Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap prepay android phone(samsung europa) 39€

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

When connected to usb its not showing up in any of the drives in my computer:(

edit: had to enable usb first but only have access to sd card but is there anyway of getting into the phones file system to add/delete or remove apps etc

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭brennra

should be getting the phone in the morning. whats the best website for getting it unlocked and are the websites safe enough for credit card details and all that?

brennra wrote: »
    should be getting the phone in the morning. whats the best website for getting it unlocked and are the websites safe enough for credit card details and all that?

The cheapest is fastgsm Unlock Samsung GT-i5500: $9.99 (€7) and a lot of the lads here have used it. You can pay through paypal so it very safe that way. Just unlocked mine tonight. Its quite simple and there is a video to guide you as well.

danjo-xx wrote: »
    The cheapest is fastgsm Unlock Samsung GT-i5500: $9.99 (€7) and a lot of the lads here have used it. You can pay through paypal so it very safe that way. Just unlocked mine tonight. Its quite simple and there is a video to guide you as well.

That one works okay? u didnt need to do the imei one below it? i dont have a pay pal acc cos i think they wont accept laser so will prob just get one of those 3v things

That one works okay? u didnt need to do the imei one below it? i dont have a pay pal acc cos i think they wont accept laser so will prob just get one of those 3v things

It works perfectly....don't mind the one below... imei europe only unless you want to do it that way.

• Advertisement

It works perfectly....don't mind the one below... imei europe only unless you want to do it that way.

awesome thanks! il be trying it tomorrow night so hopefully it will all go okay for me :D thanks for your help:)

awesome thanks! il be trying it tomorrow night so hopefully it will all go okay for me :D thanks for your help:)

Just look at the video a few times first because it can be a bit tricky.

There are two things you have to download and install first.

1. Drivers
    2. Samsung unlock Client.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 cookingmama

when you click on find address then address verified comes up.

thanks a lot!! hope to have mine soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 birdygirl

I had one of these phones a few months ago. If you buy this phone, remember to keep your receipt AND the packaging it came in. Just sayin'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Got mine an hour ago. Unlocked and working perfect on O2.

Thanks again OP!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

the 39e free credit is being withdrawn from accounts :(

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=73849412&postcount=27

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Well that's made up my mind for me, will def be unlocking the phone and using my o2 sim instead. They could have left us keep it, the meanies.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

lindtee wrote: »
    Well that's made up my mind for me, will def be unlocking the phone and using my o2 sim instead. They could have left us keep it, the meanies.

do they offer data packages? at what cost.

bleedin' Boards gave the game away! What happens if you've already spent some of it?

do they offer data packages? at what cost.
    700mb for €10 I think.

i blame the thread starter >_>

:D

I asked about that but he's not gotten back

Just checked my balance...a fiver. I still have the data add on. I'm guessing it was €5 for the mistake + €5 for registering - €5 addon = €5. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,906 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

You were probably the one that told the teacher if they gave the same homework twice! :D So Captain do you want my email address so you can send me what I've lost by PayPal like? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Ah well it was good while it lasted. And it was decent of Three to credit us all with €5. I'd spent a bit on calls and the data package already so it was still a nice freebie.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Yeah can't really complain, it was never advertised, only said on this thread by posters who got it. Very decent indeed to give free €5 credit though. Besides all the money they will have lost from the mistake then they give away more as an apology for it. Can't say I would've done the same in their position.

birdygirl wrote: »
    I had one of these phones a few months ago. If you buy this phone, remember to keep your receipt AND the packaging it came in. Just sayin'.

Saying what exactly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Anyone else spend loads of the free credit? :o I used it to ring my gf in the UK in an attempt to use it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,938 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Hope you didnt tell her that was the only reason you rang her :-o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Simi wrote: »
    Had a browse through the android development forum on xda & there's a very promising looking port of cyanogen mod 7.1 in active development :)

Samsung just hired cyanogen wonder will that be the end of it?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/08/16/cyanogen_hired_by_samsung/

Anyone overclocked theirs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

BanzaiBk wrote: »
    Anyone else spend loads of the free credit? :o I used it to ring my gf in the UK in an attempt to use it up.

I use the sim in an internet dongle for when I'm on holliers, very handy indeed.

Didn't like mine,

Gonna hold out with the trusty Nokia until iPhone 5. The screen is big enough but too small for txting with my big thumbs,
    especially after having an iPhone for years. Otherwise it was ok in most other departments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Didn't like mine,

Gonna hold out with the trusty Nokia until iPhone 5. The screen is big enough but too small for txting with my big thumbs,
    especially after having an iPhone for years. Otherwise it was ok in most other departments.

Try the free thick thumbs app.
    It worked for my trotters.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I bought one yesterday, and it has turned itself off three times now, even with battery over 50%.

Is there a setting i'm missing? :confused:

• Advertisement

mikom wrote: »
    Try the free thick thumbs app.
    It worked for my trotters.

Gone, guy from Adverts came for it this morning. Thanks for the heads up anyway!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement