Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

rosebikes flood sale supposed to start on 27th

http://www.roseversand.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

rosebikes flood sale supposed to start on 27th

http://www.roseversand.com
    It won't be online though :(

Lemag wrote: »
    It won't be online though :(

oops sorry

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Ribble have 10% off everything today with code WIGGO10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

What are Ice Toolz like as a brand? I need a few tools and was weighing up the sets on CRC vs buying the bits and bobs individually/as i need them etc.

As an aside, do most people own a set or just buy/accumulate the various tools as you need them?

johnk123 wrote: »
    As an aside, do most people own a set or just buy/accumulate the various tools as you need them?

Both :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

What are Ice Toolz like as a brand?

Grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MediaMan

Ice Toolz Essence Bicycle Tool Kit

40% off €50.36

http://www.probikekit.com/eu/ice-toolz-essence-bicycle-tool-kit.html

Out of stock now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

MediaMan wrote: »
    Out of stock now :(

I got this one recently - very similar in spec and price.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Anyone in the market for a new race helmet - this seems a good deal - 120 (incl shipping) for the Giro Atmos on Bike24.de

Just noticed this from their facebook page. 20% off Classic Rapha bibshorts using the code CLASSBIB12. Brings them down to €136 from €170.

Anybody own/tried them out? Good or bad? Had been planning on treating myself to a nice pair of bibshorts, CSS didn't have my size at the weekend... maybe it was a sign!

Edit, link to shorts! http://www.rapha.cc/bib-shorts Anyone any opnions?

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MediaMan

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    I got this one recently - very similar in spec and price.;)

No link?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

Just noticed this from their facebook page. 20% off Classic Rapha bibshorts using the code CLASSBIB12. Brings them down to €136 from €170.

Anybody own/tried them out? Good or bad? Had been planning on treating myself to a nice pair of bibshorts, CSS didn't have my size at the weekend... maybe it was a sign!

I have a pair of these and they're the nicest ones I have. I have an Assos pair also but rate these just a little better.

Vélo wrote: »
    I have a pair of these and they're the nicest ones I have. I have an Assos pair also but rate these just a little better.

Do you mind me asking why you prefer these? Like I said, have been thinking long and hard about getting a nice pair and am between these, the Assos F1 Mille S5 (I think:confused:) and possibly a giordana pair. These are a pretty good price with that discount

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

splurged

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

Do you mind me asking why you prefer these? Like I said, have been thinking long and hard about getting a nice pair and am between these, the Assos F1 Mille S5 (I think:confused:) and possibly a giordana pair. These are a pretty good price with that discount

The padding is really good but the texture of the fabric on the shorts is great. To be honest the Assos are great also so you won't go wrong whichever you buy and whichever you do get you will only buy the other ones next to see which is best yourself.

If I was in the market for a pair of shorts now I'd be buying the Rapha ones.

Vélo wrote: »
    The padding is really good but the texture of the fabric on the shorts is great. To be honest the Assos are great also so you won't go wrong whichever you buy and whichever you do get you will only buy the other ones next to see which is best yourself.

If I was in the market for a pair of shorts now I'd be buying the Rapha ones.
    Thanks, very helpful! And you're right, will only end up getting the second pair next... will leave them for Santa maybe! Think I'll pull the trigger on these Rapha bad boys. Any comments on sizing? Or do they run true to the online guide? Thanks again Velo

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭dited

Cyclesuperstore's deal of the day looks like a good one - full carbon Ridley Orion frameset for €460. Only available in medium though.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭loinnsigh

Wheelworx currently have 20% off everything in store (until next Monday), which means the Garmin Edge 500 bundle is now down from €320 to €256.
    Handtec works out at ~€250 with shipping, and it's not a local Irish business.

I just picked up a black/grey one (to match the bike don't you know) and it has the premium HRM strap inside too. Well chuffed with my purchase, have been debating buying one for ages :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭9400

I don't see the black one available at 256 - can you post the link to that item please?

9400 wrote: »
    I don't see the black one available at 256 - can you post the link to that item please?
    It's not on their website - the list price is actually €350 on their website for some reason but it's €320 in store. With 20% discount that works out at €256. They had both blue-grey and black-grey in stock this morning when I was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

9400 wrote:

I suspect that the one loinnsigh is referring to is the one that Garmin call "neutral". It just has a black stripe/accent where the usual 500 model has blue, and is usually the same price as the blue one. There is also a black/red one which has a red stripe/accent in place of the blue but unlike the other two the rest of the body is black, and this one is more expensive than the other two ('cos black goes faster, as everyone knows...).

Edit: Here are the variations:

edge-group.jpg

doozerie wrote: »
    I suspect that the one loinnsigh is referring to is the one that Garmin call "neutral". It just has a black stripe/accent where the usual 500 model has blue, and is usually the same price as the blue one. There is also a black/red one which has a red stripe/accent in place of the blue but unlike the other two the rest of the body is black, and this one is more expensive than the other two ('cos black goes faster, as everyone knows...).

Edit: Here are the variations:

edge-group.jpg

Thanks doozerie, yep the 'neutral' is the one I was referring to.
    The red and black would have looked sweet on my bike, but not sweet enough to justify the price difference. I have no idea why it's more expensive, especially considering the blue or neutral bundles seem to now come with the premium HRM strap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

15% off at Ralpha using code: SOFTTAPPER

Available till 9th of August, says its for Etape riders but can't imagine them cross checking!!

Detail from email:

If you entered the Etape Acte I or Acte II this year, Rapha would like to reward your commitment to riding the hardest roads in Europe with a 15% discount on your next Rapha purchase. Simply enter offer code SOFTTAPPER at checkout at rapha.cc

Offer expires at 11.59pm GMT, 9th August 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

Planet-X are offering the Exocet 2 at £500 off the usual price (usual price is 3,774.74euro), with code UKGOLD500:

CBPXEX2RED_P1.jpg

Using the same code you can alternatively (or "as well" even, if you really lose the head) get a free pair of carbon 50mm wheels when buying the Stealth Rival. The offer on the Stealth Rival ends on Aug 7th, I presume the offer on the Exocet ends at the same time.

Seem like decent offers but I'm not sure about the Union Jack on those rims. Living in a Dublin council housing estate where I used to be told to "get back to fookin' England" just because I didn't sound like a Dublin skanger (they didn't realise that I'm a Cork skanger, the stupid langers) makes me wonder what the reaction would be if I rode home one day on those wheels. On the plus side, sprint intervals could become a regular and enthusiastic feature of my training!

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭com1

Dont know them, never had one, but Bikeinn are offering a Polar CS400 for €122 for the next day or so.

http://www.bikeinn.com/bike/polar-cs400/5203/p

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

com1 wrote: »
    Dont know them, never had one, but Bikeinn are offering a Polar CS400 for €122 for the next day or so.

http://www.bikeinn.com/bike/polar-cs400/5203/p

Anybody any experience of these??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

B'twin Facet 5 carbon with full Rival, Look Keo easy pedals and Aksium wheels for £909.99. In store only though but could be worth a trip to Belfast.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement