Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XGC Casuals August 10th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

If the plumber tells me he's coming back this evening then I won't be there, if he says tomorrow, then I will be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Sry, can't make this.

Edit: Should be in

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

If Im there, it'll be 3:30 - 4:30 I think. Gonna give it a try anyway. See you guys there later hopefully. I'll bring some BB stuff too, just incase.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Be in in 40 mins or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Just home from Dublin now, didn't get to call in but I'm free Friday so if you guys are around I'll venture :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Ramza wrote: »
    Just home from Dublin now, didn't get to call in but I'm free Friday so if you guys are around I'll venture :)
    Come on Sunday.

Speedboat's back :)

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Come on Sunday.

Speedboat's back :)

Not on a Sunday man lol

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BourketheJerk

GGs today to everyone I played, was good casuals.

I'm also proud to be part of the biggest casuals thread I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Darachnid

GGs to all too. Well fun. :)

Although maybe next time we could rent another console or something? I was waiting 1hr to get a game at one stage, I know there was a bit of trouble with deposits at the end though, but it might be an idea? I'll def get AE on a stick for next time I show.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

GGs today to everyone I played, was good casuals.

I'm also proud to be part of the biggest casuals thread I've ever seen.

That's mostly from the blazblue crowd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

GGs to everyone,

Massive thanks to Doyler for giving me a lift home.

Massive Apologies for stranding Doyler and his lovely girlfriend in castleknock with no petrol and crap directions............... i feel awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Darachnid wrote: »
    GGs to all too. Well fun. :)

Although maybe next time we could rent another console or something? I was waiting 1hr to get a game at one stage, I know there was a bit of trouble with deposits at the end though, but it might be an idea? I'll def get AE on a stick for next time I show.

People often make this mistake the first few times at casuals. If someone has been on a machine for more than three or four games and you want to play, then just say it to them. If you don't say anything people will just keep playing.

Nobody will get annoyed if you ask them to give up the machine so you can play for a while.

GGs to everyone,

Massive thanks to Doyler for giving me a lift home.

Massive Apologies for stranding Doyler and his lovely girlfriend in castleknock with no petrol and crap directions............... i feel awful.
    Lmao, I should have went and shown him the way to Amarillo

Fair enough man, makes sense. At least I'll never be uneducated about the Honda/Sagat matchup... or Sagat vs *, if it ever comes up in a random street mugging type question or wherever.

*dark allyway surrounded by scumbags*;
    "#A Giv us yer wallet or, alternativly, #B In the instance of EX headbutt, which has more recovery: High tigershot or low?"
    "Ermm #B please Bob, low?"
    "Sound, be on yer way so."

Yeah nobody will have any problem whatsoever getting off the machine if you ask. Generally how it's done though sometimes we do best of 3 on some setups.

I noticed today there are too many stevens in this fgc...

Darachnid wrote: »
    Fair enough man, makes sense. At least I'll never be uneducated about the Honda/Sagat matchup... or Sagat vs *, if it ever comes up in a random street mugging type question or wherever.

*dark allyway surrounded by scumbags*;
    "#A Giv us yer wallet or, alternativly, #B In the instance of EX headbutt, which has more recovery: High tigershot or low?"
    "Ermm #B please Bob, low?"
    "Sound, be on yer way so."
    I'm really sorry. Once me and Stev0 play we both just get into it and its a good session usually. Next time just let us know.

The Hound wrote: »
    I'm really sorry. Once me and Stev0 play we both just get into it and its a good session usually. Next time just let us know.

Nah man, don't worry about it. I enjoy the athmosphere around (even if it was 40c+ in there haha)... seriously though, np. It reminds me of oldskool arcade buzz from years ago. And to think of the money/games ratio, it certainly beats the old days.

....and a good part of learning is watching people play too. I do watch a lot of replays/utube stuff. Watching hands is a good way too, people mashing crouch tech, option selects, hearing the distinct sound of a tick-throw *click* *click* *c-click*. It's all learning.

Watching hand movements/sounds are actually a handy sign that doesn't impart with online play. Getting aware about about that stuff is essential in casuals/tourneys imo. Start of the round; quick glance at stick position or fingers poised above buttons etc... and the way I play blanka I do do distinct hand movements, a lot of my gimmicks do make their own particular sound. Slide jab xx elec, hop elec etc... :)

Anyway...

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    I noticed today there are too many stevens in this fgc...

I know two more, I'll bring them next time. We can have a SuperSteveFighterIV tourny. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Team Steves vs Team Ciaráns, let's go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Team Steves vs Team Ciaráns, let's go!

We would actually have big ass teams

Me, you, that BB player and dreddy

As for the Stevens I don't know of any other then Stev0

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Dreddy and Kiki on the same team.

I'd watch that.

CloudRunner89 is a Stephen, as is Bourkenator, and Retrogamer though he hasn't been to anything in ages.

Lots of patricks and chrises too afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    CloudRunner89 is a Stephen, as is Bourkenator, and Retrogamer though he hasn't been to anything in ages.

3V3

Kiki, Myself and Dreddy VS Bourke, Stev0 and Cloud
    Winners get award for "Best team with the same name"

Get hype!

lol

I'm changing my name to Patrick

Nutrient wrote: »
    3V3

Kiki, Myself and Dreddy VS Bourke, Stev0 and Cloud
    Winners get award for "Best team with the same name"

Get hype!

lol

You lads should money match... or the irish equivalent, a sandwich match -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

I'm changing my name to Patrick

Sorry you're unwanted that club is full :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Come join the Kieran club.
    Much cooler place to be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Speedboat is a Stephen too? (I think...)

Advertisement