Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,863 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Contra is 25 years old today apparently. 25 years ago the original was released in arcades.

I feel old.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,540 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Contra is 25 years old today apparently. 25 years ago the original was released in arcades.

I feel old.

For someone to be able to buy booze now, they have to have been born before 1993. 1993!!!

Not only would they not remember Italia 90, they wouldn't be alive for another 3 years.

****ing mental!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

o1s1n wrote:
    Not only would they not remember Italia 90
    was born the week Italia 90 started :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I feel old.

Hey I was only playing it, well Probotector, on the Nes yesterday!
    I was also playing Boulder Dash, and I bet Sparks was thinking of it at the same time.... but then again, he always thinks about Boulder Dash...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

o1s1n wrote: »
    For someone to be able to buy booze now, they have to have been born before 1993. 1993!!!

Not only would they not remember Italia 90, they wouldn't be alive for another 3 years.

****ing mental!

I was in my first year of nurse training in 1990, having already done a year of an applied science degree in Kevin St.
    Bloody kids!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Lol I was born in 92, and who said I couldn't get drink back then?! I was a Saturday night regular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Sera wrote: »
    was born the week Italia 90 started :pac:

Put 'em under pressure

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,863 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

o1s1n wrote: »

****ing mental!

Does that describe you?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,961 ✭✭✭Doge

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    You lot have seen my gamesroom, right?

It was more of a stab at Steve SI than anything else!

The rich bastard he is! :D

I don't think I've seen it yet, or at least remember which was yours.

Wouldn't mind seeing it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I was running home from playing marbles/no laughing no talking no red lights/bulldog/cutting down trees for bonfires/playing super mario at a friends house/ playing with G.I. Joe in the sand/ building massive piles of haystacks to watch the ghostbuster's cartoon in 1990.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,851 ✭✭✭Steve X2

waveform wrote: »
    It was more of a stab at Steve SI than anything else!

The rich bastard he is! :D

I don't think I've seen it yet, or at least remember which was yours.

Wouldn't mind seeing it though.

I'm not rich, just ask Jenkins my butler. He's been looking for a raise for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

On the subject of games why on earth is it so hard to find easy access to original xbox game isos :confused:

Sparks43 wrote: »
    On the subject of games why on earth is it so hard to find easy access to original xbox game isos :confused:

Because it's illegal????

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,136 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Here's one for johnny ultimate on his favourite videogame topic, Christian games. Namely christian first person shooters in this case:

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/christianfps/christianfps.htm

Ah, they make mocking so very easy :D

Steve SI wrote: »
    I'm not rich, just ask Jenkins my butler. He's been looking for a raise for years.

It's not as if you've a pantry or an exotic mountain lodge ffs. The man wants a Vita is all :D

Steve SI wrote: »
    Because it's illegal????

Strangely enough i am looking for a backup of a game i own so that i can test hdd loading on my new freshly made xboxhd

Strangely enough i am looking for a backup of a game i own so that i can test hdd loading on my new freshly made xboxhd

Can you not rip your legit disc in that case?

The 'backup of a game I own' argument is still void, if the game is protected with a digital content protection system, it's illegal to evade such protection whether you own said disc or not :)

EnterNow wrote: »
    Can you not rip your legit disc in that case?

Can any of the evox xbmc or any others rip games to an original xboxhd like can be done on the wii?

If your having trouble ripping a game you own I say download it.
    Xbox ISO's are all over the place anyway.

Can any of the evox xbmc or any others rip games to an original xboxhd like can be done on the wii?

Its a native feature of UnleashX, I'm sure Evox has the same functions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Any idea why my Amiga 1200 shows crrrrappp quality via composite?

Master of the Universe

Because it's composite? :pac:

Buy an RGB cable.

Where do I plug that into? o0

Master of the Universe

One end into your Amiga, the other end into the RGB socket in your TV! :D

You can put a RGB cable into the composite of the Amiga? o_0
    (fairly new to this, always used composite and never knew any different)

Master of the Universe

An A1200 can do RGB perfectly, the cable looks like this -

amiga-rgb-to-scart.jpg

Definitely pick one up! They're not that much really and composite looks like arse!

Scart > composite? :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

zOMG!I just beat Crasher Wash using Infernape :eek: you may worship me now..

Master of the Universe

Scart > composite? :confused::confused:

You gotta be trolling me now? :D

Not only is RGB scart a million times better than composite, some of the pins even carry a composite signal if you feel like subjecting yourself to it's uglyness.

Composite has dot crawl -

Crawl.jpg

RGB scart gives absolutely perfect solid picture and colour.

Just make sure you buy an RGB scart cable (some scart cables are 'pretend' RGB and only support composite) and that you plug it into the RGB scart socket on your tv (most have two but only one support RGB..if you plug it into the wrong one you'll only see ugly composite)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement