Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The hardest boss battle of all - time

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Batigol

I could never beat the final boss in Omikron:Nomad Soul. Similar to the above I guess there is a strategy or something to make it a piece of piss but I gave up.

Can't remember any other boss that I gave up on.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,873 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just remembered one! Firelord Leo from Viewtiful Joe. That guy was not only hard to figure out but a bitch to kill as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

last boss in rygar on the NES :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Magill wrote: »
    The newer ninja gaiden games are brutal tbh !
    Notorioux wrote: »
    Bosses in Ninja Gaiden games

I had the good sense to leave this alone after missing alot of college, my flatmate did not, he failed alot of college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Murai at the start of Ninja Gaiden. was a bastard to beat him on first playthrough. bit weird having the hardest boss fight (imo) at the start of the game :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    Maybe I'm just getting old but I'm finding the final boss in Batman Arkham Asylum to be a right PITA.
    Really? I found it a piece of piss compared to that bit where you're at the bottom of the elevator shaft, and there are masses of goons and a couple of titans to beat too, the enclosed space made it harder. Particularly on the hard difficulty where you didn't get the warning signals of attacks!
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Just remembered one! Firelord Leo from Viewtiful Joe. That guy was not only hard to figure out but a bitch to kill as well.
    He made me ragequit a few times and I never went back! Must dig it out and retry it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,873 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Murai at the start of Ninja Gaiden. was a bastard to beat him on first playthrough. bit weird having the hardest boss fight (imo) at the start of the game :/

If there's one thing it did do it was to teach you how to play the game properly :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,165 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I must have heard the pre-fight soundbite for him close to fifty times. Ughh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I was young when I played it but the 2 of the Ultimate weapons in FF7 were impossible for me, maybe I was just too impatiant.

The Dark Aeons in FF10 were also a kick in the nads.

Also I think the sniper battle on MGS3 on the hardest difficulty was tough for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭bugs

All the bosses in the final challenge room in vanquish.
    Its hard as nails just to unlock all the challenge rooms, but challenge 6 is damn near impossible. Will go back to it when i have a full day off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

If there's one thing it did do it was to teach you how to play the game properly :)
    talk about throwing ya in at the deep end though.

i must admit though, i was playing the NG Black edition, so eventually after dying about 10 times trying to kill him, i gave in and set it to Ninja Dog difficulty :o i blame being around 15 at the time and wanting to just get on with the game :pac:

don't think i've ever played a game with such a steep learning curve. probably why it makes it one of my favourite games (or i just need to find new games!)

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Regarding Emerald and Ruby weapon in FFVII, I beat them easily when by chance I noticed one of my characters max health capacity became 7777 at one point when I was changing around my materia set up. Marching into each fight with guaranteed lucky sevens = easy mode weapons. :)

I seem to recall putting a good bit of effort into beating the ultima and omega weapons in FFVIII, two optional bosses.

And, I beat the optional Iron Giant on FFIII DS. Pure grind fest for levels, no real strategy involved.

Funny how the only "hardest" bosses that I can think of that I've beaten are all from a series I rarely play. I actually can't think of any others, even though I'm sure there are.

I beat Leo on the PS2, but he might have been easier than the GC version. I don't remember very much about that boss except that I know I finished the game :(

Well I played Viewtiful Joe on Adults. I didn't even go near Kds difficulty because it was insultingly easier. I'd imagine he's much easier in kids mode because by the time I got to fire lord leo I had only a little more health than the starting health of kids mode.

I don't remember, but I almost never play easy mode. And given that the PS2 version was considered the easier version, I must have put it on the harder difficulty to compensate.

I occasionally play easy mode for games I've borrowed from friends, but never for stuff I've bought. I might have to dig out my memory card and figure this out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Each of the Final Fantasys in recent times had stupidly hard bosses

FF8 - Omega Weapon with a bazillion health
    FF9 - Ozma (most stupid looking boss ever)
    FF10 - Dark Aeons

Also I remember Seth in SFIV being ridiculously hard on anything other than easy. Even medium he was tough to beat.

A little apart from bosses, but felt like one due to the constant gruel....was the first level of Back to the Future 3 on the Megadrive. Basically had to memorise the whole level and get it inch perfect.

I managed to complete the game back then as a kid, probably through patience and because there were no savepoints, and you never had 20 games on the go at the same time. I tried it on an emulator recently, and turned it off after 10 minutes it was that hard and frustrating. I was angry a 18yr younger version of me was able to do it.

Anyone that found Seth tough should play an SNK game or Fight Gill from Street fighter 3 3rd strike.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Anyone that found Seth tough should play an SNK game or Fight Gill from Street fighter 3 3rd strike.

Or Hyper Fighting AI Zangief or Super Turbo AI T. Hawk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Gill from Street fighter 3 3rd strike.

-"I got him! I got him!"

-"Resurrection!"

-"Hold on, what?"

Gotta love these videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqgoKvUNH1A&feature=related

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    -"I got him! I got him!"

-"Resurrection!"

-"Hold on, what?"

Gotta love these videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqgoKvUNH1A&feature=related

Wow! I've never even played Street Fighter III (I spent half of that vid going "Who the hell are these guys?" Lol), and I'm still impressed!

deathrider wrote: »
    Wow! I've never even played Street Fighter III (I spent half of that vid going "Who the hell are these guys?" Lol), and I'm still impressed!

SF3 thrid strike is probably the best fighting game ever made. It's also got far and away the best 2D animation of any videogame ever. Lucky for you it's out on download soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

SF3 thrid strike is probably the best fighting game ever made. It's also got far and away the best 2D animation of any videogame ever. Lucky for you it's out on download soon.

Yeah, I've heard nothing but great things about it. And I've been waiting patiently for it's arrival on XBLA. Looking forward to playing this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Big Knox wrote: »
    Flamelurker and Man-Eater(s) from Demon's Souls deserve a mention... roll on Dark Souls and (hopefully) even harder bosses!!

shoot magic at them ;) killed them both on my second attempts :D

now the False King is a effing ****

Not strictly a boss, but I think some of the stages in Super Meat Boy could be considered. The bosses do actually take the form of a stage (which you have to get to the end of)

So, if it's fair to include it, it's say the optional stage "The Kid" is extremely difficult, and worthy of a mention. For something so short (technically possible in less than 2 minutes?), it took me at least an hour grinding it.

Seriously, much harder than it looks here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Not strictly a boss, but I think some of the stages in Super Meat Boy could be considered. The bosses do actually take the form of a stage (which you have to get to the end of)

So, if it's fair to include it, it's say the optional stage "The Kid" is extremely difficult, and worthy of a mention. For something so short (technically possible in less than 2 minutes?), it took me at least an hour grinding it.

Seriously, much harder than it looks here.

I can imagine me breaking my controller playing those few levels :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Magill wrote: »
    I can imagine me breaking my controller playing those few levels :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Would've been entertaining but for the bad voice over. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 BigEyeGuy

Grim Reaper in the first castlevania is a baby puncher

• Registered Users Posts: 23,116 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Isaac Frost. What a bastard.

Advertisement