Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Don't you dare send a text to check why s/he hasn't replied yet, or I'll punch you in the shins.

The shins? Why the shins? Seems a bit cruel, no? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Don't you dare send a text to check why s/he hasn't replied yet, or I'll punch you in the shins.
    Agreed. The "Maybe my phone actually broke at that precise moment and the text never actually went" argument that your brain will no doubt present to you is almost never true :P
    I was pretty unsure as to whether I had the correct number or not, seeing as the number was in my phone since 3rd year, but that I haven't used it since 3rd year so that number may have been lost or replaced, and that is running through my head rather than anything else.

Robby91 wrote: »
    The shins? Why the shins? Seems a bit cruel, no? :P
    I'd imagine it'd hurt his knuckles a lot more than my shins as well, shins are hard and unmoving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Jackobyte wrote: »
    I was pretty unsure as to whether I had the correct number or not, seeing as the number was in my phone since 3rd year, but that I haven't used it since 3rd year so that number may have been lost or replaced, and that is running through my head rather than anything else.

When will you be seeing them in person again? You could see if they have their mobile number public on facebook and check if its the same.

When will you be seeing them in person again? You could see if they have their mobile number public on facebook and check if its the same.
    Monday. They don't have the number on Facebook.

As much as I appreciate everyone's support, I don't think there is much that can be said to will make me less anxious about this until/unless I get a reply.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Jackobyte wrote: »
    I'd imagine it'd hurt his knuckles a lot more than my shins as well, shins are hard and unmoving.

You've clearly never been punched in the shins. Many a hard man has been taken down a notch with a good punch to the shins.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,405 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

O how much I hate those texts...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

I really wish people wouldn't take the piss out of me doing Arts, however light hearted. I'm still heartbroken over not getting what I wanted..it's all flooding back again after the stupid appeals:( People are never going to understand how crap I feel about wasting 2 years of my life, and managing to come out with the worst LC I could personally have achieved.

That kind of disappointment doesn't just fade away after a couple of months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

_meehan_ wrote: »
    People are never going to understand how crap I feel about wasting 2 years of my life, and managing to come out with the worst LC I could personally have achieved.

I hate to say it... buuuut, I did much the same. Can't believe how poorly I did, notably in maths. Aiming for a B1, got a D3, couldn't get any of my courses, due to having too few points and not meeting the requirements. Thank god for DIT's make up maths exam, or I'd be well fecked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

I really wish people wouldn't take the piss out of me doing Arts, however light hearted. I'm still heartbroken over not getting what I wanted..it's all flooding back again after the stupid appeals:( People are never going to understand how crap I feel about wasting 2 years of my life, and managing to come out with the worst LC I could personally have achieved.

Do you think you'd ever consider resitting the LC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

If it makes you feel any better which it won't.I managed to fail chemistry in my leaving and then I went back to a school for a year and resat it and still didnt get my first choice.All my friends were in college that year aswell I felt crazy left out.

But now I love the course I did get and one of my friends got pregnant and two others dropped out,another failed first year and had to repeat that.Basically what I'm saying is yeah you may have done crappy but something good will come out of it,have faith.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

If it makes you feel any better which it won't.I managed to fail chemistry in my leaving and then I went back to a school for a year and resat it and still didnt get my first choice.All my friends were in college that year aswell I felt crazy left out.

But now I love the course I did get and one of my friends got pregnant and two others dropped out,another failed first year and had to repeat that.Basically what I'm saying is yeah you may have done crappy but something good will come out of it,have faith.:)

But if not then pray that your friends screw up kinda thing? :pac:

Meehan don't mind people slagging you about Arts, it may not have been your first choice but it was on your CAO for a reason. You wanted to do it on some level and now you're doing it. I'm sure you'll love it in three years time so just enjoy it while you can and please, don't look back in anger (Oasis = legends) :D

Turned off the alarm in the whole building at work. Woopsies. At least the loud noises have woken me up. *sigh*

I really wish I could just give up work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Have no motivation to study and keep getting pressured to study now

*sighs*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Thanks guys!

@ PseudoFamous..for me my most surprising and notable let down in my results was English..you'd never think I'd been top of the class for 2 years like..I'm doing it in college now..I've a point to prove:cool:

@ JamJamJamJam..not a hope could I resit the leaving! I've never known pressure like it, and it really affected me badly during 6th year and the exams..it was scary really..I should have gotten help during it but didn't. And after viewing my papers in September, I got to see first hand the farce the LC is.

@ Aisling..that must have been really tough, after all that effort! Your friends obviously had a bad run of it in college, but it's good that you're happy with what you're doing now:) I feel better today anyway, yesterday was quite bad, I'm trying to forget everything!

@ RHunce..yeah it's not even that I dislike Arts, I'm enjoying my subjects and everything, but people think it's hilarious to make you feel like you're useless and less intelligent than them. I'm gone shy now about telling people what I'm doing in college, cos the reaction I get is kinda bad. Hard to explain tbh! Basically, people are horrible, and I'm bitter to an extent.

Sorry for ranting at ye lads, but I had to get it off my shoulders, and nobody IRL listens quite as well as ye do! Ye always give brilliant advice, thanks so much:)

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Sorry for ranting at ye lads
    Well, it is the aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhh thread for reason, right? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

My stupid inability to say "no" has me really busy this weekend. I really, really need a weekend of solid studying :(

Not living in Dublin is going to prove problematic next week, too. I'll be staying very late on Monday and Wednesday night, with disgustingly early starts the next days. Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I can't believe how petty some people are, it's sick.

And college is gosh darn difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I'm sure I posted this about 2 hours ago but anyway here we go again
    Aaarrgghh Take 2:
    I had to end up spending an hour longer at the open day than I was supposed to. It was meant to be on from 10-12 but it was 1 by the time I got around the whole school with my group of people and by the time we got to the end we didn't even get to see all the stuff because a load of teachers and stuff had left at 12 so there was no one in some rooms when we got to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Jay P wrote: »
    I can't believe how petty some people are, it's sick.

You're sick. Ha ha, I won!

• Advertisement

Every message I receive gets my hopes up before dashing them again. I need this solved. :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

So it looks like by the end of this week I could have effectively failed the semester. Fantastic. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

I say stupid things that make people mad and make them hate me and then I hate myself and now it's the worst night ever.

;_;

I need some Halloween costume ideas...imagination is not my thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I hate suspecting there's something wrong with my phone preventing messages from getting through but being unable to text the person to ask if they replied. Godamnit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

I hate suspecting there's something wrong with my phone preventing messages from getting through but being unable to text the person to ask if they replied. Godamnit.

I do this too! Thought I was the only one :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

Break ups suck :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Havnt started studying rocks for the geo test tomorrow yet, and dont really fancy starting either.. Im SO lazy at the weekends.. Maybe Gaa season ending will improve my workrate :/ Altho next week I think Im going to Kilkenny for their county final, and the week after Ill probs be watching the Munster quarter final..

Ahh forget it, Im just a stupidley lazy person.

I want NEED this dress on ebay, and my brother said I could use his paypal account. I had finally decided exactly what I want...and he's gone offline!! :mad::(:mad: What if it sells out?! Ahhh!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

The pain when you want to sleep sooooo badly but you still have work to do...I thought this **** was supposed to end with school!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement