Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭trev44

No Pants wrote: »
    Mmm, meatballs...

no beer !?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

trev44 wrote: »
    no beer !?!
    More a Bushmills man myself. That stuff is cheaper to buy abroad than anywhere in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Get In There

Just ordered myself a Bryton Rider 20 with HR monitor & Cadence for 82e including shipping.

http://goo.gl/JJAK3z

I don't have the luxury of being able to spend a chunk of money on Garmin so I hope this will cater for all my needs for the time being!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Just ordered myself a Bryton Rider 20 with HR monitor & Cadence for 82e including shipping.

http://goo.gl/JJAK3z

I don't have the luxury of being able to spend a chunk of money on Garmin so I hope this will cater for all my needs for the time being!

Please let us know how it works out for you, I'm finding my phone battery insufficient for the distances I'm cycling but I'm a new job and a year or two of decent pay away from forking out for a Garmin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Please let us know how it works out for you, I'm finding my phone battery insufficient for the distances I'm cycling but I'm a new job and a year or two of decent pay away from forking out for a Garmin.

Turn of unnecessary apps and 3g. Ive done 250km plus with Samsung S3

• Advertisement

ford2600 wrote: »
    Turn of unnecessary apps and 3g. Ive done 250km plus with Samsung S3

I've the S3 mini,which I've dropped a lot. Will try this out tomorrow though.

With my old phone that I currently use for tracking rides, I have it in airplane mode with the gps on. It works grand.

Anyhow ok I will let u know how I find the bryston device and its accessories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Download a battery saver app. Screen is biggest user of power. Turn brightness down and minimise time to standby also

ford2600 wrote: »
    Download a battery saver app. Screen is biggest user of power. Turn brightness down and minimise time to standby also

Just confirmed on a run that Strava won't record without 3g and gps.

Hoping to get out for a good long spin tomorrow so I'll try managing everything else down.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Just confirmed on a run that Strava won't record without 3g and gps.

Hoping to get out for a good long spin tomorrow so I'll try managing everything else down.

it will record it but wont upload/sync without a 3g signal. It needs gps to track run.

While out turn off 3g, bluetooth etc and just leave the gps running. I used to get 5/6 hours out of my iphone 4

• Advertisement

godtabh wrote: »
    it will record it but wont upload/sync without a 3g signal. It needs gps to track run.

While out turn off 3g, bluetooth etc and just leave the gps running. I used to get 5/6 hours out of my iphone 4

When I run with GPS on but no 3g strava runs the timer but doesn't record any change in position.

When I run with GPS on but no 3g strava runs the timer but doesn't record any change in position.

As good a reason to order the bryton device today. Flog the cadence and hr monitor to claim some money back if needs to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭mosstin

Re the Altura jackets that were on sale for €50. After about four months of use, both the rear zip and, just this morning, the front zip have gone. Anyone else with a similar issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,950 ✭✭✭furiousox

Zips are ok on mine so far but after the first wash the elasticated lining running along the inside of the jacket came off.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/thursday-15th-may/products-detail-page/ps/p/action-camcorder-ac-500-touch/

Could be worth it for those not willing to spend go pro money. 3 year warranty too.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭_DMac_

€5 and €10 euro crc money voucher that I don't need. The €5 may be out of date by now. Only realised there are time limits on them today.

pm who ever wants them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

I've a €10 Crc voucher if anyone wants it. Good till Thursday week

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭666bxg

Daroxtar wrote: »
    I've a €10 Crc voucher if anyone wants it. Good till Thursday week

I'll take it please 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭_DMac_

666bxg wrote: »
    I'll take it please 😊

sent there

• Registered Users Posts: 24,980 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

The Polaris SPD SL shoes in TK Maxx (St Stephen's Green) are now €18!

(They were €110, then €54, then €40, then €27 and now €18!).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

The Polaris SPD SL shoes in TK Maxx (St Stephen's Green) are now €18!

(They were €110, then €54, then €40, then €27 and now €18!).

What sizes are available and is there much stock left? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 24,980 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Roddy23 wrote: »
    I saw about 10 pairs this morning from 44 to 48 in white/blue and black/white.

Also had SPD SL triathlon shoes (white and lime) - not sure about price.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Roddy23 wrote: »

I saw a few size 10s. They look and feel rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

aldi in drogheda have base layers, winter bib tights and tops, all under 5.00 each. I got two sets of the bib tights (4.99) and two of the tops (2.49) each. They are in a rack up by the tills.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

I got them, the white ones. They're not the worst, I use them for track. I don't have much to compare it to so I might not be the best reviewer of them. Was thinking of getting another pair to put SPD-SL's on for my road bike. (look delta's on current pair for rental track bikes)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

The look better than the Aldi shoes in fairness. I honestly don't think they look rubbish, aesthetically, I mean. And for that price, definitely worth a punt if as someone's first pair.

The look better than the Aldi shoes in fairness. I honestly don't think they look rubbish, aesthetically, I mean. And for that price, definitely worth a punt if as someone's first pair.

its just a personal thing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

its just a personal thing

Oh yeah, I know, just wanted to say they might suit beginners.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement