Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Def Leppard, Motley Crue & Steel Panther Planning Joint UK Winter Tour?

Options
  • 15-08-2011 4:06pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It's the tour that rock fans have been waiting for! Def Leppard, Motley Crue and Steel Panther could be on their way to UK venues this Winter, with a co-headline tour possibly in the pipeline for December.

The mouthwatering prospect was talked about on Rock Radio this morning, with the radio station revealing that more details were to follow. Although this was all that was said, the news has sent fans into a frenzy looking for more information on what would be one of the biggest rock tours of the year.

The last twelve months have seen all three bands busy with touring and recording and a UK tour from each has been rumoured for a while. Def Leppard recently released their first ever live album 'Mirror Ball' and played a storming headline set at June's UK Download festival, Motley Crue have been busy touring the US with Poison and Steel Panther have been working on a new studio album. So all three bands have good reason to hit the UK live stage soon!

Check back to Stereoboard for more details on the tour as soon as they are revealed.

http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/167204/9

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Def Leppard the cancer of a good lineup. Oh and the rest. Not my bag at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

steady on with the cancer comment there Mr grin:eek:

is it too much to ask that the crue finally play dublin?????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Since Def Leppard have already played here this year I really hope Steel Panther pop over the water for a headline gig. Maybe in The Academy? That would be sweet.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea with DF only playing a few months ago it looks like it wont happen , but ive been dying to see Motley for years and really wanna see Steel Panther.

I found this on DME Facebook
    New show announcement coming this Wednesday (17th). One for fans of classic rock and the like...

Would love if it was these guys

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Oh my God! That is all.

If this happens I will die happy....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Arrive for Steel Panther,hit the bar and get a few scoops in.

Motley hit the stage,go mad and rock the **** out.

Leppard arrive on stage,head for the exit and into town for more scoops.:)

I'd say at most you'd get Mötley Crüe in The Olympia with Steel Panther supporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

I'd say at most you'd get Mötley Crüe in The Olympia with Steel Panther supporting.

That would do nicely!

Id be extremely happy with that , but chances are slim Motley will even pop over here

Id be extremely happy with that , but chances are slim Motley will even pop over here

Why? I'm guessing the usual lack-of-an-adequate-venue reason?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

i dunno about the olympia, i think they could do the o2.

you have several generations of fans and with the right media coverage they would surely sell as much as leppard and alice did!!!!

maybe thats wishful thinking, if they base it solely on sales then they won't bother.

still i cannot see Kiss having sold many records here over the years yet they played the o2?

I would think Kiss are much bigger than Crüe tbh. Definitely couldn't see Crüe headline the O2 unless it was a co-headline with another big draw and some decent support.

All of you can stop saying no, I believe the Crue are on their way!

I hope you are right :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Like 2006!:pac::pac:

lord lucan wrote: »
    Like 2006!:pac::pac:

I believed in their message, I believed they'd come

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Sorry lads, according to the DME facebook page, it's the Quireboys (Nov 27th, Whelans).

• Registered Users Posts: 37,804 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

mcd had there chance to bring Motley to ireland last year to support Iron Maiden in the 02 in July 2009 but no they went for Sweet Savage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

In fairness, thats not strictly true!

Ronnie James Dio's death, and the cancellation of Heaven & Hell's tour kinda messed up the bill a little :(

blastman wrote: »
    Sorry lads, according to the DME facebook page, it's the Quireboys (Nov 27th, Whelans).

So it's Def Leppard, Motley Crue and Quireboys (I guess that makes sense given Joe's recent stuff with them in Down N' Outz but I would have preferred Steel Panther)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

blastman wrote: »
    So it's Def Leppard, Motley Crue and Quireboys (I guess that makes sense given Joe's recent stuff with them in Down N' Outz but I would have preferred Steel Panther)

Leppard, Crue & Quireboys at Whelans :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

scudzilla wrote: »

OK, THAT would make me return to Dublin....:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

I'd still see it struggle to sell out :P

RayCon wrote: »
    I'd still see it struggle to sell out :P

Nah, Crue would buy all the tickets and just stand in front of the stage pissing himself!! :P

Nah, Crue would buy all the tickets and just stand in front of the stage pissing himself!! :P

No, I'd buy all the tickets and it would be a gig for just me and some people who appreciate PHENOMENAL music

• Registered Users Posts: 8,380 ✭✭✭Riddle101

PTH2009 wrote: »
    mcd had there chance to bring Motley to ireland last year to support Iron Maiden in the 02 in July 2009 but no they went for Sweet Savage

What? Is that true? Cause i'd like to know who thought Sweet Savage would be a better then Motley Crue.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    What? Is that true? Cause i'd like to know who thought Sweet Savage would be a better then Motley Crue.

Wasn't about who was better, tickets were nearly sold out so they didn't have to get s good support in to sell more.
    Sweet savage would have cost maybe 5k, Crue more than 20 times that

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

Will this even happen over here though?
    Obviously I'd love if it did come over, but with the way bands have toured over the last few years, you can't be sure. A lot of the bigger names just seem to gloss over Ireland and not bother coming at all!
    Saying that....Death to all but METAL!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,380 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Wasn't about who was better, tickets were nearly sold out so they didn't have to get s good support in to sell more.
    Sweet savage would have cost maybe 5k, Crue more than 20 times that

Ah I see. Would have be cool though. Crue haven't been here before so it would have been a big deal if they came.

• Advertisement

Steel Panther have announced details of a special show in London in November.

The band will headline London's Electric Ballroom on November 8. Tickets are priced at £17.50 and will go on sale Friday, August 26 at 9am from Aloud.com.

The band have also revealed that their follow-up 2009's Feel The Steel will be called Balls Out and will be released on October 17 through Universal. A single, If You Really Really Love Me, will follow on November 7.

Advertisement