Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Use your cloaking ability, shock grenade and run to a safe distance :P Also don't forget that your Assassin can specialize in Melee attacks! I also have a Nova Shield so when I get in trouble a Nova blasts obliterates enemies around me in the event I have nowhere to run :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I visited Lynchwood as part of a mission. I was level 20... that mission can wait :o Absolutely loving this game though. Improved everything I loved about the first one.

I'm now on a mission to get the rocket pods, the 2nd gun and then the double turret for my skills... I think I may need the level cap to be raised for it to be possible though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Is it me , or is half of Borderlands spent opening boxes for ammo you end up not needing ?

They should make boxes less available, but more ammo per box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Has anyone come across a weapon with a red name yet? I just got one there after killing
    bnk3r

Here is a screenshot of it. It is not a purple weapon as it is a different color when you look at them in inventory.

http://imgur.com/lR79S

I had no idea their was even red name guns in the game! Makes me think back on all the red items i may have left behind thinking it was health!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Are they not the
    E-tech guns? There was an early mission with a similar red name..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Limericks wrote: »
    Has anyone come across a weapon with a red name yet? I just got one there after killing
    bnk3r

Here is a screenshot of it. It is not a purple weapon as it is a different color when you look at them in inventory.

I had no idea their was even red name guns in the game! Makes me think back on all the red items i may have left behind thinking it was health!
    Pretty sure it's a Slag Weapon.
    Elemental damage comes in five different varieties:

Incendiary: Incendiary is a relatively weak element initially, but has the benefit of being able to set enemies on fire, for substantial damage over time. The initial burst can hit other enemies near the primary target, setting them on fire as well. This works great against all "fleshy" opponents, which are the majority of all enemies in the game, so long as those enemies are not heavily shielded. It is less effective against armored enemies, and quite ineffective against heavily shielded enemies.
    Corrosive: Corrosive is much like incendiary: weak initially, but has substantial damage over time and can hit nearby enemies in the initial burst. An enemy taking damage over time from corrosion will suffer bonus damage from any subsequent attacks. Corrosive damage is best used against armored enemies such as Crimson Lance mercenaries (but excluding Lance Chemical Troopers), the frontal plates of an Alpha Skag, or any vehicle or turret. It is less effective against flesh or any shielded enemy. Corrosive damage over time persists for longer than fire or shock. It can also spread between adjoining enemies.
    Shock: Shock will deplete an enemy's shield much more quickly than a normal bullet. Shock damage may also electrocute an enemy to deal damage over time. While it is extremely effective against shields it does slightly less damage to flesh. While loading screen tips state that this effect has a chance to stun the enemy, this effect is very brief. Shock effects tend to deal large amounts of damage in short amounts of time, where corrosive and incendiary damage is less powerful but sustains longer.
    Explosive: Explosive damage is excellent for dealing high amounts of damage immediately to the target and nearby enemies. It is the only element type that will not deal damage over time, and will not deal as much damage as an Incendiary weapon of the same level, but sacrifices that power to do all of its damage immediately. Explosive damage has an immediate area of effect and explosions can hit multiple nearby enemies at once, albeit quickly in one relatively large portion of damage. In Borderlands 2, explosive elemental damage is a signature property of Torgue's guns and is found on all such weapons.
    Slag: Slag coats enemies in a substance that increases damage to them while it is active. However, any other slag weapons do very little damage, so switch to another weapon as soon as possible. Slag weapons make excellent support weapons, especially in conjunction with high-powered Jakobs and Torgue weapons. Exclusive to Borderlands 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Limericks wrote: »
    bnk3r

Common 'auld purple muck , it goes white, green, blue, purple, orange..... I've only got 2 oranges after 30 hours of play ...... purple = epic , orange is legendary but seemingly there is a higher class of loot pearlescent but given the stats on the image you posted and the purple pistols I have found at level 24 I call you level +40 or full of it.

It's definitely not. Slagged weapons all have a Slag description at the bottom of the guns comments.

from the pic its caustic, 653 dmg for a pistol though ? Even on chapter 12 im picking up 120-300 purple pistols lvl 24. SO he has to be at least 10 lvls up on me

• Registered Users Posts: 38 neumie

Any word on a fix for the losing all bada** points issue? I have stopped playing for the last couple of days as I don't want to be hit by it.

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    Common 'auld purple muck , it goes white, green, blue, purple, orange..... I've only got 2 oranges after 30 hours of play ...... purple = epic , orange is legendary but seemingly there is a higher class of loot pearlescent but given the stats on the image you posted and the purple pistols I have found at level 24 I call you level +40 or full of it.

On the ground the beam of light was a very distinctive red like the health pickups. It also has a different hue in the inventory as seen below

http://i.imgur.com/lzbGX.jpg

For the record I am level 29 right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Its like the pink weapons above purple

Are they not the
    E-tech guns? There was an early mission with a similar red name..

You are right I believe :)

I will be looking at red items more often now!

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

I got Moxxi's
    Good Touch gun
    and my controller turned into a vibrator :eek:

Wow, Shift code for pc gone in less than 5 seconds. I had it copied and pasted as soon as it appeared on twitter and didn't get one. Crazy stuff!

Both XBOX and PS3 were gone sharpish as well. Disappointed, but meh, there will be more to come soon enough.

Should make it so that you can unlock them in-game after doing certain once off tasks.

Also, has anyone encountered the most annoying gun of all time yet?
    The Bane
    ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Never use Shotguns but got one last night 253x18!!!

Its mental one shotthing bad ass Gun Loaders, but as its borderlands i know in around 2 missions or so it will be useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Watched football and fell asleep before the codes came out. Would not have done it in 5 seconds though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Codes are of no use to me! I'm in work for the morning codes, and asleep for the evening (CST) codes. Hoping some unlimited use codes get released over the weekend (Pitchford hinted at timed codes; unlimited uses in 1 hour)...

I still have 1 key left, and am reluctant to use it until I'm about level 25. Would ideally always like to have 1 key spare.

Had a good session last night with 2 friends. I was L20, and in about 3 hours gaming didn't level up once, as host was L16. We did gamble the **** out of it in Moxxxi's though, resulting in copious amounts of Eridium :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I have three keys, 'cause I'm a greedy gob.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

5 Golden Keys redemption codes, that's mad.

I am level 18 now, and the weapons I got from the Golden Chest (when I accidently opened it at level 5), I am still using them now, they are savage.

Looks like there is gonna be 100k codes at the weekend, hopefully get another key. Have one at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

What do the Shift codes get you?

Foolishly had a go of this last night when I had other games to finish. They are now on the backburner while this gets finished.

Loving the audio in it, from the music to sounds effects and of course the great humor/banter.

I'm still in the starting area but currently a level 8 "Zero" using a sniper, pistol and melee combo. Got my ass handed to me early on by a few higher level
    Bullymongs
    but after leveling up and getting an improved rifle/pistol, I'm now breezing though them. I got over-confindent though and got killed just before I went to bed after being jumped (literally) by two level 7
    Badass Bullymongs!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Lvl 43 one gold key. Waiting till 50 to use

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

What do the Shift codes get you?

Golden Keys for the treasure chest in Sanctuary.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I opened my chest last night (hoping for something nice and corrosive) and just got some poxy purple grenades. I'm a flippin' assassin. Pfft.

Mr E wrote: »
    I opened my chest last night (hoping for something nice and corrosive) and just got some poxy purple grenades. I'm a flippin' assassin. Pfft.

I got a pretty sweet looking level 20 rocket launcher that does 7500 damage. Never ever use em though :/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

How do I use them on a single player 360 thats never been connected to the internet or is it possible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

I'm still in the southron shelf, and just finished up all side quests there. How many hours of gameplay (roughly) am I away from Sanctuary?

I'm still in the southron shelf, and just finished up all side quests there. How many hours of gameplay (roughly) am I away from Sanctuary?

On my 1st character I was 10 hours before I got there, on my second one when I knew where everything was and not wandering off to look in every corner, I got there in 3:30 or so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

calex71 wrote: »
    On my 1st character I was 10 hours before I got there, on my second one when I knew where everything was and not wandering off to look in every corner, I got there in 3:30 or so.

Thanks. I tend to want to explore every nook and cranny before i go further, so this could take a while :D

Advertisement