Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Def Leppard, Motley Crue & Steel Panther Planning Joint UK Winter Tour?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Coburger wrote: »
    I know it's going back a while but does anyone have a set list of the Crue for their shows supporting DL.

It was a little more varied than 2010, at least at Sonisphere, during that gig the newest song was from 1989!

For me, seeing them in Manchester and Sheffield, it was....

Wild Side
    Saints of Los Angeles
    Live Wire
    Shout at the Devil
    Same Ol' Situation (S.O.S.)
    Primal Scream
    Home Sweet Home
    (Tommy speech and extended piano intro)
    Looks That Kill
    Drum Solo
    Guitar Solo
    Dr. Feelgood
    Happy Birthday
    (Mildred J. Hill cover) (to Nikki Sixx)
    Muther****er of the Year
    Girls, Girls, Girls
    Smokin' In The Boys Room
    (Brownsville Station cover)

Encore:
    Kickstart My Heart

In Sheffield they played the same set list but dropped Happy Birthday
    Can anyone else see the Crue putting out another album? Have they just become a Greatest Hits live band??

I would like to argue the point with you, but I can't, at 60 Mick Mars is still lucky to be out of a wheelchair given his medical problems. Mars might help the band write another album, I see him and Nikki as their main songwriting duo (Nikki more so as Mars is wheeled from performance to performance), with a different touring line up.

It wouldn't surprise me, within 10 years, to see perhaps Nikki and Vince (or Nikki and Tommy) continue a kind of KISS touring act with Motley Crue while the original members perform on an album. But any album (especially after what happened with Saints of Los Angeles) is not going to be a real Crue album written, produced and performed by the band

FYI, Crue didn't write Saints of Los Angeles, just Nikki and the rest of Sixx AM - probably, as Nikki see's it, the evolution of Motley Crue (and how I'm, sadly, starting to see it)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

Vince Neil says he's thinking of leaving the Crue after the Las Vegas gigs.
    Might just be a ploy to sell more tickets but if there's no more Vince there'll be no more Crue I'd wager. :(

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/vince-neil-i-might-quit-crue/

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Coburger

It was a little more varied than 2010, at least at Sonisphere, during that gig the newest song was from 1989!

For me, seeing them in Manchester and Sheffield, it was....

Wild Side
    Saints of Los Angeles
    Live Wire
    Shout at the Devil
    Same Ol' Situation (S.O.S.)
    Primal Scream
    Home Sweet Home
    (Tommy speech and extended piano intro)
    Looks That Kill
    Drum Solo
    Guitar Solo
    Dr. Feelgood
    Happy Birthday
    (Mildred J. Hill cover) (to Nikki Sixx)
    Muther****er of the Year
    Girls, Girls, Girls
    Smokin' In The Boys Room
    (Brownsville Station cover)

Encore:
    Kickstart My Heart

In Sheffield they played the same set list but dropped Happy Birthday

I would like to argue the point with you, but I can't, at 60 Mick Mars is still lucky to be out of a wheelchair given his medical problems. Mars might help the band write another album, I see him and Nikki as their main songwriting duo (Nikki more so as Mars is wheeled from performance to performance), with a different touring line up.

It wouldn't surprise me, within 10 years, to see perhaps Nikki and Vince (or Nikki and Tommy) continue a kind of KISS touring act with Motley Crue while the original members perform on an album. But any album (especially after what happened with Saints of Los Angeles) is not going to be a real Crue album written, produced and performed by the band

FYI, Crue didn't write Saints of Los Angeles, just Nikki and the rest of Sixx AM - probably, as Nikki see's it, the evolution of Motley Crue (and how I'm, sadly, starting to see it)

Yeah, I thought it was a shame that there wasn't more band input into the last album. It had its moments but it was a bit cliche, song writing being a bit lazy.

P.S. Anyone here think that Corabi was the man? (suppose I'm going way off the original post here). The 94 album wasn't a Crue sound but I still think it was a great album.

P.S. Anyone here think that Corabi was the man? (suppose I'm going way off the original post here). The 94 album wasn't a Crue sound but I still think it was a great album.

I'll go on record to say if Neil steps out of Crue then I'd happily welcome Corbai back, he wasn't too bad at the old material either - shame there isn't any material released from that time, pro shot stuff anyway (other than some rehearsal schedules)

This is the guys playing Dr Feelgood with John in 1994

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

DUBACC wrote: »
    Was over at the Manchester gig on Sunday myself too. Have to agree with some of the comments above. Motley Crue were very good - first time id managed to get to see them and was impressed. In fairness they seemed a class above Leppard. Ive seen DL afew times now and each time they get more and more flat - i think that's it for me now. The atmosphere was pretty dead during their set too but i think that may also have something to do with the two previous bands being so good.

Speaking of which - Steel Panther is my new favourite band! Never laughed so much at a gig in my life. Real breath of fresh air in an industry where too many bands take themselves far too seriously! :D

Was at the Wembley gig and agree with what you say above.

Steel Panther were fun to watch. The jokes in between songs really got the crowd warmed up, and their stage presence is fantastic.

Motley Crue were great too, I was so excited to see Tommy's drum solo! They have so much energy and the atmosphere in the arena during their set was brilliant.

Def Leppard were OK, but I felt they showed their age. They didn't do anything wrong but it just seemed like they were going through the motions. I had to leave before the end, but wasn't too bothered about it.

• Advertisement

If Neil left I could never see Corabi going back (would love to see it). The closest I think they came to working together (Sixx and Corabi) may have been the Brides of Destruction first album where I think Corabi would have made a much better singer.

I saw Corabi a couple of years ago in Pamplona in Madrid playing as ESP and I asked him what will ever happen to all of the Personality # 9 material and he said that it was up to Sixx.

I believe that there is a bootleg out there somewhere called Revolution Crue (I think it's titled this) of them playing in Japan. I've heard them do Same Old Situation and there's a real Zeppelin vibe. A real shame they never released some more material.

Does anyone know if there are any demos from the Personality # 9 / Generation Swine period floating about.

P.S. If any Corabi fans out there check out an album called Voodooland by Karl Cochran. Corabi sings around 7 or 8 songs on it.

If Neil left I could never see Corabi going back (would love to see it). The closest I think they came to working together (Sixx and Corabi) may have been the Brides of Destruction first album where I think Corabi would have made a much better singer.

Funny enough, he has just done an interview (this month) with a website called Metal Rules and he said some interesting things
    No. You see, I don't have an issue with Nikki [Sixx], I don't have an issue with Tommy [Lee], I tried calling them a few times before the tour started. You know they did 'The Dirt' [book] and I did some interviews for 'The Dirt' and Tommy did a book and I did some interviews for his book. And you know I called them and just wanted to congratulate them and say, 'Good luck on the tour. I hope there's no fighting and you can get throught it.' just small talk you know. Those guys, it's funny man, they have a tendency, if you're in the circle, everything is great, if you're outside of the circle, there no thought there. So I called once, I called twice, I called three times, and no return call. I won't go to the tour, my girlfriend wanted to go so I made arrangements and I got her a ticket but said I'm not going. She wanted me to go, it's probably pride on my part, but I just felt like if I would have showed up or went backstage or something like that, it would have been like a dog hanging around a table for scraps, it would have appeared that way. Now Nikki's started emailing Bruce [Kulick] saying, 'Tell Corabi I'm sorry about the BRIDES and he was right about everything.' So there's communication there, but not directly, I've left my number with them a few times, so if they want to call me they'll call, no big deal."

And then there's an interesting quote about royalties
    "I'm actually checking into that right now. You see, I actually signed a publishing deal when I joined the band, so this record company gave me an advance years ago and since I've left the band I haven't received anything from the record company, so I don't know if MÖTLEY send them the money and they've just kept it or if MÖTLEY is not sending the money, I don't know, I haven't received anything from anybody, so my manager is actually checking into it, because I just realized that there was the record that I did, well there was three records that I was involved with: 'Mötley Crüe', 'Quarternary' and 'Generation Swine', and those three records have been re-realesed a couple of different times on different labels, and then there's all these little compilation records like 'Supersonic and Demonic Relics', there's a video thing called 'Mötley Crüe Greatest Video Hits' that I have three songs on, there's the new one 'Red,White and Crüe', then there's another one that was released only in Europe called 'Loud as ****'. I'm on that and the DVD, I didn't even knew about these. So my manager contacted the record company that gave me the advance and said, 'What's the deal? Why isn't John getting any statements?' So there is maybe some money, somewhere in the pipeline for me, but I don't worry about it."

And then there is a little more about Brides of Destruction
    "To be perfectly honest with you, I get along with Nikki [Sixx] splendidly, but when I left the band I told Nikki that there was gonna be some egos involved, I don't wanna say who, but I just said there's a member in this band that I just do not get along with, that I do not write well with. First of all they basically told me that they don't need me to write at all, so I was like I'm not into that situation, and I told Nikki, 'Dude, I love you to death. I known that you and I can write a great record and so I'm out.' And as it turned out he just sent Bruce [Kulick] an email like a week ago and said, 'Tell Corabi I'm really sorry about the BRIDES OF DESTRUCTION thing and he was right.' Because Nikki is having an issue now with the person that I was having an issue with… So we'll just leave it at that."

Corbai also a brilliant version of Home Sweet Home

Does anyone know if there are any demos from the Personality # 9 / Generation Swine period floating about.

I'm nearly sure I heard Corbai's version of Afraid a few years ago

When you read the Dirt it's clear that Sixx wanted Corbai to remain. Mick Mars said it was such a relief to have someone to share guitar duties with. They would have kept him on as a fifth guitarist but it killed Neil so much that he wrote into his contract with the lawyers that he wouldn't return unless Corbai was gone.

He wrote a great song on Generation Swine called Flush, sadly he never got to sing it, but hopefully he will make money from it.

Funny enough, he has just done an interview (this month) with a website called Metal Rules and he said some interesting things

And then there's an interesting quote about royalties

And then there is a little more about Brides of Destruction

Corbai also a brilliant version of Home Sweet Home

I'm nearly sure I heard Corbai's version of Afraid a few years ago

When you read the Dirt it's clear that Sixx wanted Corbai to remain. Mick Mars said it was such a relief to have someone to share guitar duties with. They would have kept him on as a fifth guitarist but it killed Neil so much that he wrote into his contract with the lawyers that he wouldn't return unless Corbai was gone.

He wrote a great song on Generation Swine called Flush, sadly he never got to sing it, but hopefully he will make money from it.

Hey, if you look about on youtube.com there's a demo of Corabi singing Let Us Prey which is not bad.

Thanks for the Corabi interview pieces above.

More words from John last night in America on Motley Crue, maybe he's found out where his money went
    "I can honestly say, that barring the second coming of Christ, MÖTLEY has NO intentions of EVER asking me back, nor would I go back, if they did ask...What's done is done!!!! I love those guys, and wish them the best, but I'm looking towards the future with my new record, and band."

This was in response to an interview in which Vince Neil said
    Neil told the Las Vegas Sun that he is seriously contemplating a split from MÖTLEY CRÜE after their run of concerts at the Joint in the Hard Rock Hotel from February 3 to February 19, 2012. "It's not definite, but I am thinking seriously about it," Neil said, before adding, "This is all about me thinking about the second half of my life, thinking about my future, and that future might not include MÖTLEY CRÜE after Vegas.

Advertisement