Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst to first, zero to hero

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

My prediction is no worst to first.

Hero to Zero though, the Bucs.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Scoobydooo

Falcons for me - solid O-Line and Bijan/Allgeier will run the hell out of it. Ridder should improve + some decent defensive additions should improve that side of the ball too. Weak division with Saints being their biggest challenger

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Hail Houston.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Quick look at 2024 Worst To First candidates, in reverse order of possibility. Obviously the draft and coaching changes could make everything different.

1. Carolina Panthers - 2-15 in NFC South. A weak division so in theory it wouldn't take a massive turnaround. Bryce Young has looked poor though, and no first rounder in the draft.
    2. Washington Commandeers - 4-13 NFC East. A division which always has a different winner gives hope, but seems a bit of a mess there at the moment. New head coach on way.
    3. New England Patriots - 4-13 AFC East. New head coach, questions over QB situation and a tough division. Would expect improvement but it's a 2/3 year project.
    4. LA Chargers - 5-12 AFC West. Another with a new head coach on way. Herbert should be better than this year, but hard to see them getting ahead of Kansas.
    5. Arizona Cardinals - 4-13 NFC West. Kyler Murray looked good on his mid-season return and they were competitive in a lot of games (5 one score defeats). Have an extra pick (Texans) in first round. 49ers hover over their winning chance though.
    6. Tennessee Titans - 6-11 AFC South. Yet another with a new head coach. But it's traditionally a tight and weak division (Texans may change that) so wouldn't be a massive shock.
    7. Chicago Bears - 7-10 NFC North. Were in the play-off mix until late in season, and don't seem too far behind Lions and Packers. Have lots of ammo in draft.
    8. Cincinnati Bengals - 9-8 AFC North. With a winning record they clearly are the standout, their season stymied by the Joe Burrow injury. With him back they can go close. Possible cap issues upcoming, their window may be closing after 2024.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Good summary Armani. I think the last two have the best chance.

The Chargers have serious ammo on offense but I think the Chiefs will sort out the wide receiver and left tackle issues over the off-season.

I don't rate Murray so can't see the Cards doing it with the niners, the Rams on an upward curve and you'd never know what you'll get from the Seahawks with a new head coach.

The Texans are on an upward curve and I think the Titans need a QB and Henry will be gone.

My own Patriots need two offensive tackles, an elite wide receiver, I hope we take Marvin Harrison jr. in the draft and may have QB issues but if they sort the tackles and take Harrison I think they could be dangerous. I'd give Jones another shot if they sort out what I mention above. This draft class is so deep at QB that somebody like Joe Milton in the later rounds might be worth picking up. He could be really good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement