Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I would suggest that there is cause for caution - too many cooks have been proven to spoil the broth (digital and otherwise).

But still - fascinated to see what the project could be to get them all on board together.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I watched Videocracy the other night on Netflix and this was in it.
    A really mental campaign song from everyone's favourite pimp daddy of politics, Silvio Berlusconi.
    My girlfriends never seen it and neither has anyone in her family so I'm not sure how much airtime this actually got in Italy.

Videocracy is worth a look by the way.

Please note the blonde who cant sing at 1:18. She's clearly slept with Berlusconi to be in this video :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Just seen Da Rage's latest haul on facebook...

They're selling a gameboy player for the gamecube for 60 quid!

Erratic pricing is erratic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Just seen Da Rage's latest haul on facebook...

They're selling a gameboy player for the gamecube for 60 quid!

Erratic pricing is erratic.

I got one off them brand new and sealed last year for 20 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

It'll probably sell for that price as well, which is even crazier than the pricing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Guy in Fairyhouse was flogging a fairly tatty looking SNES for €65 last weekend, seemed a bit much given the state of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

Guy in Fairyhouse was flogging a fairly tatty looking SNES for €65 last weekend, seemed a bit much given the state of it.
    Redonkulous (is that how it's spelt?) I was offered a NES, some dodgy looking games(looked like bootlegs, if that's possible), about 6 Atari 2600 carts, 2 unoffical nes pads and a few odd looking yellow cassette tape games for €20 at a market last Sunday , too bad I left my wallet at home :( Does anybody know what the yellow cassette tapes were for?

I just remembered, they were probly speccy tapes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Played a bit of my new Bangaio this afternoon and very nice it is too, one of the best €4 I have yet spent, it's a bit mad isn't it?
    I know I had a "copy" of it a while ago but never played it, really.
    Now I have spent some money on it, even a nominal sum, I want to get into it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Oh and this has to be a must have for Sera..

It's Adventure Time

It's Link

It's Green!

1326489081_BOTTOM__011220h31m48.jpg

Only available for another 7 hours....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Was going through Spoony's old videos and saw the manliest thing ever:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Was going through Spoony's old videos and saw the manliest thing ever:

His almighty voice emits the sound of sirens.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I dunno man, it's still not this -

waveform wrote: »
    His almighty voice emits the sound of sirens.

It's actually wrecking my head which sound effect from a retro game, sounds like the noise he's making!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

That sound you thinking of is the voice of god gasping in awe of Reb Brown!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

rightio ..Avatar change today , name change hopefully tommorrow...

George Takei put this on FB
    424555_386437781385681_205344452828349_1415342_315070545_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

He might not have known the value so just picked a high one incase somebody went for it. Probably could have bargained him down.

Like on adverts.ie many post a high asking price knowing full well they will not get it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Sera wrote: »

HOW IS POSSIBLE?!?!!
    confused-cat.jpg

Master of the Universe

WTF?!

Get outta my head Pacman!!!

• Advertisement

That little b@stard will be with us forever and ever now, inside our heads...
    If you do it and here the sound of any other Namco characters you should probably seek professional help!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I noticed the other day that there's a Pac-man Party Game on the 3DS... I'd imagine it's horrible!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    That little b@stard will be with us forever and ever now, inside our heads...
    If you do it and here the sound of any other Namco characters you should probably seek professional help!

I hear the Dig Dug music every time I move. Is there a psychological condition for that?

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I hear the Dig Dug music every time I move. Is there a psychological condition for that?
    Mega64itus :confused: after who discovered it?

"Thumb's up" if you spent your childhood playing pacman and ended up munching on pills in dark rooms later on in real life!

Did I just ask for a thumbs up on boards, like they do on youtube?

Oh dear!

Mega64itus :confused: after who discovered it?

Sorry now for the triple post, but that is one of the random and silly-funniest gaming relating things I've ever seen, and I've watched a fair few of their videos!

There should be a flash mob would a **** load of people running the street doing this in random directions.

Dig Dug when you move?
    It's better than the Vice City soundtrack in my head when I'm driving on a sunny day!
    Or the Ico themes as I step outside on a summers morning... lovely...

Could do without memories of Rise of the Robots when I do a number 2 in the bathroom and look in the bowl before flushing!!

Master of the Universe

Oh, the sweet joys of a detached house and two and a half foot speakers from the 70s.

/Cranks stereo to 11.

I swear to god, if I do eventually buy a house, and it's semi detactched, my neighbours are doomed. At the moment the house foundations are literally rumbling to Rush. Rumbling!! Gotta have you lot around here for a beers sometime soon :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

tumblr_lzr76ndvPx1rq74tpo1_500.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement