Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

o1s1n wrote: »
    Anyone else hear that RE Revelations and the 3DS attachment costs €65 in total in Gamestop?

Thank feck I got them together from Zavvi. Was about half the price!

Well, they are selling the game alone for 40 in Smyths, which isn't too bad.
    The add on should only be around 15 when launched and I'm in no rush for it (ah, who am I kidding, I should never have cancelled my pre-order, getting them both for less that €40!! :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 34,698 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Well, they are selling the game alone for 40 in Smyths, which isn't too bad.
    The add on should only be around 15 when launched and I'm in no rush for it (ah, who am I kidding, I should never have cancelled my pre-order, getting them both for less that €40!! :( )

Ah no! Shame you did that! I doubt it'll be anywhere near that cheap again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Hahaha... Check out original box art accurate Megaman:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Crazy ranty sequel man has a point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

DinoRex wrote: »
    Hahaha... Check out original box art accurate Megaman:

Im more scared of PacMan in a robot mokujin suit O_o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,870 ✭✭✭Steve X2

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

If they wrapped one of those VGA boxes around the glue homer head it'd be worth even more!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Steve SI wrote: »

Eh, is that real? People have to be taking the piss outta him!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭Doge

After all the lego posts, I somehow managed to stumble upon the strangest lego video I have ever seen...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Played the PS Vita earlier in Game, I needed clean undies after it.
    What a console, controls are pretty good the thumb sticks feel quality the screen is beautiful and the boxes off the games are awesome.

One issue though is load times, I was playing little deviants, not overly pushing graphics power and it took ages (measuered with a calander) to load the game, other than that the device is totally amazeballs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,870 ✭✭✭Steve X2

pdbhp wrote: »
    What a console, controls are pretty good the thumb sticks feel quality the screen is beautiful and the boxes off the games are awesome.

One issue though is load times, I was playing little deviants, not overly pushing graphics power and it took ages (measuered with a calander) to load the game, other than that the device is totally amazeballs!!

It's really nice isnt it and the game cases are so cool. I bought one while over in Japanoland in December.

Do they have a release date over here yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

pdbhp wrote: »

Wow, & they said the new proprietary memory format had lighting fast read/write speeds :rolleyes:

Steve SI wrote: »
    It's really nice isnt it and the game cases are so cool. I bought one while over in Japanoland in December.

Do they have a release date over here yet?

22nd Feb so they told me.
    The game cases are amazing I bet bluray cases are jelous right now:pac:
    EnterNow wrote: »
    Wow, & they said the new proprietary memory format had lighting fast read/write speeds :rolleyes:

They lied!!
    Seriously the game took over 30 seconds to load and it wasn't sucking the power dry as it isn't a power vampire of a game

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I fear for the Uncharted game on it then. Uncharted 3 has the longest load times since the ZX Spectrum.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I thought the original psp was quite bad for load times as it is.

Master of the Universe

Something which has been driving me mad for years.

I know MAME buttons can be remapped, but why are the default ones ctrl+alt?

A combination of those two buttons and an arrow key roates the display!

Well if you buy uncharted now and start loading today it should be loaded in time for the Vita launch.

Other issues with the design, the PS home button is directly under the left analogue stick dying to be pressed by accident and the start/select buttons are likewise directly under the right analogue stick.
    Rear touch pad is kinda difficult to use, though for games that solely use it are not too bad but if combined with using the analogue sticks and face buttons it's tricky to use.

Good points are the touch screen, very precise. looks extremly sexy aswell.

All in all it's fantastic but it's like a magnet for finger prints and will need to be wiped down every few seconds.

Something which has been driving me mad for years.

I know MAME buttons can be remapped, but why are the default ones ctrl+alt?

A combination of those two buttons and an arrow key roates the display!

Oh I know that headache! I think you can disable the rotation thing in windows though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,298 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I fear for the Uncharted game on it then. Uncharted 3 has the longest load times since the ZX Spectrum.

The words of someone who has never played Ys 6 on the PSP.

There's nothing worse than a game that has to load for five to ten seconds when you walk into a very small building in the hub village :(

• Advertisement

I played Monkey Island 2 on the Amiga. Everything else is a luxury after that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,298 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The Duke Nukem Forever loading music would also drive the strongest of men insane. Especially when it leads to nothing but a brickwall of pitiful mediocrity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

My pot of Vita admiration has had the heat reduced from a boiling harem of love to a mere simmer at present.

Was going to be a day one for me, not so much now. I'm going to wait it out and see what happens in Japan first I think. It's popularity has waned incredibly quickly.

Master of the Universe

Pyongyang wrote: »
    My pot of Vita admiration has had the heat reduced from a boiling harem of love to a mere simmer at present.

Was going to be a day one for me, not so much now. I'm going to wait it out and see what happens in Japan first I think. It's popularity has waned incredibly quickly.

Oh yeah? Probably due to the lack of 3D ;)

Still absolutely lovin' my 3DS. Should hopefully have Resi Revelations on monday. Can't wait to give that one a go.

Oh yeah? Probably due to the lack of 3D ;)

Still absolutely lovin' my 3DS. Should hopefully have Resi Revelations on monday. Can't wait to give that one a go.

Was showing the guys your 3DS mail in the studio earlier today when we were recording the podcast. Nice Sonic.

Master of the Universe

DinoRex wrote: »
    Was showing the guys your 3DS mail in the studio earlier today when we were recording the podcast. Nice Sonic.

Hadn't a notion what you were talking about when I read that first. Had to reread it a couple of times :D

Cheers man :) I only figured out you could do 3D pictures after drawing that. If I'd known I would have had some of it popping out of the screen.

Cheers man :) I only figured out you could do 3D pictures after drawing that. If I'd known I would have had some of it popping out of the screen.

I eagerly await penis illustrations now!

Master of the Universe

You mean you didn't get my previous ones? Sorry about that. Must have sent them all to Atavan.

It's not grooming if they're only drawings, right?

Master of the Universe

Reminded me of a videogame for some reason. Kinda scary that it's real. A time lapse of the location of every nuclear device ever detonated around the globe.

Just wait until it kicks off at the start of the 50. Feckin Americans and Russians are insane.

• Advertisement

Reminds me of this video game:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement