Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Samoyed - dog or bitch??

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

She's completely non-food/toy aggressive, but is a little human, dog (and horse :eek:) possessive if that makes sense, gets a bit jealous of strangers paying too much attention to family members. There are a couple of dogs that visit and it basically always goes the same way, ignore both until they are acquainted and she very quickly claims any newcomer as a family member, no problem at all interacting with either after that, until the visitor's owner decides it's home-time that is, not so keen on new family members being kidnapped :rolleyes:

Hmmm... are you sure she's a westie?:p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

DBB wrote: »
    Hmmm... are you sure she's a westie?:p:D

Yes, she just had the full benefit of my unemployed status for the first year of her life, you end up with an extremely well balanced dog if you have nothing better to do with your time than donate it all to the cause :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

slookie wrote: »
    Ya I might have confused ye. The boxer cross dog is mine. But my sister in law next door has a female boxer, which she is planning to breed from, and she spends 50% of her time at mine, playing with my fella anyway. But she doesn't sleep at mine, if you get me. They get on great and never row. That's why I'm thinking another female into the mix might be better?

Why is your sister going to breed her boxer?

There seems to be a boxer in every shelter and pound in the country these days. Familys either get bored quickly so offload a "destructive" dog (their own doing) or vets bills become too much trouble for others.

Advertisement