Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Def Leppard, Motley Crue & Steel Panther Planning Joint UK Winter Tour?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

This is starting to look promising

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

This is starting to look promising

How?? Just cos Steel Panther announce a Londinium show???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

scudzilla wrote: »

The electric ballroom is not a venue for a gig containing those 3 either.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Because the new album is going to be called 'Balls Out'!:pac::pac:

Because an American band are travelling to London to play a one off show, and these headline dates usually lead to something else or usually clash with said band performing as openers on a tour elsewhere. It's still a long way to come, if you're performing the following Monday in LA, just for one show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Pity there will be no irish date :mad:

Fuuuucccckkkk this is gonna be amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Hmmmm, article removed?

blastman wrote: »
    Hmmmm, article removed?

Don't worry, the dates are still very real, Kerrang Radio were giving away tickets for the tour on their station this morning - tickets will actually be on sale at somestage next week, but no official price yet, believed to be around £35 and quite reasonable considering....you can expect an announcement after the UK holiday tomorrow

Members of Def Leppard have already informally confirmed this

http://tffm.tv/blog/?p=728
    December 2011

Dec 6th – Birmingham, LG Arena
    Dec 8th – Nottingham, Echo Arena
    Dec 9th – Glasgow, SECC
    Dec 11th – MEN Manchester Arena
    Dec 13th – Sheffield, Motorpoint Arena
    Dec 14th – London, Wembley Arena

• Advertisement

I went to get tickets for this yesterday and Ticketmaster were telling me Manchester and Glasgow had no standing at 9.01 - didn't check seated, ended up getting a standing ticket in Sheffield, but from the look of the ticket selection page a massive amount of seats and tickets had been sold there as well. I think this tour has done really really well and could be, if not already, sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭rednik

Live nation are promoting this tour and they have a big investment in the 02 Dublin so why don't they put on a show here. I know leppard played here a few months ago which I was at, I still reckon with the three bands playing it would get a good crowd.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

I got my ticket for the Wembley gig on Thursday, it was a presale day. I think they went on sale officially yesterday.

rednik wrote: »
    Live nation are promoting this tour and they have a big investment in the 02 Dublin so why don't they put on a show here. I know leppard played here a few months ago which I was at, I still reckon with the three bands playing it would get a good crowd.

They won't play there because Motley Crue have never, for some stupid reason will not, perform a show in the Irish Republic. The band even came as far as Belfast in the mid 80s but never went to Dublin then either.

As a point of note, Nikki cancelled the only Irish date Brides of Destruction were ever scheduled to play, and Tommy cancelled his Dublin DJ set a few years ago (with little to no reason)

I think I'm correct in saying that no member of Motley Crue has ever performed, in any capacity, in Southern Ireland - maybe one of them has an outstanding warrant or something???

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭mariannewims

Hi guys,

Just posting this on the off-chance that someone on here might have tickets for sale. I'm looking for 2 standing tickets for some friends who really want to go but missed buying tickets when they came out first.
    They'll only pay face value but please pm if you can help!

Cheers,
    Mar.

Just posting this on the off-chance that someone on here might have tickets for sale. I'm looking for 2 standing tickets for some friends who really want to go but missed buying tickets when they came out first.

Im off to the Sheffield gig myself, but no spare tickets I'm afraid, I'm not suprised (but yet I guess I am if I'm posting) to find out they're all sold out. I'll keep an ear out - which date do you want to see?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

im off to birmingham on the 6th of december(my birthday) cant wait ryanair flights only 25.68 return no taxes or charges,by the looks of it you can buy tickets via the livenation website seen it the other day when checking for one of the lads best of luck in your seach cant wait to see the crue and steel panther!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭mariannewims

Originally Posted by mariannewims

Im off to the Sheffield gig myself, but no spare tickets I'm afraid, I'm not suprised (but yet I guess I am if I'm posting) to find out they're all sold out. I'll keep an ear out - which date do you want to see?
    im off to birmingham on the 6th of december(my birthday) cant wait ryanair flights only 25.68 return no taxes or charges,by the looks of it you can buy tickets via the livenation website seen it the other day when checking for one of the lads best of luck in your seach cant wait to see the crue and steel panther

Thanks for your replies guys!
    It's the Wembley show, December 14th, that I need 2 tickets for.
    Livenation and Ticketmaster have some seating tickets left but my friends really want standing tickets so they can rock out with the rest of us :)
    Luckily enough I got in there early and have my ticket.

If anyone else has tickets for sale or can point me in the direction of some at face-value or close enough, please let me know!
    Cheers,
    Mar.

• Advertisement

In a recent interview with the spandex-loving foursome, drummer Stix Zadinia told Stereoboard that the band plan to embark on a full European headline tour in March next year.

“We are going to Australia in February for Soundwave Festival, but then the fans can expect a European tour in March. We should be starting in Norway, coming down all the way through Europe then ending up the in UK. That will be a headlining tour, so definitely one to check out.

Hopefully we’ll be back for festivals, but I don’t know which ones. We’re actually starting to write for the next record and this one’s not even out. We don’t want another two years; we want a year and a half.”

http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/168496/9

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

So did anyone make the trip?
    Went to the Manchester show, Steel Panther were great, filthy and hilarious!
    The Crue were just fantastic (saw them once before in 1985)
    The rollercoaster was amazing, loved every second of the show.
    Def Leppard? :rolleyes:
    No comparison, left during the second song.
    Crue shoulda been headliners.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭thecornflake

furiousox wrote: »
    So did anyone make the trip?
    Went to the Manchester show, Steel Panther were great, filthy and hilarious!
    The Crue were just fantastic (saw them once before in 1985)
    The rollercoaster was amazing, loved every second of the show.
    Def Leppard? :rolleyes:
    No comparison, left during the second song.
    Crue shoulda been headliners.

Def Leppard were dire. I couldn't get over how bad they sounded. Motley Crue and Steel Panther were amazing. Panther really got the audience going and was interacting with them really well.

Def Leppard were dire. I couldn't get over how bad they sounded. Motley Crue and Steel Panther were amazing. Panther really got the audience going and was interacting with them really well.

Was in Manchester and Sheffield. No, Crue was too short, and I don't know what Def Leppard were playing out. Even over the two nights there wasn't much improvement from DL.

I've seen Joe solo before, but never Def Leppard, and as a big fan I was very disappointed...and very worried...about the band's technical ability and their performance.

Joe was much MUCH better with the Down N' Outz, maybe (sadly) Leppard have run their course....

• Registered Users Posts: 37,804 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Its a pity we mite never get to see Motley Crue Live here in Ireland.

I loved Def Leppard at the o2 earlier this year but reading up on the performances of this tour, is it time for Def Leppard to go there seperate ways ???

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I loved Def Leppard at the o2 earlier this year but reading up on the performances of this tour, is it time for Def Leppard to go there seperate ways ???

Instinctively, no
    Realistically, probably
    In all actuality, they might make that decision for us anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭Sunset V

Was in Manchester myself, went over just to see Crue really. Steel Panther were amazing. My brother was with me and he saw them in LA two years ago and said they're just as awesome.

I left at end of Crue, cannot abide Leppard. I have to say that I was a little underwhelmed by Crue. I saw them on their reunion tour in Cardiff in 05 and they seemed flat in Manchester. 6 years ago was about the buzz of getting back together despite everything that had been said but Sunday, to me, was just a band going through the motions and waiting for the paycheck. The same intensity isn't there and I was disappointed. Saying that 05 was immense so it would've been hard to replicate that. All in all, Panther immense, Crue good but I think they're a little stale.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭DUBACC

Was over at the Manchester gig on Sunday myself too. Have to agree with some of the comments above. Motley Crue were very good - first time id managed to get to see them and was impressed. In fairness they seemed a class above Leppard. Ive seen DL afew times now and each time they get more and more flat - i think that's it for me now. The atmosphere was pretty dead during their set too but i think that may also have something to do with the two previous bands being so good.

Speaking of which - Steel Panther is my new favourite band! Never laughed so much at a gig in my life. Real breath of fresh air in an industry where too many bands take themselves far too seriously! :D

Im just really hoping Steel Panther decide to pop over here soon for a gig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Coburger

I know it's going back a while but does anyone have a set list of the Crue for their shows supporting DL.

Can anyone else see the Crue putting out another album? Have they just become a Greatest Hits live band??

Advertisement