Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Namlub wrote: »
    As if I hadn't suffered enough technology failures this summer already, my right earphone has broken and now every song I listen to just sounds like drums. Bah.

I feel your pain >.< amount I spend on earphones, tis riddiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

omg my results are out tomorrow.. NEED to get my choice or i'm in for a year of going back to school to study the subject i've hated since I was 4. Gaeilge.. If I have to start learning An Triail and Hurlamaboc again I may not make it through the year.. :rolleyes: :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Didn't Hurlamaboc come up this year? I'm certainly hoping so, anything to lessen the chance that I have to write about that awful awful thing in my own LC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Yup, I'm just glad we didn't get Dis tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Colm! wrote: »
    Didn't Hurlamaboc come up this year? I'm certainly hoping so, anything to lessen the chance that I have to write about that awful awful thing in my own LC

I wrote so much complete sh**e on that. Absolutely nothing happens in the bloody thing!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

*sigh*

Now I remember why I failed these modules first time around...

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Spent the day putting my ikea desk together, pretty much finished but there's eight screws that just wont go in properly, so the drawer wont fit. Don't suppose anyone around Dublin has an electric screwdriver they feel like lending me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

I hate painting!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

deise_girl wrote: »
    Its okay lads, my brain seemed to sense something.. It woke me up at half 6, after 7, 20 to 8 and half 8.

And then we got tickets :D
    But keeping in tune with the arghh thread my friend is warning me these are super awful tickets, but theyre tickets nonetheless.
    But coz its the arghh thread I must mention that grievance..

Oh gosh, how much bbz? :P NOT THE 81 EURO ONESSSS?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Oh gosh, how much bbz? :P NOT THE 81 EURO ONESSSS?

Nope 70 but with booking fee its like 75 -.-
    For an extra tenner we coulda gotten wayyyyy better tickets but we didnt know this at the time and thought the middle price ones would still be decent.
    The 50 euro ones are rightly shoved into a back corner though..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

omg my results are out tomorrow.. NEED to get my choice or i'm in for a year of going back to school to study the subject i've hated since I was 4. Gaeilge.. If I have to start learning An Triail and Hurlamaboc again I may not make it through the year.. :rolleyes: :confused:

I doubt you'll have to repeat, but you if get the required grade in Irish to get you into university, you don't have to repeat it.:p Best of luck though!

ARGH: Have to go to work at 8 in the morning.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

This time 12/13 hours I will be about to get my results. :(

I know it's OT, but while ye're mentioning results...I would advise that no matter what you get (especially if you're disappointed) do whatever YOU want to do for the day.

I was devastated with my results last year, and I ended up turning off my phone and deactivating my facebook because I was being nagged no end about going out. Everyone was saying things like "but you have to go out" "you're ruining the night if you don't come" "it's not the end of the world" etc. All from people who were happy with their results of course.:rolleyes:

If you're happy, go out and celebrate if that's what you want to do, but don't insist your disappointed friends (if any) go out when they say they don't want to. And if you are disappointed and don't feel up to it, do not give in just to keep other people happy. Tomorrow is a day where you get to be selfish, celebrate how you want, or wallow how you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I feel like I've lost my emotions, I don't feel happy, sad or nervous just the same indifferent feeling. What's wrong with me? :(

Luno wrote: »
    I feel like I've lost my emotions, I don't feel happy, sad or nervous just the same indifferent feeling. What's wrong with me? :(

I was the same until I had the envelope in my hand...the emotions hit me like a train after that! I know you expect to feel differently because it's supposed to be huge and life-changing, you're perfectly normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Luno wrote: »
    Don't worry about that son, you're just becoming a man.

Wait, you're female aren't you? I think you may have just eaten too many testosterone-laden foods then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Tomorrow is my first day off after almost 60 hours work in the last week. I am exhausted. Then back on Thursday for another week and a half of fun without a day off. Think of the money, think of the money...

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

Been up with the last hour, noise of wind and rain woke me. Im scared sh*tless for the people getting results today, like I'm already terrified to get them next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I put some washing up liquid in a glass intending to wash it, forgot about it, came back thought the glass was clean, filled it with coke, mistook the foam for fizz and had a mouthful.
    I think that'll put me off coke for a while >_<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

Decided that to try and squish down all the recycling into the bin I would climb into the bin and squash it down with me feet.

I went flying out of the bin after i lost my balance in front of 2 cars :o my leg is all cut up and I never realised savlon hurt so much :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

anirishlad wrote: »
    Decided that to try and squish down all the recycling into the bin I would climb into the bin and squash it down with me feet.

I went flying out of the bin after i lost my balance in front of 2 cars :o my leg is all cut up and I never realised savlon hurt so much :P

A guy in my year did that and knocked out his two front teeth :O You got lucky xD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Disappointed with my results tbh. No A's and I really wanted one in Business :( 465 points overall, have to wait till Monday to see if course rises by 60 (very possible). If it does I'm repeating. I realize now that I should have started studying properly before April this year, if I do repeat I think I will be in a better mind set for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Cruel Sun wrote: »
    Disappointed with my results tbh. No A's and I really wanted one in Business :( 465 points overall, have to wait till Monday to see if course rises by 60 (very possible). If it does I'm repeating. I realize now that I should have started studying properly before April this year, if I do repeat I think I will be in a better mind set for next year.

If you got 465 without applying yourself then you must be amazingly smart!
    Hopefully you get your course and if you don't repeating isnt half as bad as people make it out to be.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Applying for a grant knowing I wont get it is shít.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Three and a half weeks left before college starts again. In my head it's still June.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I decided two months ago to do Arts in college after being convinced Mary I was for me. I'm really happy I decided to change my mind but there's so many people who are complaining that they probably didn't get the points for their course and will "only get stupid Arts". I can understand why you'd get upset over not getting your preference but if you talk down so much about a course, why did you apply for it in the first place. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Lawliet wrote: »
    I put some washing up liquid in a glass intending to wash it, forgot about it, came back thought the glass was clean, filled it with coke, mistook the foam for fizz and had a mouthful.
    I think that'll put me off coke for a while >_<
    When I was young, I used to mix water and shampoo, swirl it around in my mouth and then I could blow massive bubbles from my mouth. :P

Anyway, my argh, last night was shít, spent most of it with this young lad I vaguely know who drank a ridiculous amount of vodka draped over my shoulders. Fúcking idiot, but I couldn't just leave him in the corner in a strange town (didn't go out at home.) To make it even more annoying, he wouldn't give me the password for his phone so I couldn't call his parents (they'd "kill him" apparently, shouldn't have drank so much then you spa) to collect him. Eventually another one of the lads who didn't get into the club said he'd take care of him so I could go and enjoy some of the night, but by then it was too late... I recall he had sobered up to the level he was able to shout inanely and stumble about under his own power by the time I got out of the club, and was just becoming even more of a pain in the arse to mind. I hope he managed to get to the bus home though, he's probably too inconsiderate to let me fooking know, or he won't even remember I was there.

Doing my driving test at the moment. I'm getting sick of this guy writing something down every two seconds, wish he'd stop distracting me. He doesn't seem to like me much at all, he keeps telling me take ridiculous turns and is overly insisted that I not use my phone. I thought they were supposed to observe and direct, not be your instructor.
    This didn't really happen

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Davidius wrote: »
    Doing my driving test at the moment. I'm getting sick of this guy writing something down every two seconds, wish he'd stop distracting me. He doesn't seem to like me much at all, he keeps telling me take ridiculous turns and is overly insisted that I not use my phone. I thought they were supposed to observe and direct, not be your instructor.

I bet he loved it when you stopped mid test to post on Boards... :pac:

• Advertisement

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I bet he loved it when you stopped mid test to post on Boards... :pac:
    Nah, didn't need to stop. Just cruising along on the straight, be grand.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement