Catholic would like to think the church is something destined for the past, or not relevant.

Susan McKay was the joke panelist and Patsy McGarry is the joke religious correspondent.
    And what part do you play?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Min wrote: »

...and the 'serious' priest had to short circuit the debate because he ran up the arse of his own bull**** argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Are they sure that it wasnt other Travellers that burnt that Traveller house?

The Travellers are far too quick to come on shows playing the poor mouth, and far too slow to tackle the troublesome elements in their own ranks.. They are far more sinning than sinned against..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Nice to see Calleary squirming.

A reminder of why we should never let FF anywhere near government again, and a lesson to those gobshítes who elevated them to the top of a recent opinion poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Good man Vinnie, the only media person to highlight the horrific racism rampant in Ireland against travellers. Sickens me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

The Travellers are far too quick to come on shows playing the poor mouth, and far too slow to tackle the troublesome elements in their own ranks.. They are far more sinning than sinned against..

It doesn't make what the councillors said right. They messed up, you can't say things like that, and party leaders can't stand over it or idly by.

• Advertisement

Sickening left wing crap from Vincent... Can I tell you how I feel about Padraig Nally, Vincent... The only mistake he made was that he didnt shoot the son as well..

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

The polls say they're on the way back. People say we get the government we deserve, but we didn't deservrve rhe one we have, and we sure as hell don't deserve another FF crowd

Frog Ward got what was coming to him.

If he wasn't breaking into Nally's property in the first place (and showing his son how its done) he wouldn't have been shot.

Can't believe VB's sympathy lies with those knackers.

Lapin wrote: »
    Frog Ward got what was coming to him. Can't believe VB's sympathy lies with those knackers.

It's kind of funny... Cos if Ward had been from the North Inner City and wasnt a traveller, I cant imagine that ANYBODY in the media would have had much sympathy for him...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Sickening left wing crap from Vincent... Can I tell you how I feel about Padraig Nally, Vincent... The only mistake he made was that he didnt shoot the son as well..

In my honest opinion PMcNally was not advised appropriately by his Counsel...

And before anyone jumps down my neck over my use of the word 'knacker', anyone who breaks into another persons property with their son with the intention to steal or suss the place out for future theft is a thoroughbred knacker in every demeaning sense of the word no matter what their background, race, culture, creed, shoesize, musical taste......

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I'm getting pretty p1ssed off of listening to Vincent giving out about politicians not wanting to appear on the programme :mad: Pat Rabbitte was one of the few government ministers who used to appear on the show, that was until he was snobbed by Vincent/TV3 last week :rolleyes: Keep this up Vinny and you'll be sitting there on your own.
    COMMUNICATIONS Minister Pat Rabbitte suffered a "humiliating" experience at the hands of TV3 after being refused permission to go on the 'Vincent Browne Show'.

He had been invited by the station to appear on the show to speak about the successful negotiation of the Anglo debt deal.

Mr Rabbitte travelled to TV3's head-quarters in Ballymount in Tallaght as soon as he had finished an interview on RTE's 'Primetime' – only to be told by the station that he could not go on due to his 'Primetime' appearance.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/pat-rabbitte-humiliated-by-tv3-snub-29057903.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

It's kind of funny... Cos if Ward had been from the North Inner City and wasnt a traveller, I cant imagine that ANYBODY in the media would have had much sympathy for him...

We're getting the "ah the poor wee travellers" programme from Vinnie tonight. The travellers are well able to rattle on about their rights but don't give a damn about the rights of victims of traveller crime. Not one of them asks the questions as to why people don't trust travellers.

Now they're pushing for themselves to be seen as an ethnic minority because they know that there's money to be had by doing it.

Glenda.

Pretty pointless......as usual.....

Is she even going to say anything at all tonight?

Way to go Glenda..........40 seconds.......... and 5 to go............:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Glenda.

How much did she get for that contribution ?.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

What is the point of doing the papers, then keep butting in and cutting the reporters off?

That's about as much time as I would have given her as well...

Well wasnt that a pleasant little show, defending the poor defenceless in society... I thought I saw the bluebird landing on Dara Calleary's shoulder at one stage..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Glenda.

Way to go Glenda..........40 seconds.......... and 5 to go............:)

They should ditch that "tomorrow mornings papers" section, its a complete waste of time, much like Glenda.

Vinnie will be on to Joe tomorrow to complain.

Joe - Talk to Joe

VB - A car rally thing Joe

Joe - My God

VB - Through the village Joe

Joe - Real cars vincent?

VB - No, apatheid traveller ones Joe

Joe - My God, Well done, well done......

Unfortunately, that is a possibility.
    Feuds impact on Traveller accommodation

Thursday, 22 November 2012 11:20
    FEUDING among some Clare Traveller families is the prime cause of much of the dysfunction in their accommodation, rather than the shortcomings of various Traveller accommodation programmes, it has been claimed.
    According to Clare Traveller Accommodation Committee chairman and Green Party Councillor Brian Meaney, a 2008 report, entitled Experiences and Perspectives of Ennis Travellers, contains serious shortcomings, including the lack of detail on the impact of feuding within the Traveller community.
    Councillor Meaney’s observations put the expenditure of €20 million on Traveller accommodation in Clare back in the spotlight.

http://www.clarechampion.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=12408:feuds-impact-on-traveller-accommodation&catid=41:politics&Itemid=60

€80,000 arson attack on Beechpark – €3,000 per week for security

Thursday, 06 December 2012 11:47
    THE cost of damages after an arson attack on three units in the Beechpark Traveller accommodation site at the weekend is estimated to be around €80,000, Clare County Council has confirmed.

The council is paying €3,000 a week for round-the-clock security. One serviced bay unit was completely destroyed and two others suffered damage as a result of the vandalism in the early hours of Sunday morning. Residents of the only occupied unit at the accommodation site were away from their home at the time and nobody was injured.

http://www.clarechampion.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=12573:80000-arson-attack-on-beechpark-3000-per-week-for-security&catid=74:general&Itemid=60

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, that is a possibility.

well that's why I asked... even though Vincent seemed to poo-poo the same question when it was sent in on the twitter machine..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

So travellers have their own language? Is that 'well mrs'. what a load of crap. Why have 13 children and no-where to house them???? At what stage do you say tie a knot in it?

They are Irish, the same as you and me, they shouldn't get special treatment - we should all get the same benefits of being Irish.

I think I'm being discriminated against because I'm not a traveller and don't qualify for a fist full of freebies

well that's why I asked... even though Vincent seemed to poo-poo the same question when it was sent in on the twitter machine..

Imo Vincent has a very "smoked salmon" view on Traveller's.

I think that Vincent should scrap the newspapers or allocate 15 minutes every night for a proper newspaper preview. The current situation is infuriating, we are lucky if we get a three minute preview most nights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Don't know what Glenda's fee is but on a per minute it must be phenomenal .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement