Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Seems very "All property is theft... Except mine." .

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Holy Mary

Markcheese wrote: »
    Seems very "All property is theft... Except mine." .

Except they tend not to speak about their own cases these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Simple_Simone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Can he be removed from his role?

Can he be removed from his role?

Don't know. But if he can, then he should be.

His inanities in another case are reported in today's Sunday Times.

"Nama wins appeal on case struck out by ‘irrational’ High Court master Edmund Honohan"

(Story may be behind the paywall - so in essence:-

Nama successfully appealed an “irrational” order made by the master of the High Court, striking out its application for a €19m judgment against a businessman. In January, Ed Honohan had struck out Nama’s attempt to get a judgement against the businessman John Brennan.

In an affidavit filed with the High Court, Alan Quigley, Nama’s solicitor in the case, accuses Honohan of acting irrationally, inappropriately and outside his jurisdiction by arguing for one side in the case. Nama claims Honohan was “wrong in fact and in law”.)

• Advertisement

Don't know. But if he can, then he should be.

Nama’s solicitor in the case, accuses Honohan of acting irrationally, inappropriately and outside his jurisdiction by arguing for one side in the case. Nama claims Honohan was “wrong in fact and in law”.)

This kind of irrational behaviour could cost a person their home in the long term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

And the clown does it again.
    "A senior judge has criticised a decision by the Master of the High Court Edmund Honohan to appoint an 82-year-old convicted criminal to represent the best interests of children in a legal dispute.

High Court President Peter Kelly said having such a person in that position would be "grotesque" and "improper".

Mr Justice Kelly made the comments as he set aside an order made by Mr Honohan in January appointing Michael Grimes as guardian ad-litem, or next friend, to three children whose parents have been embroiled in litigation with the Revenue Commissioners."

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/high-court-president-hits-out-at-honohan-for-grotesque-decision-37919707.html

Surely it's well past time for the darkened room, bottle of whisky and loaded revolver solution?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,976 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Squatter wrote: »
    And the clown does it again.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/high-court-president-hits-out-at-honohan-for-grotesque-decision-37919707.html

Surely it's well past time for the darkened room, bottle of whisky and loaded revolver solution?

Michael Grimes showed up on this thread a few years ago when he claimed to own McElhinney's of Athboy after receivers tried to take possession of the premises on foot of court order. He purportedly is a Dr., is known to run a colourful transport museum in Cork, has a conviction in relation to running a brother and has taken a few frivolous litigations again CIE and it's subsidiaries. Definitely a colourful character to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,670 ✭✭✭whippet

It’s no shock that Ed would be supporting people like him .. Ed’s fan base include most of the role of honour in the thread.

Imagine their uproar if he went out for dinner with someone who worked in a bank instead of the lads who seem to spend their whole time ‘helping’ Business people who have defaulted on millions hold on to trophy houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭GavMan

You gotta ask the question. Whats in it for Honohan to encourage these loons? Would it be advantageous for him in someway if one of these chancers were to succeed in their endeavors?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,525 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

You're not the only one wondering Gavman........ What's he got going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭cml387

I happened to be in Mullingar today and noticed a small garage in the town advertising that every 5 euro spent on getting your puncture fixed will go to The Hub.

I won't name the place in case you all rush there to get your tyres repaired.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,482 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Does Honohans job description extend to meeting with Ming in Brussels?

https://twitter.com/lukeming/status/1108076431450370049

• Registered Users Posts: 11,482 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Nice one Ed! What'll be his next stunt, I wonder. Perhaps a cameo appearance in Fossett's Circus. I'll gladly buy him the red nose.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Nice one Ed! What'll be his next stunt, I wonder. Perhaps a cameo appearance in Fossett's Circus. I'll gladly buy him the red nose.
    I'd love to know how he squares this quest for justice with adjourning 2 days worth of his lists for two weeks whilst he goes off on to tilt at windmills.

Word is that Ben's house is for the chop on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

Any idea when is he due for release? I trust he has employed suitable legal counsel in his absence?

Chiorino wrote: »
    Any idea when is he due for release? I trust he has employed suitable legal counsel in his absence?

I think he has 4 weeks left, although remission may see him out earlier.

What we do know is that The Hub, fine and honest lay litigants that they are, are out looking for Solicitors that, in their words, are not afraid to take on the banks. For some reason they are professing that any solicitor who helps them will have exposure to loads of potential clients.

Of course they are forgetting that these potential clients are all broke and presumably unable to pay for real solicitors. Then again, they forget to tell people a lot of things :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Ah but if you come up with the right formula of magic words, then the banks cases all fall apart... And costs get warded against the banks.. So its win win

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Advertisement

Going to any of these lads for any sort of legal advise is akin to getting nutrition advise from an obese lad with PT after his Facebook handle

whippet wrote: »
    Going to any of these lads for any sort of legal advise is akin to getting nutrition advise from an obese lad with PT after his Facebook handle

Leave my sideline out of it :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Robbo wrote: »
    This man was previously linked to disturbances at Limerick Court House which resulted in the daily list no longer being published on the internet.

He's also been associated with either the promotion or running of a branch of The Hub in that part of the world. Here's a post detailing one of the conferences he spoke at early in 2018.

If you want some light entertainment this morning, this Twitter thread contains videos of some of Ben's finest moments. I think the video of him screaming down the phone at a solicitor may be tied into his current predicament.
    Busy day for the lads if Ben's house is on the line again. Brian McCarthy was released on bail of €100 on Friday to appear in the High Court again today.

Any word on how today went ? Apparently trim court house were selective in who was allowed in !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭blueythebear

whippet wrote: »
    Any word on how today went ? Apparently trim court house were selective in who was allowed in !

I imagine it was adjourned... think it was in county registrars list so probably sent to the judges list for a hearing in a few months time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Also given the defendant is in custody.

I imagine it was adjourned... think it was in county registrars list so probably sent to the judges list for a hearing in a few months time

Par for the course. Next stop Judges list.In a previous appearance he ''alleges Start sold on his mortgage within a short time of him taking out the loan.

A barrister for the company told the court the documentation in the case showed no evidence for this.''

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/circuit-court/gilroy-accuses-sub-prime-lender-of-conspiracy-to-defraud-1.3424404

Apparently ben gilroy was in this morning looking to appeal his jailing for contempt given that he failed fairly miserably on his habeus corpus application...wonder how he got on? I can guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭rameire

Apparently ben gilroy was in this morning looking to appeal his jailing for contempt given that he failed fairly miserably on his habeus corpus application...wonder how he got on? I can guess...

His case has been put back till the 3rd of May.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement

rameire wrote: »
    His case has been put back till the 3rd of May.

He'll be out by then I imagine.

Advertisement