Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Non story .... I'm off to bed

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

John Paul Phelan is a right tool. At least Leo came out the other night and said the Reilly thing looked like stroke politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

John Paul Phelan is a right tool. At least Leo came out the other night and said the Reilly thing looked like stroke politics.

whatever about him, he's characteristic of the fact that we have too many TD's.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

The Lady of the Manor isn't coming across very well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,059 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Fun programme tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

We all know which section of community beat up Hogans brother. No need for it. Like no need for Philly to be sticking his snout in.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

There doesn't seem to be a lot in that letter as it stands. It's easy to get around the sending of that letter. All he has to do is say that he enquired and that he was informed that the council have plans to house the family in another area and in a bigger and better house. Easy.
    I agree.

I remember the controversy involving former Minister Tony Killeen making representations on behalf of prisoners. He blamed it on a cock up in his constituency office and that was the end of the matter.
    Deputy Killeen apologised to An Taoiseach, Bertie Ahern, at the time for the mistakes in his constituency office and assured him new procedures were in place to ensure that there wouldn’t be a repeat of written representations to prisoners without his knowledge.

http://www.clarechampion.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4843:killeen-ended-all-prisoner-representations-after-controversy&catid=41:politics&Itemid=60

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Jellicoe

I don't think Fiasco Phil is going to slip out of this one too easily, it will get legs.

Remember its totally illegal to discriminate against anyone based on them being members of the traveller community, and this letter was sent out in Fiasco Phil's name claiming he managed to stop them get a house in that area.

A freedom of information request to the local authority seeking his other correspondence to them in this might be very revealing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Jellicoe wrote: »
    I don't think Fiasco Phil is going to slip out of this one too easily, it will get legs.

Remember its totally illegal to discriminate against anyone based on them being members of the traveller community, and this letter was sent out in Fiasco Phil's name claiming he managed to stop them get a house in that area.

A freedom of information request to the local authority seeking his other correspondence to them in this might be very revealing.
    The letter doesn't make mention of travelers at all. Nor is there any evidence of discrimination. Or that Hogan had any direct influence in any decision.

This is a non story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Heard that story on Marc Coleman's show tonight... I think the incredible hypocrisy about this story is that everybody is now going to rally on Phil Hogan for being racist, anti traveller etc etc.. when the truth is that 99% of people would not want to live beside travellers, it's just that it's not politically correct in our left wing society to call a spade a spade..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

dvpower wrote: »
    The letter doesn't make mention of travelers at all. Nor is there any evidence of discrimination. Or that Hogan had any direct influence in any decision.

This is a non story.

You mean the letter that mentions the McDonagh traveller family by name........ the letter that was sent to numerous houses in the locality.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

Heard that story on Marc Coleman's show tonight... I think the incredible hypocrisy about this story is that everybody is now going to rally on Phil Hogan for being racist, anti traveller etc etc.. when the truth is that 99% of people would not want to live beside travellers, it's just that it's not politically correct in our left wing society to call a spade a spade..

So long as its not happening beside you (whoever) then you are a discriminatory, bigoted, racist etc (i believe thats what was mentioned in the programme, in my experience there is good reason to have a concern with some people. Anti social behaviour is a bitch, there are no real details of what led to the issues.
    The guy being 14 and having not lived in the area for a long time certainly dont mean there was no issues (I am unaware of what the issues are/were as i dont live there). I live in a situation where there are issues and i can see how it can go.

Also, i dont think you are suggesting they will rally on him, more rail against him?

mikom wrote: »
    You mean the letter that mentions the McDonagh traveller family by name........ the letter that was sent to numerous houses in the locality.....

It wasn't the name you mentioned, another

But the name was mentioned in an article in a paper that it looks like some of the people in question posed for, so the name being mentioned in the show is not suprising?

If the letter was sent to a number of homes, then surely a number of people complained and there must have been some issue? seems likely, surely those that are housed have a responsibility to behave in a certain way (again i dont know the details of this case, Im speaking generally)

Merch wrote: »
    It wasn't the name you mentioned, another

Ah, McCarthys, sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Ah, McCarthys, sorry.

yeah that's the name they said on Newstalk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Jellicoe

dvpower wrote:

This is a non story.

In your dreams. You wont bury it. This one has big strong legs and will run and run.
    Looking forward to tomorrow now.

The letter doesn't make mention of travelers.
    The letter doesn't make mention of McDonaghs.

Try to get a couple of facts together before posting.

Jellicoe wrote: »
    In your dreams. You wont bury it. This one has big strong legs and will run and run.
    Looking forward to tomorrow now.
    There might be a bit of comment about him naming an individual in the letter. This 'story' will be dead in 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

The front page of the tomorrow's Daily Mail says that Hogan reassured constituents that travellers wouldn't be housed near them.

he'd get my vote.

The letter doesn't make mention of McDonaghs.

Try to get a couple of facts together before posting.

It was McCarthys....... read the whole thread.

Direct quote from the letter...... "just a note to let you know that the McCarthy family will not be allocated that house in your area"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A3q42gdCUAAxXFG.jpg:large

Here's a straight fact........ you're posting shite

• Advertisement

The article suggests there was anti social behaviour in the past

• Registered Users Posts: 7,306 ✭✭✭jmcc

And your experience of International Money Laundering is?
    Probably forgot to take a $5 note out of his pants pocket while washing it. :)

Regards...jmcc

It was McCarthys....... read the whole thread.

Direct quote from the letter...... "just a note to let you know that the McCarthy family will not be allocated that house in your area"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A3q42gdCUAAxXFG.jpg:large

Here's a straight fact........ you're posting shite
    Exactly.

No mention of McDonaghs.
    No mention of travellers.

Exactly.

No mention of McDonaghs.
    No mention of travellers.

Read thread.

Roisin Shortarse discussion and Bad Boy Philo's arrogance being discussed tonight:P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Róisín Shortall has resiged as a Junior Minister. Nice to see a politician with principles. http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0926/reilly-and-shortall-meeting-tense-and-difficult.html?3401958,3401958,flash,247

It is such a shame that Dr. James Reilly wouldn't resign. The wrong Minister resigned :mad:.

That other gimp Paul Kehoe on Hogan's shoulder at the Ploughing Championships today. Two right fellas alright.:mad:

Bet Billy Kelleher will be on, spouting s

Lucky I didn't bet :p

• Registered Users Posts: 51,508 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Everyone has gone to Facebook all of a sudden :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,508 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Ursula Halligan is on !! Someone will lose an eye.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement