Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Goddamn you Google Chrome. I like you, but don't refresh a page and make me lose a long Boards post for no reason :\

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

Weird but so so interesting... This is fcking me over :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

I miss C&H!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

cork*girl wrote: »
    I miss C&H!!!!

C&H misses you!!

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    C&H misses you!!

I told you my reason for my absence didnt I? God who knows.. all my posts on this might be being watched right now:o :o:o I feel like I am in The Truman Show... they are possibly reading this...

/not making any sense :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

MarkD09 wrote: »

I love how they take themselves so seriously. Some words and phrases like that just make more of an impact on a lot of people, and often make their way into pop culture. If you hang around a lot of people that use a certain phrase, chances are you'll start incorpating it into your everyday speech. So it makes sense that if some influential musicians use a phrase, then people who listen to a lot of music -like other musicians- will pick up on it and may use it themselves. There's nothing sinister about it, it's just how people are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

Lawliet wrote: »
    I love how they take themselves so seriously. Some words and phrases like that just make more of an impact on a lot of people, and often make their way into pop culture. If you hang around a lot of people that use a certain phrase, chances are you'll start incorpating it into your everyday speech. So it makes sense that if some influential musicians use a phrase, then people who listen to a lot of music -like other musicians- will pick up on it and may use it themselves. There's nothing sinister about it, it's just how people are.

Couldn't of said it better myself! And some of the theories they come up with are pure bollox :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

cork*girl wrote: »
    I told you my reason for my absence didnt I? God who knows.. all my posts on this might be being watched right now:o :o:o I feel like I am in The Truman Show... they are possibly reading this...

/not making any sense :pac:

I don't think so? :pac: Maybe ages ago? I'm confused :pac:

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    I don't think so? :pac: Maybe ages ago? I'm confused :pac:

Totes awks!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭EverybodyLies

Where the fcuk is my Pottermore email?

S'not fairrrr! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Such a strange week. Started back fully into lectures, then on Tuesday found out that we have nothing til next Tuesday. Really strange, feeling a little bit in limbo :P Haven't even moved in properly cos couldn't fit everything in the car the first time, and getting the bus back next week...I need all my stuff dammit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

My laptop randomly decided to stop playing sound just as I plugged in my earphones which are kind of damaged but OK. So I started bending the jack to get it working, then I noticed my laptop wasn't playing sound through the speakers, So I restarted it and now my laptops fine but I've broken my earphones...

I really can't justify buying another set of earphones :(

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

A moth just full on attacked me and I'm not exaggerating. I don't mind them at all, I don't care if there flying near me I just ignore them but this one was demented and now it's still in the room lurking somewhere and I'm scared!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

To be fair, part 2 is complete bull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

The Illuminati stuff always interests me, even if they're real or not.

Went onto wikipedia to find out how many episodes of House were in the season I'm on, and accidentally saw a major spoiler. DAMN YOU WIKIPEDIA :(

And no. This was totally not my own fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Went onto wikipedia to find out how many episodes of House were in the season I'm on, and accidentally saw a major spoiler. DAMN YOU WIKIPEDIA :(

Ew, sucky :( It could have said citation needed! There's still hope! :D

... Hmmm...

citations.png

Anyway, aaaaaarrrrrrrrrghhh!! My plans to go to bed relatively early have failed miserably after I repeatedly told myself I'd listen to "just one more song!!" on Youtube for about 2 hours, while also playing QWOP... Starting to think the supposedly crap internet speed in my college accommodation will do me some good...!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

while also playing QWOP
    That's an argh in itself tbh (GIRP too...).

Argh, waiting patiently for the morning is so bothersome :(

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

This happened to me too! What I did from then on was look up the first episode in the season on wikipedia, and on the right hand side of the page there's just a numbered list of episodes!

I completely forgot to get all diseases I need checked done at my first blood test so I have to go in again to the strangest GP in the known universe. Boo-urns.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I should be going to a 21st in Wexford but instead I'm going to a crap one in Mayo. I'll definitely regret this.

• Advertisement

wayhey wrote: »
    I completely forgot to get all diseases I need checked done at my first blood test so I have to go in again to the strangest GP in the known universe. Boo-urns.

Oh, are you doing all that vaccination crap? God that is really the worst thing about the whole medicine thing :pac: I've been delightfully told by the college doctors that I'm one of very few Irish people who don't already have antibodies or vaccinations to certain things, like chicken pox and the MMR. I HATE NEEDLES! :( I'm still getting reams of vaccines 2 years on....grr....:mad:

Hurricane? In Galway? Actual hurricane?! Should be interesting...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

i hate college :( seriously want to just stay home and just hide away for a few months. weekend is totally ruined. cant wait until christmas when its all over.

musical.x wrote: »
    i hate college :( seriously want to just stay home and just hide away for a few months. weekend is totally ruined. cant wait until christmas when its all over.

:( Aw no :( Is it your modules or just the whole thing in general? I know you look forward to going back for ages but sometimes the first week back can be hideous! Hopefully things will look up a bit next week :)

:( Aw no :( Is it your modules or just the whole thing in general? I know you look forward to going back for ages but sometimes the first week back can be hideous! Hopefully things will look up a bit next week :)
    college in general. i dont know anyone in my year.everyone has their own group of friends that they stick with. group of us signed up for a module and i'm the only one that got it. we have to do a presentation and it would have been easier if they were there. i'm pretty much on my own every day. i suck basically.
    thanks for replying though.

college in general. i dont know anyone in my year.everyone has their own group of friends that they stick with. group of us signed up for a module and i'm the only one that got it. we have to do a presentation and it would have been easier if they were there. i'm pretty much on my own every day. i suck basically.
    thanks for replying though.

I know it's hard, but one of the best things about college is getting to know new people, doing new things and just being in a place much better than school.

The first few weeks can be tough cause everyone is probably nervous and afraid to talk to new people, they're all in the same position as you wether they're in groups or not, you can still talk to them.

Best thing to do, is arrive early, if you have to wait outside chances are they'll be others waiting, just start up a conversation with them about anything, before long you'll know some people and once you know a few it's a lot easier to chat to others.

Obviously you're just not going to click with some people, but that's life!

Also, when I started there were groups, I was in the same position as you, know there's still groups but most of them are completely different to first year cause we've all got to know each other.

I hope that makes sense!

Ricky91t wrote: »
    I know it's hard, but one of the best things about college is getting to know new people, doing new things and just being in a place much better than school.

The first few weeks can be tough cause everyone is probably nervous and afraid to talk to new people, they're all in the same position as you wether they're in groups or not, you can still talk to them.

Best thing to do, is arrive early, if you have to wait outside chances are they'll be others waiting, just start up a conversation with them about anything, before long you'll know some people and once you know a few it's a lot easier to chat to others.

Obviously you're just not going to click with some people, but that's life!

Also, when I started there were groups, I was in the same position as you, know there's still groups but most of them are completely different to first year cause we've all got to know each other.

I hope that makes sense!
    i'm actually in my second year and things havent got easier. i must be awful hard to click with:o thanks for your reply though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Robby91 wrote: »
    That's an argh in itself tbh (GIRP too...).

Argh, waiting patiently for the morning is so bothersome :(

Just discovered GIRP, and I can't do it at all :pac::pac::pac: But I reached 22.6 metres in QWOP running properly! Determined to finish it!! :cool:

My phone charger is broken so I have to charge it through the USB... What a minor inconvenience! :mad:

Just discovered GIRP, and I can't do it at all :pac::pac::pac: But I reached 22.6 metres in QWOP running properly! Determined to finish it!! :cool:

I finished QWOP last year the night before an exam...totally worth it :cool:

As for GIRP though...I actually just can't function on that one :P

• Advertisement

i'm actually in my second year and things havent got easier. i must be awful hard to click with:o thanks for your reply though.

Don't let that put you off!

I'm just going into third year, at the start of second year there was what I thought was a repeat student as I hadn't seen/spoke to him before, he's now friends with a lot of the class.

I only found out a few months after that he was in our class since first year and was just extremely quiet/shy, literally spoke to no one. So you've no excuse!

It won't be easy, I used to be extremely shy and quiet but I decided I should just try to chat with people. Once you've done it once it'll get easier ( even if you don't make a friend from it!) just don't let it get you down! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement