Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

I did the exam and it went fine! :D Convenient that I get tonsillitis the week of the one exam we actually have to talk in :rolleyes:

Now to ignore the fact that I've just taken a week off study and concentrate on next weeks set...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

So that essay I was writing last night, managed to finish it in bleary-eyed oblivion at about 4.30 this morning. I can barely remember writing the second half of it I was so out of it with exhaustion. Ah well. The results and comments should be interesting to say the least.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Namlub wrote: »

:eek:
    How does it do that?

After about 37 attempts, I finally 'beat' the genie - it did not know about Diophantus, the Greek Mathematician

I can't beat it with anything. It knows Zumo from Fair City ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

lad i was on with tonight in work was having a bit of a domestic so he spent the first 3 hours of the shift up the back screaming down the phone. i was left by myself on the busiest friday in months. managed to keep the head and took in 200 quid by myself in an hour. flipping burgers like a bawwwws. i feel like some kind of fast food god. later in the night two of the lads who had the night off came in stoned off their heads so i got to laugh at that too. grand auld night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

:eek:
    How does it do that?

After about 37 attempts, I finally 'beat' the genie - it did not know about Diophantus, the Greek Mathematician

James Hay, 1st Earl of Carlisle confused it, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

"Is your character linked with sex?" "Is your character a sex maniac?"
    0qRb3.jpg

O_o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

Say the ctyi test today, wasn't too bad, except for the bitch beside me who kept trying to copy me :rolleyes: Had the bantz with some of the guys at the break too, its nice talking to some people my age who don't just talk about getting pissed/high XD

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

After attempting to beat him 12 different times I finally out did him! Didn't know who Derek Burke, from cystal swing is!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Colm! wrote: »
    [Larry Murpho]

odbtX.png

This thing must be skynet

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I bet him first time round with Sylvia Plath, which is really weird..

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

deise_girl wrote: »
    I bet him first time round with Sylvia Plath, which is really weird..

You probably got half the questions wrong :pac:

It got Sylvia Plath after like ten questions for me :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

You probably got half the questions wrong :pac:
    It got Sylvia Plath after like ten questions for me :p

Hmmm.... Probs something fishy there alright :L

It knew who Joe Canning was!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I thought I lost my keys last night at a house party but I just found them!
    YUSSS!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

deise_girl wrote: »
    Hmmm.... Probs something fishy there alright :L

It knew who Joe Canning was!

Useless :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Cmon Ireland!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

Really enjoyed being back at work today and getting to meet all the usuals again who were delighted to see me :D Great banter while the match was on, daycent tips and got to chat with my drunken friends who I don't get to see that often. Just wish I could get more hours now!

Ah ha! I got him with Littlefoot from The Land Before Time :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Got Littlefoot after 17 questions for me! :(

Also Sharptooth, Petrie, Ducky... and Spike.
    You just can't win against that genie. :eek:

Got Littlefoot after 17 questions for me! :(

Also Sharptooth, Petrie, Ducky... and Spike.
    You just can't win against that genie. :eek:

Hmm...I tried it again and it asked dinosaur very early. I must have been making up answers cos he gave up the last time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I beat it with Gregor Mendel :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Love doing a really good essay, then off-setting the whole thing with a little barbed joke at the very end. The lecturers never know what to think of me, just like everyone else. Can't bayte a bitta divilmint.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I was out walking today and there was this tiny puppy out running around. He was so close to being hit by a car so I decided I best pick him up and walk around to see if anyone was looking for him. After about 15 minutes I finally found someone who had been looking for the little puppy. Really wanted to bring the puppy home with me but I had such a good feeling for making sure he was safe and returning him to his rightful home! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Grand week off college now to "study".

In all seriousness though I should actually do something.

>.>

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

It managed to get Gregor Clegane for me! :eek:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Jackobyte wrote: »
    It managed to get Gregor Clegane for me! :eek:

It adds new names to the data-base every time it gets beaten. It used to be much easier to trick the genie.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

It adds new names to the data-base every time it gets beaten. It used to be much easier to trick the genie.
    It got Miriam O' Callaghan as well, she had been played 312 times.

You have to find someone who hasn't been played much before. >.<

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

The main reason it gets beaten is the info can change, eg people can gain lose and gain weight, change hair colour, get plastic surgery etc. Usually if its gets the wrong answer and you do another ten Qs it wlll get it, and the name is always in the list of possibilities.

Advertisement