Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

It was a fairly light-hearted interview. If she'd answered his question straight away he would have just moved on, but she seemed so obstinate and belligerent about giving an answer, she didn't do herself any favours.
    They are in a very awkward situation. Fionnan needs to appear objective as a political editor but being married to a politician must make things very difficult. If it was me, I would take exactly the same approach as Averil. I would want to keep my personal life completely separate to my professional life.

I have a cousin who is married to a reporter and her work contract says that she is not allowed to speak to journalists. So when the Christmas party comes around, her husband gets left at home :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

What was the message about the Barcelona Football team just about at the end the end of the programme?

Seemed Vincent looked very puzzled after afterwards and afterwards there was laughter from the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I would want to keep my personal life completely separate to my professional life.

I don't think she'll have to worry too much about her professional life, given that Fianna Fail about as popular in Dublin at the moment as a pork chop at a Bar Mitzvah. As soon as we get rid of the pointless Seanad, Averil will probably find herself out of a job. ;)

I don't think she'll have to worry too much about her professional life, given that Fianna Fail about as popular in Dublin at the moment as a pork chop at a Bar Mitzvah. As soon as we get rid of the pointless Seanad, Averil will probably find herself out of a job. ;)
    You're all heart this evening Harry :D Poor Averil :( she was only in school when Bertie and Pee Flynn were receiving payments and attending tribunals. Come to think of it, so was I ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

MrsD007 wrote: »
    You're all heart this evening Harry :D Poor Averil :( she was only in school when Bertie and Pee Flynn were receiving payments and attending tribunals. Come to think of it, so was I ;):D

I have no heart when it comes to Fianna Fail, MrsD ;). And I especially have no heart for Seanad representatives as it is a pointless crony institution and a complete affront to democracy.

I'm surprised you were even born when Bertie and Pee Flynn were receiving those payments. :p:D

• Advertisement

That fellow Timmy Dooley is apparently one of the Vice Presidents of Fianna Fáil.

He is not doing a good job at that either.

I didn't know this at the time, but the post above is my :) 500th post :) made on Boards.ie. I am very pleased with that IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

I didn't know this at the time, but the post above is my :) 500th post :) made on Boards.ie. I am very pleased with that IMO.

500 in a few months.

You will reach Ryan Giggs like longevity, I am sure. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

My god, how does Jim Power still have a job..

Congrats dublinman1990 :)

1.163816.jpg

• Advertisement

Tonight's intro

"Data published in the last few days by the Central Statistics Office presents a very grim picture of the state of the Nation. The economy contracting, retail sales contracting, house prices falling with possible grave consequences for the stability of our banks, and deep inequality. That's after the news with Alan Cantwell"

Wouldnt that put a spring your step.. He's like George Lee at this stage..

I suppose you've seen the preview ad about tonight's show. It is about the tribunal lawyers that were appointed through the Mahon Tribunal that were made millionaires.

It also asks do the tribunals account for a complete waste of money spent from the exchequer? Definite yes for that one

A definite yes from me to the question above. An inquiry (when properly run by the State) should be more cheaper to run and are quicker to analyse the facts IMO. The FF government has a lot answer for to the Irish People about the length of time given to each tribunal in each case. I know by looking at their corrupt philosophy; that they are consistently failing to answer those questions with such detail that they do fail to address the disfigurements within their policies.

There is an update on the household charge too.

This should be interesting to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

My god, how does Jim Power still have a job..

I always ask this question too. how can this guy still command airtime on both tv and radio? and why do the interviewers let him off so lightly. is this not the same "great" Jim that coined the phrase "SOFT LANDING".
    the same guy who appeared almost weekly on SIXONE news urging people to get on the ladder while they could still afford to do so.
    A neck like a jockeys ###### springs to mind. :mad:

1.163816.jpg

That's a nice cake. It would interesting to see what it tastes like.

Why does it have a picture of The Addams Family on it?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,524 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The viewing figures must be dropping. Vincent trying his best lately to be even more sensational with his introductions.

washman3 wrote: »
    I always ask this question too. how can this guy still command airtime on both tv and radio? and why do the interviewers let him off so lightly. is this not the same "great" Jim that coined the phrase "SOFT LANDING".

Hey dont do the man injustice, he's not just incompetent with economic matters... Here's Jim's views on 9/11 and the US response to terrorism... (part of my "Jim On" series boxset available from the web shop :pac:)

I just seen O'Cuiv on now.

EDIT* There all TD's tonight. I don't think I've seen all TD's as guests on this show before.

The TD's on tonight are
    • Maureen O'Sullivan IND
    • Fergus O'Dowd FG
    • Padear Tobin SF
    • Eamon O'Cuiv FF

O'Dowd looks like he hasn't recovered from his awful LLS performance. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,524 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Yer man Toibin can talk and seems to know his stuff.
    The Shinners are improving since they hid Gerry out in the forest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

O'Dowd looks like he hasn't recovered from his awful LLS performance. :D
    thats what I thought although I was steamed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

While everyone else is suffering, The Pensioners are doing alright (or better than they were), but no-one wants to talk about it.
    However, retired people bucked the trend with a rise in their income, the CSO study headed up by statistician Marion McCann shows.

Retired people saw their household's disposable income jump by €481 to €36,664 on average in 2010. Lump sum payments from both public and the better private sector pensions are understood to account for the rise in the average figure.

http://www.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/latest-news/recession-cut-disposable-income-of-workers-by-up-to-17000-in-one-year-3063144.html

Seems O'Cuiv just got a right roasting from VB just like Timmy Dooley in the same situation.

And even more of a roasting when Mahon comes up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Dev keeps referring to his experience in the private sector in the Gaeltacht where his business got subsidized to the hilt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

ya right eamonn

Does Dev the 3rd no longer want the leadership? Sounds that way.

vincent has him here... Good point about him judging Lowry on the basis of a tribunal, but not Bertie...

Does Dev the 3rd no longer want the leadership? Sounds that way.

Getting the FF Topspot now would be a bit of a Karl Donitz promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Is it me or does he not always say he will respond to people after the show on "political.ie"?
    Yet no such website exists. :?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

vincent has him here... Good point about him judging Lowry on the basis of a tribunal, but not Bertie...

Caught the FG TD last week on the same subject yet the clowns keep admitting they hadn't read the Moriarty Report. Shows do that nothing will be learnt, that a year later none of them can bother to read the Moriarty Report.

• Advertisement

cast_iron wrote: »
    Is it me or does he not always say he will respond to people after the show on "political.ie"?
    Yet no such website exists. :?

politico.ie

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement