Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Counter-Strike coming to XBLA/PSN

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,815 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well either valve changes the game completely to facilitate controllers or keep it the same with aim assist. Whatever happens it will be fun seeing the fanboys up in arms either way :)

Also Blue Shift was made by Gearbox and I'm pretty sure CS on Xbox was farmed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Well either valve changes the game completely to facilitate controllers or keep it the same with aim assist. Whatever happens it will be fun seeing the fanboys up in arms either way :)

Also Blue Shift was made by Gearbox and I'm pretty sure CS on Xbox was farmed out.

SUCCESS ?? :P

Yeah it'll be fun. CS fanboys are a million times worse than the CoD fanboys so it'll be interesting to say the least !

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bastados

Cant wait..if true..great game

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

bastados wrote: »
    Cant wait..if true..great game

Huh, this is official news from Valve :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,700 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I remember being introduced to CSS as the one game to play in the Vivendi offices.

Had great craic, even tho I was terrible I'd still get the odd lucky kill, and could survive just by playing smart.

I just love how it's got this lovely slow-slow-FAST rhythm to its combat. Can't wait :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Well this is an odd one for the consoles. Then again, CS heads were the scum of the internet back in the day, then they all moved to the consoles with their halos and cods so I guess you could say the game followed them eventually. :p

But seriously though a game such as CS was all about having good aim , can't see any hardcore CS fan enjoying it with a pad. TF2 aint so hot on the consoles.

Still I like what valve has been doing with steam on the PS3 so I'm sure a lot of people will get some fun out of it still even if it is dumbed down with auto aim and the likes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

just hope the pc version is good, seems there will eb little recoil as it's for consoles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

One would like to hope valve won't compromise the quality and scope of the pc version due to having it on the consoles too unlike most other devs.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

sseems like they will, hope it wiill still be good though :/

Marek ".PhP" Kadek is one of the players in seattle. This is what he wrote on Playzone.cz :
    - this game is not going to replace CS 1.6, or CS:S, it is primary made for consoles, PC version is just kind of a "bonus"
    - at the moment, the game looks more like HL2DM
    - There is no recoil and there will never be. (because of the consoles)
    - the game runs on L4D2 engine
    - SourceTV is NOT a priority
    - they are working on match making system
    - new money system
    - no kevlar (this should be fixed in the future)
    - maps are simplyfied for XBOX style, less ways, most fights are close range
    - Hidden Path (Valve only finances the game) is trying to make all weapons balanced.

Valve is going to continue updating CS:S, and today they will also talk with the players about the future of CS:S...

Too me it sounds like its going to be another CZ(A bridge between css/cs2?). Im still excited because frankly i wont beable to play it on PC and even if its only half as good as the PC version i'll enjoy it more than I do CoD.

I wouldn't be suprised if valves next full game is HL3, with the next gen consoles only round the corner they're probably waiting until then. With it will probably come a new Engine and obviously a new CS/TF/DoD.

Its nice to see them pushing the competitive scene with their next 2 games tho.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Lets hope valve is not pulling a activision :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

http://kotaku.com/5834542/an-hour-with-counter+strike-go.
    On the PS3, players can use the game controller, the PlayStation Move motion controller or even a mouse and keyboard. PS3, Mac and PC players will be match-made against each other, clumped by skill, regardless of input device or platform.

A whole new arguement, PS move > KB&M > controller...:p.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Hercule

Cross-platform play between PC/Mac/PS3

It prob the PC master race blood coursing through my veins but when I see "cross platform play" I immediately think "game simplified/dumbed down to work on consoles".

The finesse of CS1.6 and games like CoD1 was what made it so interesting to me - if every gun fires bullets that are a metre squared at targets which take up a 3rd of the screen the game is meh

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd be interested in seeing how Move players could compete with kb/m players. I'd still say kb/m > Move > controller (basing this on nothing btw).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,815 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I still don't think move is as accurate as a mouse and also there's still the massive disadvantage in turning speeds.

PS3 can use keyboard and mouse...... unlucky PC noobs... im still gonna rape ya :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Magill wrote: »
    PS3 can use keyboard and mouse...... unlucky PC noobs... im still gonna rape ya :D

I might just get it to relive those memories of destroying the noobpad users on the Dreamcast quake 3 servers :P

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

CSS on consoles :eek:
    There's already an Xbox (original one) version of Counter-Strike.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,704 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Cant wait to see a real fight between keyboard and joypad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I'll buy this for my console playing mates just to give me the chance to obliterate them 50-0(24-1 on a level playing field, and this wont be at all level).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Ps3 version will have move support and mouse and keyboard support aswell

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2011/08/26/counter-strike-go-gets-mouse-move-and-keyboard-support/

kb thank god!

cant wait to play normal controller people in it, would they even get a kill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

why is this so shockin to some people, versions of q3 and the ut series were released on modern consoles and those games came from 1999 aswell. such a sick year , quake3 ut1 and counter strike :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,704 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

At the end of the day this just looks like another re-skin for Counterstrike. It will be as dated-looking 4 years from now as CSS is today.
    Ps3 version will have move support and mouse and keyboard support aswell

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2011/08/26/counter-strike-go-gets-mouse-move-and-keyboard-support/
    Haha.

yep, I wish they waited and made cs2 on a new engine. at least it is something

• Registered Users Posts: 18,700 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Overheal wrote: »
    At the end of the day this just looks like another re-skin for Counterstrike. It will be as dated-looking 4 years from now as CSS is today.

Haha.
    I still play Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike... a game that was released in 1999.

Graphics don't mean shít when great, fast gameplay overloads your other senses.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Overheal wrote: »

Haha.
    yep, I wish they waited and made cs2 on a new engine. at least it is something

Last time I checked, companies that focused on graphics (looking at you, Crytek) made passable games, while companies that focus on making games, give us something that will be played for 10 years.

I much prefer Valves approach, fun first, shiny later (if ever).

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

Does no one consider ranked matchmaking a big thing?

• Advertisement

ríomhaire wrote: »
    Does no one consider ranked matchmaking a big thing?

I'd consider it a massive negactivebecause it never works, you still end up matched against a variety of low and high ranked players. I'd rather find a server I like and get to know the regulars.

Advertisement