Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Counter-Strike coming to XBLA/PSN

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'd consider it a massive negactivebecause it never works, you still end up matched against a variety of low and high ranked players. I'd rather find a server I like and get to know the regulars.

I will wait and see how they calculate skill ranges before I make such a judgement.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

PC still have custom games so all is good. I'm used to playing on the same one or two servers so I'll probably stick to that. Ranking will probably be primarily KPD so camping will be rampant :mad:

Also, I assume the SDK will be released simultaneously so we can get some decent maps going?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

PC still have custom games so all is good. I'm used to playing on the same one or two servers so I'll probably stick to that. Ranking will probably be primarily KPD so camping will be rampant :mad:

Also, I assume the SDK will be released simultaneously so we can get some decent maps going?
    Too bad the console version WON'T HAVE A SERVER BROWSER! Why do devs think that gamers want to get into games faster when all we want is to choose our own game? Matchmaking always puts you in games that lag, notoriously.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Top 1.6 playas are playing a show match now on esl at IEM.

Europe vs america
    http://www.twitch.tv/esltv_event3

cArn
    GeT_RiGhT
    lurppis
    trace
    zonic

vs

fRoD
    Ksharp
    n0thing
    Storm
    Volcano

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Why do devs think that gamers want to get into games faster when all we want is to choose our own game?

If I still played online I'd rather get into my ethnic and sexual slur ridden multiplayer game quicker rather than picking my way through a server list.

But I'm weird like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Healium wrote: »
    And Steam.

Early 2012.

Yep.

This is the greatest news I have ever heard :eek: I have always wanted CSS on PS3...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Top 1.6 playas are playing a show match now on esl at IEM.

Europe vs america
    http://www.twitch.tv/esltv_event3

cArn
    GeT_RiGhT
    lurppis
    trace
    zonic

vs

fRoD
    Ksharp
    n0thing
    Storm
    Volcano

magill posted youtube links to it here

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Looks like Valve did their usual and took their time and got it right. Cant wait.

Trevor451 wrote: »
    I'd imagine this game is not going to have cross platform play for obvious reasons ;)

Cross platform with PC, Mac and PS3 but not 360..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5GcqlJkfRQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Cross platform with PC, Mac and PS3 but not 360..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5GcqlJkfRQ

I wonder will a KB + mouse be required on ps3 to pay cross platform? It wouldn't be balanced otherwise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I wonder will a KB + mouse be required on ps3 to pay cross platform? It wouldn't be balanced otherwise

Proper match making would balance it out.

Doubthful, I still wouldn't mind using controller compared to keyboard/mouse..

Does anyone know if there will be a beta for the PS3 version?.. Would love to get my hands on that..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

looks just like updated source rather than 1.6 :( shame

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

That visually looks all wrong to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

That visually looks all wrong to me...

Don't worry man, once you get in the zone, everything starts to look like this:

matrix_vision.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Any ideas when the beta is starting???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Big Knox wrote: »

Possibly towards the end of November/ start of December.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If I still played online I'd rather get into my ethnic and sexual slur ridden multiplayer game quicker rather than picking my way through a server list.

But I'm weird like that.

Matchmaking I find takes forever. For a server list, just arrange by ping and away you go.

Big Knox wrote: »

This month apparently, may get delayed though... If theres alot of bugs in the game with people complaining I would think release probably won't happen till March but if not maybe we could get it by January/Febuary..

I am so hyped for this game :).. Use to play it when I was 13, then stopped after a while so can't wait to get back into it.. Was always wanting CSS on PS3.. Love the office, hope they bring it back... I also like the way no zooming aswell and requires more skill than them COD players..

What price you think they will charge?... I would say 20euro maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

This month apparently, may get delayed though... If theres alot of bugs in the game with people complaining I would think release probably won't happen till March but if not maybe we could get it by January/Febuary..

I am so hyped for this game :).. Use to play it when I was 13, then stopped after a while so can't wait to get back into it.. Was always wanting CSS on PS3.. Love the office, hope they bring it back... I also like the way no zooming aswell and requires more skill than them COD players..

What price you think they will charge?... I would say 20euro maybe?

I reckon it will be €15 as that is the most you can charge for XBLA I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,487 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Looks like this is out 21st August for 15 dollars. Should be interesting but would not like to play against a PC'er from my PS3 unless Sony enabled KB and mouse support.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/354137/counter-strike-global-offensive-release-date-confirmed/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

They stopped cross platform support. keyboard vs controller would be lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Looks like this is out 21st August for 15 dollars. Should be interesting but would not like to play against a PC'er from my PS3 unless Sony enabled KB and mouse support.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/354137/counter-strike-global-offensive-release-date-confirmed/

You won't be able to play against PC users from your PS3. They removed that because they wanted to be able to update PC version regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Well I guess its time for all the cretins to come out from under their rocks....

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

They stopped cross platform support. keyboard vs controller would be lol.
    The PS3 version was going to support USB keyboards and mouses. Don't know if that's still a planned feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

ríomhaire wrote: »
    The PS3 version was going to support USB keyboards and mouses. Don't know if that's still a planned feature.
    Well, from what I can tell, it's also gonna use the PS Move for control input.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

ríomhaire wrote: »

Seemingly doesnt matter, sensitivity,DPI and input speed are capped to the maximum output of the controller, thats been the same for all consoles that ever touted " keyboard and mouse " support and the same with the PS3 and Xbox.

So regardless of being able to use a keyboard and mouse, it still wont have as high movement, dpi or output as the PC counterpart.

Which is why we will never see succesfull cross platform with PC and console gaming, until this very obvious flaw is resolved

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

TheDoc wrote: »
    Seemingly doesnt matter, sensitivity,DPI and input speed are capped to the maximum output of the controller, thats been the same for all consoles that ever touted " keyboard and mouse " support and the same with the PS3 and Xbox.

So regardless of being able to use a keyboard and mouse, it still wont have as high movement, dpi or output as the PC counterpart.

Which is why we will never see succesfull cross platform with PC and console gaming, until this very obvious flaw is resolved

Where'd you get this info from ? I've played UT3 on PS3 with a mouse and it was pretty solid.

TheDoc wrote: »

you don't need high dpi? Plenty of people play with low dpi and low sensitivity.
    What they need is the accuracy of having a mouse in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

you don't need high dpi? Plenty of people play with low dpi and low sensitivity.
    What they need is the accuracy of having a mouse in the first place.

^ Especially for a game like CS.

Advertisement