Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Namlub wrote: »
    School :(

I realy really really don't want to go back :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Fupping home button on my iPhone appears to have died and I won't be able to get it fixed under the warranty cos I accidentally smashed the screen so I'm going to have to pay even more to get it fixed now. Bah.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

I really must get better at sealing the deal. It's so fridging frustrating, my shyness seems to go into overdrive at the wrong time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

I hate when you're trying to be angry or remotely serious to someone and you make a mistake... Ruins the whole thing D:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

So it took 3 hours of walking around town alone in the dark for my boyfriend to bother texting me to see if I was okay. Great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

My course will be rejected at 1715 today. I hope I'm making the right decision...*gulp*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

Itunes just charged me €2 for no reason at all. Now I don't have enough money on my card to buy an album I really wanted.

CHEERS, APPLE. Thieves..:mad:

jumpguy wrote: »
    My course will be rejected at 1715 today. I hope I'm making the right decision...*gulp*

Why are you rejecting it?

MavisDavis wrote: »
    Why are you rejecting it?

+1 to this, even if you accept it you can still be offered courses higher in round 2, but if you don't accept and don't get another offer, then you get nothing. Would it not make sense to accept?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    +1 to this, even if you accept it you can still be offered courses higher in round 2, but if you don't accept and don't get another offer, then you get nothing. Would it not make sense to accept?
    Plus if you don't get another offer and decide you still don't want this course, you can just contact the CAO and tell them you don't want it. Better to just accept and keep your options open

• Advertisement

Lawliet wrote: »
    Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    Plus if you don't get another offer and decide you still don't want this course, you can just contact the CAO and tell them you don't want it. Better to just accept and keep your options open
    Are you 100% certain about that? I've decided I would like to either take a year out to mull over things and hopefully get a job in a hospital if I don't get medicine, and repeat just the HPAT and apply to UCAS. If I can't get aforementioned job I will just stay in school and also do the LC, aiming for the glorified 625. Exciting times. I am fairly sure I don't want to accept the course, but extra time would be welcome anyway. Is there any fee for cancelling a course after I accept it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Are you 100% certain about that? I've decided I would like to either take a year out to mull over things and hopefully get a job in a hospital if I don't get medicine, and repeat just the HPAT and apply to UCAS. If I can't get aforementioned job I will just stay in school and also do the LC, aiming for the glorified 625. Exciting times. I am fairly sure I don't want to accept the course, but extra time would be welcome anyway. Is there any fee for cancelling a course after I accept it?

Mod of LC and you don't even know this! :pac:

Accept the course now. It won't change anything at all, at all. You can decline it later by contacting the uni (or the CAO if the acceptance deadline isn't up) and you can still get a round 2 offer regardless of if you accepted or not!

Sorry if I'm not understanding what you're asking..! I have excuses! :P Also I'm not wearing my glasses! :pac:

Mod of LC and you don't even know this! :pac:

Accept the course now. It won't change anything at all, at all. You can decline it later by contacting the uni (or the CAO if the acceptance deadline isn't up) and you can still get a round 2 offer regardless of if you accepted or not!

[SIZE="1"]Sorry if I'm not understanding what you're asking..! I have excuses! :P Also I'm not wearing my glasses! :pac:[/SIZE]
    When is this 'acceptance deadline' the Cao have? How do you know I can reject the course after I accept? is it in the handbook or do you know people that have done it or what? /cautious

When is this 'acceptance deadline' the Cao have? How do you know I can reject the course after I accept? is it in the handbook or do you know people that have done it or what? /cautious

You just can..! Sorry for a blunt answer but like.. Plus if you don't reg like they'll get the hint! You won't be the first to do it, and you won't be the last! :)

I dunno when the deadline is but just accept it now! :)

Yes, if you accept any course lower than your number one choice then you have a chance at getting offered anything above that choice in the second/third/fourth rounds. Of this I am 100% certain.

It is also definitely free to cancel your course. I accepted a course in Maynooth in 2009, and simply emailed the college to tell them I no longer wanted to go as I'd decided to repeat my Leaving Cert.

Accept it, Jumpguy. There's no downside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

I dunno when the deadline is but just accept it now! :)

I think it's when the Round 2s are sent out, the unaccepted R1s expire, isn't it?

I think it's when the Round 2s are sent out, the unaccepted R1s expire, isn't it?

Yeah but maybe a day before.. I recall someone telling me the 29th.. but wait that's today?! Maybe by this evening (like Monday, not Sunday)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Yeah but maybe a day before.. I recall someone telling me the 29th.. but wait that's today?! Maybe by this evening (like Monday, not Sunday)?

Yeah, you might be right about the day early thing. Regardless, Jumpguy, take the course, many people are leaving empty handed and would kill for a decent course. I myself am on my third choice atm, and I'm pretty alright about it, but am still slightly annoyed I missed out on UCD. Oh well, onwards and upwards, don't waste a year of your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I was right! :D :P

(but there are no fees for declining an accepted course)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

UCD are a bunch of arseholes. I've been up since 6.30, trying to register electives, and after 2 hours of very slow webpages, broken links, refreshing, I finally get in, but UCD have now removed the elective registration and what's more anyone who managed to get electives are going to be 'rolled back' so everybody is starting again on an equal footing, at a time 'to be announced'.

What the hell are we paying two grand for? :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

UCD registration, AKA cruel and unusual punishment that I'm paying for!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Are you 100% certain about that?

I am fairly sure I don't want to accept the course, but extra time would be welcome anyway. Is there any fee for cancelling a course after I accept it?
    You can definitely do this, I did two years ago; once I realised I'd rather repeat I just emailed the CAO telling them my circumstances had changed and I no longer wanted the course, and that was the end of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

I can't log into mine either, so it's possibly just a problem with the website! And I don't think I was doing that badly!

(first post in the new aaaaarrggggghhhh)

We're back in action :)

That website is all over the place...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

We're back in action :)

That website is all over the place...

I was doing so well in my brother's league until this weekend, I got a miserable 38 points, whereas the people who had Dzeko or Rooney got an insane amount of points so I've been reduced from 3rd to 9th :mad: One guy got 91 points this weekend!

Ah well, I actually don't follow soccer at all and made my team purely from guessing, so it was fun to leave people baffled as to why they were being beaten by me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Soooooo...kinda bad when you realise things you didnt mean to do :rolleyes: or say...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

School :(

My dad has woken me up a total of 4 times this morning.. :mad: (Ok they were all reasonable times to be woken up but I can be mad.. Right? :P)

My friend rang and woke me at 11 asking did I want to go for a walk. She said half 12, I dragged myself out of bed and got ready on time. She still isn't here. I could still me sleeping :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

Fantasy Football is a real headwrecker!
    Put no effort into my team the year before last and finished with a net worth of 106, put loads of effort in last year and finished with a team worth 96 (OPL site one)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement