Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DOTA II Trailer

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

HHAAA

Storm Spirit Pickup

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

lol, also why ban tide :(

i want to see more puck and DK ffs

lmao at mexican storm

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

These commentators want me to remove my ears. Anyone have a alternative stream minus the commentators?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

for people who have played a lot of hon and dota, what would you say the gameplay differences are, i cant really say fairly as ive only played about 20 hon games

also i dont think it is as balanced is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

for people who have played a lot of hon and dota, what would you say the gameplay differences are, i cant really say fairly as ive only played about 20 hon games

also i dont think it is as balanced is it?

With all due respect there is absolutely no way anyone can answer that after watching a hand full of games over a stream!! :pac:

Long time HoN player but never played Dota and i'm surprised at just how much like HoN it actually is but obviously that's more a case of HoN copying dota initially.

I'm actually happy about this as it seems it will be pick up and play from the go and it should amount to a mixture of both the oldschool dota and hon communities coming together (although I don't know if that's a good thing tbh).

• Advertisement

haha sorry, I meant is hon as balanced as dota 1 and what are the differences in gameplay between those.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Valve are making this game are they not ?
    It's guaranteed success !

They are the best and most community friendly publishers I can think of . Everything they do is Gold !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

haha sorry, I meant is hon as balanced as dota 1 and what are the differences in gameplay between those.

Ah ok sorry probably misinterpretation on my part!!

Well i've never played Dota as I mentioned so can't comment on that but most of hons hero's are taken from dota and slightly tweaked. Most of the older hero's are very well balanced but they are now at a point where they are releasing 1 or 2 hero's every 2 to 3 weeks and alot of them are very overpowered but S2 do listen to the community and make changes where neccessary although they can be slow to do them.

For example in competitive play alot of new hero's are auto banned due to these reasons!!

With Dota 2 and Valve's track record I expect them to listen strongly to the community and work with high tier teams and players to balance when needed and do it in a timely manner!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

regarding the balance:
    bought hon for about 2 months now (300+ games i guess, at about 1670mmr mostly solo queue), i am pretty confident to say that HoN is a broken game :pac: i dislike so many things of the game and especially when you look at how op of their own heroes. i actually try to avoid to play dota-ported heroes as much as possible as they are so much weaker than s2's. unless maybe some buffed dota-ported heroes like Tor or hag. and s2 even messing with the map by giving sentinel 2 ramps at the right side. still playable tho. lucky dota2 is just around the corner :D

more dota2 vods are uploading on the site and cant wait for day2 matches!

I want to see some Razor and Sand King today

Oh it just started

• Advertisement

GO_Bear wrote: »
    I want to see some Razor and Sand King today

Oh it just started

both are in this last match!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

So Newell says he doesn't see this launching until 2012. Although the invite beta should get underway after Gamescom.

yeah only 46 heroes are in this tournament, lots of work to do. like 62 more heroes for launch

The more I watch the better it looks to be honest, some very good games, the first day had a lot of chinese teams which really really do the hard carry farming line up.

Funny how Pestilence is never picked up in HoN any more and Sladar has been picked up 6 times so far with 6 wins

New HoN patch, keeper nerf

and now you always start with a courier, even i nnormal mode, also couriers cannot refil bottles ... Yep DoTA 2 will crush s2 ;o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

GO_Bear wrote: »
    New HoN patch, keeper nerf

and now you always start with a courier, even i nnormal mode, also couriers cannot refil bottles ... Yep DoTA 2 will crush s2 ;o

i had a game yesterday where my team had 3 couriers because people wouldnt share and were "trolling" and QQing about being bad

Just got back from my trip and watched the finals,
    well done
    Na'Vi
    for beating
    Ehome ( the team that gave us the horrible farmfest first match )

Loved the pudge pick in the first game !

Bring on the Beta !

love when everybody cheered for pudge when he was picked :D

few weeks til beta!

Have they confirmed the open beta date ?

• Advertisement

nah dot think so, the closed one that you had to sign up for should be in 3 weeks or less.

nah dot think so, the closed one that you had to sign up for should be in 3 weeks or less.

Sweet beans, I better get emailed about it 8-|

hope one of the two accounts I used does :p

Advertisement