Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

colm_gti wrote: »
    Man up :p

Touche sir, i tip my hat to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

CramCycle wrote: »
    Touche sir, i tip my hat to you.

In all seriousness though, rumor has it there will be club gear ordered soon, not be best to wait for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

mossym wrote: »
    it's at 135 with free delivery now:)

ordered. card has taken a hammering in last few weeks
    Just took the plunge at £133.76. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

CramCycle wrote: »
    All gone in my size, anyone know anywhere else still stocking these, I can't seem to find anywhere or even a similar "no-rain" product,

Castelli's Nanoflex range is their water resistant range. Craft do a rain resistant range too, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

doozerie wrote: »
    Castelli's Nanoflex range is their water resistant range. Craft do a rain resistant range too, I think.
    Santini Aquazero as well.
    I was looking for something like that recently. Thankfully I got the last pair of the Sportful bibs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Can anyone recommend some padless bib shorts?

Incidentally, Nanoflex is just some form of coating on Castelli kit as far as I can recall, which means they can (and do) apply it on anything from knee warmers to shorts (they are thicker/warmer shorts though, not necessarily well suited to a wet mild day) and arm warmers and while it adds to the price it doesn't seem to be massively expensive compated their non-Nanoflex kit. They also have what they describe as a waterproof jersey, the Gabba, which seems to be a different material altogether but it's quite pricey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

shimano padless on crc for 8euro but think xxl is smallest size

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

shimano padless on crc for 8euro but think xxl is smallest size

Thanks, saw them, thought they might be too big. Might be worth the risk at that price though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

I got a pair of the shimano padded bib shorts last year when they were on special offer and they were small fitting for the size.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭g0g

Current Groupon deal seems to be good enough value. You can get either 1 (€21), 2 (€38) or 3 (€55) packs of the following delivered.

Each single pack contains:
    • 1 High 5 Water Bottle 750ml
    • 10 High 5 Energy Gels - citrus, summer fruits, banana or orange
    • 20 High 5 Zero Tabs - cherry
    • 20 High 5 Zero Tabs - citrus
    • 20 High 5 Zero Tabs - XTREME or pink grapefruit
    1345819998798.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

was gonna post some shimano shoes which were down from 90 to 30 euro on crc - good job i checked cos they are 55 euro today not so much of a bargain at that ........
    hate it when CRC do that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Has anyone ever bought one of these from aldi?

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_23263.htm#

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

Bump... I've a year old pair of Assos bibs that I'd like to keep wearing but they've gone that dreaded see through at the arse section above the chamois. I'm thinking padless shorts over them would be a solution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Dubba wrote: »
    Bump... I've a year old pair of Assos bibs that I'd like to keep wearing but they've gone that dreaded see through at the arse section above the chamois. I'm thinking padless shorts over them would be a solution.

you werent wearing them on the SKT 100 perchance? Nearly fell off the bike when a chap in front stood up on his pedals, and i could see his knackers...max 5 dernier i reckon.

you werent wearing them on the SKT 100 perchance? Nearly fell off the bike when a chap in front stood up on his pedals, and i could see his knackers...max 5 dernier i reckon.

:eek: You were behind him, yet you managed to see them? But... how...?

...no, don't answer that, the imagery with a shortage of information is damaging enough already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Ive a witness!

it was horrific; i hope the kids were all back in Dungarvan from the 50 by the time he rolled into Cappoquin.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

it's at 135 with free delivery now:)

ordered. card has taken a hammering in last few weeks

Garmin 410 is gone back up to 150+ now again, recommend anyone looking at them waits a while as they seem to drop back down to <135 quite regularily.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

Haha no not me. I got a new pair of Santini bibs but there're not as comfy as my Assos.

I'm going to pick up a pair of dhb Pace Unpadded Bib Tight to wear over the Assos, cheap too at €24.51
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-pace-unpadded-bib-tight/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

Cyclesuperstore Wednesday deal is conti race 28 tubes, 10 for €45. Think I got these before the 1st time around for €40, but the last two times they've been €45. Not sure if its much of a deal considering wiggle have then at 5 for €23, but if you needed them straight away (store collection), it might be of use.

Have tried many tubes, but these are by far my favourite. I have 8 of them sitting at home, but I might get the CSS deal just because I want to buy something.

Anyone seen these cheaper anywhere else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

funkyjebus wrote: »
    Cyclesuperstore Wednesday deal is conti race 28 tubes, 10 for €45. Think I got these before the 1st time around for €40, but the last two times they've been €45. Not sure if its much of a deal considering wiggle have then at 5 for €23, but if you needed them straight away (store collection), it might be of use.

Have tried many tubes, but these are by far my favourite. I have 8 of them sitting at home, but I might get the CSS deal just because I want to buy something.

Anyone seen these cheaper anywhere else?

Wiggle also has free delivery and with my experiences with CCS they're also alot quicker!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Plastik

Sportful Fiandre No-Rain Thermal Bib Shorts

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/sportful-fiandre-no-rain-thermal-bib-shorts/

€43.37

few left in most sizes

Delivery today from Wiggle. Quality seems good and they feel like they'll be toasty in the colder weather. I'll have to wait until later to check the sizing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Plastik wrote: »
    Delivery today from Wiggle. Quality seems good and they feel like they'll be toasty in the colder weather. I'll have to wait until later to check the sizing!
    Can't wait for my set. Hopfully it will arrive today ;).

was getting worried as i hadn't seen them yet, not so bad if everyone else just getting them now as well, forgot it was only end of last week this deal hit, seemed like longer

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Seweryn wrote: »
    Can't wait for my set. Hopfully it will arrive today ;).

Just ordered a pair. Did it take long to deliver? I have had a few issues with wiggle over the last couple of days

godtabh wrote: »
    Just ordered a pair. Did it take long to deliver? I have had a few issues with wiggle over the last couple of days

showing none in stock now, they were in stock when we all ordered them last week, so you might have a bit of a wait

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

showing none in stock now, they were in stock when we all ordered them last week, so you might have a bit of a wait

Crap. Didnt see that bit

godtabh wrote: »
    Crap. Didnt see that bit

very good price though so worth leaving the order there in the hope they get more in. it does look like a clearout price though

very good price though so worth leaving the order there in the hope they get more in. it does look like a clearout price though

yeah if i got it at the price i would be happy. I'll give it a week or two

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Nice!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement