Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Min wrote: »
    Stats show abortion rates for Ireland are lower than other countries, about 5% of pregnancies are aborted compared to 20% in the UK and France.

But we're inflating the UK figures because many Irish women going to Britain don't give an Irish address ... so we actually have no idea of the Irish abortion rates :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

That Niamh pro Lifers voice is going through my brain, I would hate to be in the middle of her and Claire Daly, both accents would turn me blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,524 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Just switched on. Who is Niamh ?

That Niamh one is the most annoying "human being" I've ever seen on VB.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

A ringer for mrs doyle from Fr Ted this one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Namlub wrote: »
    So on the basis of that anecdote, no-one should have abortions?

It depends on how one views human life, I would say no to abortion. doctors here work to save the lives of both mother and the unborn when a crisis arises and they do a world class job given we have the lowest mortality rate for pregnant mothers in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Makes me glad I decided to watch the delectable Marisa Tomei on RTE and just switched over now. Who is the woman with the screechy voice that isn't Claire Daly?

It depends on how one views human life, I would say no to abortion. doctors here work to save the lives of both mother and the unborn when a crisis arises and they do a world class job given we have the lowest mortality rate for pregnant mothers in the world.

Oh I'm sure all the women from Our Lady of Lourds hospital agree with you :rolleyes:

Just switched on. Who is Niamh ?

Niamh Ni something... a pain in the arse, a dictator, she is telling other women what they can and cannot do with their own bodies, what a freak

Callan57 wrote: »
    Oh I'm sure all the women from Our Lady of Lourds hospital agree with you :rolleyes:

How many women died there?

• Advertisement

I'm off to bed ... heard all the crap in the 1980's not listening to it again
    :mad:

That is the case I mentioned.

Vincent didn't want the people to hear how a girl who was raped asked to see her baby after the abortion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

That is the case I mentioned.

Nice to see it put across in a completely non-hysterical manner

Niamh Ni Bhrian - Life institute !

Problem with the pro lifers, and this has always been the way with them, is that they cannot have constructive debate, they want to shovel their point of view down everyones throat. Dictators.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭gara

If anyone needs medical intervention, it's this obnoxious Niamh individual

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Callan57 wrote: »
    I'm off to bed ... heard all the crap in the 1980's not listening to it again
    :mad:

Come back in 30 years and it will still be going on. One certainty of Irish life is the impossibiliy of people to have a rational discussion on this issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Did he abort Niamh off the show?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭coronaextra

le la rat wrote: »
    Did he abort Niamh off the show?

Ha Ha, she no answer vincent question! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭newleaf

She was trying to answer when Browne cut her off. Browne I think ratcheted up the temperature as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

newleaf wrote: »
    She was trying to answer when Browne cut through her bull****. Browne I think ratcheted up the temperature as well.

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭gara

Niamh's sulking now after being told to put a sock in it -petulant puss on her :)

She was trying to answer when Browne cut her off. Browne I think ratcheted up the temperature as well.

She was spouting out dictatorial drivvle that's why he cut her off.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,524 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I wouldn't shut down Seanad Eireann altogether. I'd cut it down to about 40 and have proper elections. Why should the Govt and Universities appoint their own cronies anyway?

vicwatson wrote: »
    She was spouting out dictatorial drivvle that's why he cut her off.

Actually she was telling a story.

I wouldn't shut down Seanad Eireann altogether. I'd cut it down to about 40 and have proper elections. Why should the Govt and Universities appoint their own cronies anyway?

Agreed. That ****e has to stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

She refused to answer the question Vinnie asked so she could go off on her own tangent, in that circumstance Vinnie is entitled to maintain control of his own show. She was also obnoxious in consistently interrupting Clare Daly when she was trying to get her point across.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

vicwatson wrote: »
    Niamh Ni Bhrian - Life institute !

Problem with the pro lifers, and this has always been the way with them, is that they cannot have constructive debate, they want to shovel their point of view down everyones throat. Dictators.

Seems she ran for election in 1992 in Dublin Central and 514 legion of mary supporters voted for her, her mother is Una Bean “Wife-Swapping-Sodomites” Mhic Mathuna.

micmhathuna1.jpg

Actually she was telling a story.

A story? She was asked a question and went off the usual propaganda rant......lobsided and dishevelled.

• Advertisement

Yeah, leave Seanad as is to watch over Government but serious reform needed as to how it's elected - e.g. Uni grads can vote but IT College grads can't.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement