Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

That Shower Feet yoke looks like a great thing altogether. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I reckon it's just a kite-flying exercise. Nothing will come of it.
    I think you're probably right, they'll reduce it by €10 instead like they have been doing for the last few years. I sort of feel that until there is adequate childcare provision in this country that Children's Allowance shouldn't be touched.

Childcare can cost between €750 - €950 per month per child :eek:

I love the way Cantwell tries to look all serious. He's some tulip.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I gave my number one to a Labour candidate at the last election but Labour has changed, they have turned into Fine Gael Lite.

Gilmore is completely spineless, at least the PDs and the Green Party stuck to their guns on a number of occasions forcing Bertie to give in. Gilmore doesn't want to create any waves at all.
    hmmm, i dunno. the greens swallowed a hell of a lot before htey pulled the plug - a plug which was close to self pulling at that stage (no sexual pun intended)

Labour will lose around 1/3 of their seats though, no matter what they do.

as for the PD's....yuk. nuff said. :)

I think you're probably right, they'll reduce it by €10 instead like they have been doing for the last few years. I sort of feel that until there is adequate childcare provision in this country that Children's Allowance shouldn't be touched.

Childcare can cost between €750 - €950 per month per child :eek:
    but giving it to the super rich and super poor with equal aplomb is crazy.

• Advertisement

It looks like Cantwell has borrowed one of George Hook's ties :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,059 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Oh Alan..stick to reading the news.

What did the Quinns do now??

I wonder if all those muppets are still going to turn up in Cavan on October 14th for the Quinn support rally? The GAA should be fcuking well ashamed of themselves for supporting it. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

vinnie cut off poor alan

• Advertisement

I wonder if all those muppets are still going to turn up in Cavan on October 14th for the Quinn support rally? The GAA should be fcuking well ashamed of themselves for supporting it. :mad:
    did it though? was it not some nut at the microphone? (local hero / nut)

ArtSmart wrote: »
    but giving it to the super rich and super poor with equal aplomb is crazy.
    I agree that the super rich shouldn't get it but there are lots of low and middle income families who rely on it to pay their monthly childcare bills.

I was paying almost €1,000 a month to a child minder (€700) and a pre-school (€280) before my child started primary school, it is a huge financial outlay before you pay a mortgage and utilities. The €140 Children's Allowance payment I received was always put towards the pre-school fees.

M cebee wrote: »
    vinnie cut off poor alan

He probably won't invite him back as quickly as he invited back Glenna Lynch, thank God.

I agree that the super rich shouldn't get it but there are lots of low and middle income families who rely on it to pay their monthly childcare bills.

I was paying almost €1,000 a month to a child minder (€700) and a pre-school (€280) before my child started primary school, it is a huge financial outlay before you pay a mortgage and utilities. The €140 Children's Allowance payment I received was always put towards the pre-school fees.
    of course, those who need it should get it. those who do not, shouldn't. :)

anyway, that's another thread, literally. ;)

did it though? was it not some nut at the microphone? (local hero / nut)

Croke Park made a statement saying it was "non-party political" and therefore not a breach of any GAA rules. I reckon you can take it from this that the GAA are endorsing this rally for Sean Quinn.

I don't see the point of these junior ministries in the first place.

Croke Park made a statement saying it was "non-party political" and therefore not a breach of any GAA rules. I reckon you can take it from this that the GAA are endorsing this rally for Sean Quinn.
    yes, but that's after el nutter hath spoken. they could havee gone down the denounce thingy, and should have without doubt, but i dont think supporting the Quinns is part of GAA philosophy or policy.

yes, but that's after el nutter hath spoken. they could havee gone down the denounce thingy, and should have without doubt, but i dont think supporting the Quinns is part of GAA philosophy or policy.

Aren't you forgetting that Peter Quinn was once the GAA President? The GAA will always look out for their own.

Aren't you forgetting that Peter Quinn was once the GAA President? The GAA will always look out for their own.
    :eek::o;):pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

This panel looks like there could be heated debate !

• Advertisement

Fine Gael still sending out GM Vauxhall Conference TDs to Vinnie :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,508 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Reilly blamed Mary Harney for picking the sites in his constituency and then it was discovered they were selected on his watch. He couldn't lie straight in his bed.
    AND the guy who owns the sites is his friend. Talk about cronyism, didn't this crowd promise to put an end to that??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

Reilly blamed Mary Harney for picking the sites in his constituency and then it was discovered they were selected on his watch. He couldn't lie straight in his bed.
    AND the guy who owns the sites is his friend. Talk about cronyism, didn't this crowd promise to put an end to that??

Watch what you say, he'll put you through the wall.

Fine Gael still sending out GM Vauxhall Conference TDs to Vinnie :rolleyes:

My thoughts exactly, another lite-weight Fianna Gael politician.

How long will it take Irish people to realise that these "politicians" we have in Ireland are a bunch of self serving w*ankers?

Varied wrote: »
    Watch what you say, he'll put you through the wall.

Bottler doesn't hit people does he?:p

David McCullagh's face said it all tonight on the 6 o'clock News as he was trying to explain Reilly's change in criteria. All that talk of logarithms and BS gobbledygook :D

Do we know the name of the centres that Balbriggan and Swords relegated?

If the Shinners have any sense they'll make Peadar Toibín the next leader of the party sooner rather than later. He speaks a lot more sense than most of them.

BINGO ! VB hits the nail on the head - why are you junior gimps being pushed out to explain what the head honchos are doing?:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Have they actually ever questioned why these primary care centres are being built?
    As far as I can see, they're just HSE controlled GP practices.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement