Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DOTA II Trailer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Screenshots:

Qzr0h.jpg

HmGn4.jpg

AtS3m.png

64xi0.png

XmanI.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

great trailer, cant wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

Traxx farming the woods :P
    Axe vs Bloodseeker ( Then Sven (right) , Earthshaker and Anti mage blink in )
    Storm vs Void
    Razor vs Night Stalker
    Pudge failing a hook against Sand King
    Crystal Maiden vs Lina Inverse
    Viper swoops in and fights Dragon Knight Davion

Very impressive cinematic as would be expected from Valve however it does not reflect gameplay at all :P where was the laning phase ?!?!

I also seen in the screenies that there is static attack damage, not a range (i.e 45-56) like in HoN, I liked the RNG it was normally nice to me ! :3

• Registered Users Posts: 15,296 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Looks awesome :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

cool trailer.

thought still 5 millions years till release :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

They still seem to be aiming for 2011, not long left in that!

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I don't get these games. HoN, LoL and Dota. Can someone explain to me the appeal? I'm not trolling here, genuinely curious

Grimebox wrote: »
    I don't get these games. HoN, LoL and Dota. Can someone explain to me the appeal? I'm not trolling here, genuinely curious

They are a genre called MOBA or Multiplayer Online battle arena,

There normally is a lag list of charecters to chose from all with different abilites, and you play against other teams i.e 1v1, 3v3, 5v5.

You kill enemy NPCs for experience and gold, get items level up and try yo push into your enemies base.

Simple concept, with outstanding layers of complexity when you take into consideration the ammount of items, and for example DoTA 108 different heroes.

No game is ever the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Meirleach

http://www.dota2.com/tournaments/international/

Stream of the first match of the international is starting, you've just about missed picking... if you get in now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Dota 2 looks pretty dissapointing tbh.

Its Dota. With better graphics.

There doesnt seem to be any of the extra gameplay elements that hon and more particularly lol introduced.

I guess since its free its worth a try but with all the development time, some new twist would have been nice.

Dustaz wrote: »
    Its Dota. With better graphics.

Thats what a lot of people want ....

I have no doubt that along with the classic map, Valve will have something else in store, TF2 being a good example with 2fort being remade perfectly and then their own maps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

holy fukk is there no english commentators for the DoTA 2 tournament ?!?!?!?

There was, it went offline about now appears that they are having problems, Its quite a passive game anyways with a spectre team :3

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Meirleach

GO_Bear wrote: »
    There was, it went offline about now appears that they are having problems, Its quite a passive game anyways with a spectre team :3

It's being going up and down, seems to have to stabilized a little now though. I gotta say I found most of the lol dreamhack games more fun to watch than this one, so passive.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

spectre 8k gold :S

no commentators, lagging out, stream down.

this is fail

Meirleach wrote: »
    It's being going up and down, seems to have to stabilized a little now though. I gotta say I found most of the lol dreamhack games more fun to watch than this one, so passive.

Aye, HoN forums have gone from "Can't wait for S2 to DIE with DoTA2" too, "DoTA2 looks kind of disappointing"

I quite liked it, might be better if the next match does not have such a hard carry in it. Loved Clockwerk !

The reason i moved from DoTA to HoN was to play essentially the same game with updated graphics, leaver protection, stat recording etc etc.

It seems a move from HoN to DoTA 2 wouldnt really be worth it.

• Advertisement

It appears the camera man has fallen asleep

even with this poor showing of a stream i can see the game is what I wanted from it, and as valve are a great development and innovation team I would expect good things in the future. it is way easier to see what is going on in this than the others I think

love the popup scoreboard

even with this poor showing of a stream i can see the game is what I wanted from it, and as valve are a great development and innovation team I would expect good things in the future. it is way easier to see what is going on in this than the others I think

love the popup scoreboard

THEY HAVE to limit buy backs like in HoN, otherwise this 80 minute snooze fest will happen. Although the Chinese teams are "known for their ricing"

I lost count how many times Spectre bought back now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I wanted to watch a bit with the english commentators, hoping for an explanation or introduction as to what was happening a complete outside to this genre. But not the case.

I dunno if anyone else here is like me, but I've never played any of these types of games, so I don't really know what is going on. There isn't much of a gentle entrace barrier, it seems to be hardcore players that are mainly into these games...as anything I've read on Dota or LoL or HoN .(which i assume are similar types )....are all hardcore, and where new people are just abused.

I was thinking / probably still will of getting this, as I tend to get every major release. But I can't follow what is happening at all in these streams.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I wanted to watch a bit with the english commentators, hoping for an explanation or introduction as to what was happening a complete outside to this genre. But not the case.

I dunno if anyone else here is like me, but I've never played any of these types of games, so I don't really know what is going on. There isn't much of a gentle entrace barrier, it seems to be hardcore players that are mainly into these games...as anything I've read on Dota or LoL or HoN .(which i assume are similar types )....are all hardcore, and where new people are just abused.

I was thinking / probably still will of getting this, as I tend to get every major release. But I can't follow what is happening at all in these streams.

Yeah, its pretty ****ing retarded without a commentator.

I remember watching the HonCast games and the commentators there would explain what the situation was pretty well, even if you didnt know much about all the items and heros.

SeantheMan wrote: »

Your watching competitive level play in these streams, of course they are not going to be beginner friendly. Although I think this match is doing more bad than good for DoTA2, with the lag issues and commentator disconnection.

If you want to start these type of games, and I cannot believe I am saying this ( I play HoN ) I would really recommend playing LoL first, its free and definitely easier to learn ( bots etc ), but LoL is quite different to HoN and DoTA, its just easier to start fresh

Second game started

Team 1
    Team 2
    Vengeful spirit ( Andromeda )
    Magina ( Magebane )
    PoTM ( Valkyrie )
    Earthshaker ( Behemoth )
    Weaver
    VS
    Beastmaster ( Tundra ) woot woot !
    Leshrac ( Torturer )
    Lion ( Witch Slayer )
    Tidehunter ( Kraken )
    Lich ( Plague Rider )

This game should be alot better only hard carry is Anti Mage

Firstblood to Tidehunter !

2 nil before minute 3 , I knew it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

The most boring MOBA iv seen in a long while.

Advertisement