Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Preseason Games Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

TaosHum wrote: »
    Oh I see. Like when people were crowning you after the beat down you put on the Jets in the regular season.

No way you guys could lose to them when it mattered a few weeks later. :pac::p

That was a meaningless playoff game. Look at us now, we're fúcking dominating these competitive preseason games against dynastys like the Jags.

It's a sure thing, you're blind if you cant see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    That was a meaningless playoff game. Look at us now, we're fúcking dominating these competitive preseason games against dynastys like the Jags.

It's a sure thing, you're blind if you cant see that.
    I wouldnt be so sure Tom! Bucs hammer ye in the second half!

14-3! Bam! Bucs for the Superbowl!!!

:/:(:'(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Mallet's interception was quite lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Anybody got a working link for Lions @ Browns?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

• Advertisement

Stafford is a machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Rookie Cardinals RB Ryan Williams out for the year. I had fancied him to play a significant role this season.

I can't help but analyse these injuries in terms of fantasy stock. Beanie Wells' just went through the roof. I know he was the starting RB anyway, but with Williams and Hightower gone, he's now definitely the premier back in Arizona.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I can't help but analyse these injuries in terms of fantasy stock. Beanie Wells' just went through the roof. I know he was the starting RB anyway, but with Williams and Hightower gone, he's now definitely the premier back in Arizona.

That was my first reaction too!! Jahvid Best left the Lions game last night with a suspected concussion. He is reportedly over his turf toe issue and should be a good fantasy option with the injury to Mikel LeShoure but it's hard to trust Best to stay fit.

I keep on thinking that if Tyrod Taylor had 2inches more to his height he would of been a first round pic for sure.

• Advertisement

Hope someone can answer this

Suppose you have a young raw player with a bright future. They won't make the roster this year but you want to keep them around to bulk up and be coached and tutored. Lots of potential

And you fear if you cut them and try to put them on the practice squad some other team will snap them up

I'm reading over team forums about players with "injuries" and putting them on IR.
    Last season Ravens had a raw offensive tackle Ramone Harewood who spend last season on IR and has come back more NFL ready and stronger.

Is there some inside scam with a nod and a wink? ;)
    If you want to keep your young player around, get them to go down with an "injury", put them on IR and spend the year training them. You keep your player and nobody else snatches them from your practice squad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

If your on injured reserve your not allowed practice with your team though. Obviously that can also be broken and I'm not sure what the rule on getting coached one on one or even praticing with the practice squad. Would be interested to find out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Tebow now down to the no.3 QB with the Broncos

First play of the game, Sam Bradford 83 yard bomb to Gibson for a TD.

Absolutely delighted for Ben Tate. Expected big things from him last year only for the injury to claim his rookie year. He's very talented, and tearing it up in New Orleans right now. 9 carries for 95 yards for a TD so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Absolutely delighted for Ben Tate. Expected big things from him last year only for the injury to claim his rookie year. He's very talented, and tearing it up in New Orleans right now. 9 carries for 95 yards for a TD so far.

Watching this game at the moment, Tate looks very good but I can't tell if the texans offense is doing well or the saints d are just sucking badly! So many missed tackles from NO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Any decent streams for the Jets game?

Want to see how Burress gets on

Andy Dalton is 1/7 for 7 yards, 2 interceptions and a fumble.

And he's ginger. Kid can't catch a break.

Bengals best player so far has been their punter

Any decent streams for the Jets game?

Want to see how Burress gets on

http://www.vipbox.tv/watch/3107/1/cincinnati-bengals-vs-new-york-jets.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Burress TD!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Pegasusbridge

Great catch by Burress. Jets defence playing well but offence still struggling a bit. Finding it hard to run the football.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Td Charger 10-0
    McMichael good catch 2 feet in.
    Romo had all day previous drive and threw a poor int to Weddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭deisedude

Andy Dalton is 1/7 for 7 yards, 2 interceptions and a fumble.

And he's ginger. Kid can't catch a break.

As a Bengals fan i'm genuinely dreading the start of the season. We could potentially go 0-16:(

deisedude wrote: »
    As a Bengals fan i'm genuinely dreading the start of the season. We could potentially go 0-16:(

But then you' ll get Luck :D

AJ Green isn't looking like the great investment many predicted. Is it me or does he look EXTREMELY slight? He's f*cking tiny (weight wise).

Stev_o wrote: »

AJ Green isn't looking like the great investment many predicted. Is it me or does he look EXTREMELY slight? He's f*cking tiny (weight wise).

Most Bengals writers are raving about him, the star of training camp. Hard to look good with a rookie QB coming off of a lockout in two preseason games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭deisedude

Stev_o wrote: »

I think Green will be a star but don't think Dalton is good enough to get the ball to him

How is the preseason schedule sorted?

The Ravens and the Redskins always play each other and I've only checked the last four years

Do teams get to nominate oppononts?
    So if you have a team local to you and in another conference can they tell the league, match us up?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

mikemac wrote: »
    How is the preseason schedule sorted?

The Ravens and the Redskins always play each other and I've only checked the last four years

Do teams get to nominate oppononts?
    So if you have a team local to you and in another conference can they tell the league, match us up?

They get non-conference rivals to play I think. The Browns play the Lions every year and I think that the Steelers play the Eagles every year and so on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Ravens-Redskins tonight. I'm looking forward to seeing Ngata back at DE and Cody at NT with Redding at DE, not really looking forward to watching the mess in the secondary.

Flacco threw a pick-6 to Hall, unfortunate.

Advertisement