Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heroes of Newerth is now free

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

im very tempted to write up a guide to hon

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

Is tidebringer in it? or sand king, mortred?

i want puck/bubbles!

Sand king is Magmus, Tidehunter is Kraken, Kunkka is Gladiator and mortred was not ported

I am on my smurf now for a game or two ( long day at work :3 ) add me on

notknown, if anyone wants a game/practise match

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

added, even though i am bad :p
    Jazzy wrote: »
    im very tempted to write up a guide to hon

http://www.cadred.org/News/Article/107898/

make a better one man!

added, even though i am bad :p

My smurf account has higher MMR than my main !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

okay, i am after my first HoN game. 57min game in fact.

i am even more confused then i was after tuturial...

shop interface couldnt be more confusing... i was like WTF?! Q W E R then plans?

i have no idea what sort of character i played and what was his role in game. some mummy thing or pharaon... i just biult him more in to hp and tanky side. then just buying recomended or luxury items? i am telling you that fecking shop confused the **** out of me.

everything is sooooo fast. at one stage it was 5v5. i threw my green ball of ****. charged in with my R, then Q, then W for my zombie wall? all over in 5 seconds, they all dead, we all alive... i was like: WTF happened?!

i can tell you i was prety good at traping my own team mates with zombie wall...

the speed of game is just very fast, i ussually cant even understand wtf are we doing, are we running or chasing lol. at one stage i was chasing someone and he was running away for a wile till he just turned back and went on me. then i started runing away lol.

i now understand what you all mean about quiting after first game. i am confused as ****!

okay, i am after my first HoN game. 57min game in fact.

i am even more confused then i was after tuturial...

shop interface couldnt be more confusing... i was like WTF?! Q W E R then plans?

i have no idea what sort of character i played and what was his role in game. some mummy thing or pharaon... i just biult him more in to hp and tanky side. then just buying recomended or luxury items? i am telling you that fecking shop confused the **** out of me.

everything is sooooo fast. at one stage it was 5v5. i threw my green ball of ****. charged in with my R, then Q, then W for my zombie wall? all over in 5 seconds, they all dead, we all alive... i was like: WTF happened?!

i can tell you i was prety good at traping my own team mates with zombie wall...

the speed of game is just very fast, i ussually cant even understand wtf are we doing, are we running or chasing lol. at one stage i was chasing someone and he was running away for a wile till he just turned back and went on me. then i started runing away lol.

i now understand what you all mean about quiting after first game. i am confused as ****!

Haha , Aye Pharoah is a great initator so you tank him up usually

Its very fast, much faster then team fights in LoL.

Its just a case of learning the items and heroes like in LoL, Core is what is reccommended and Luxury is if you get the farm you might pick them up , kind of situational.

GO_Bear wrote: »
    Haha , Aye Pharoah is a great initator so you tank him up usually

Its very fast, much faster then team fights in LoL.

Its just a case of learning the items and heroes like in LoL, Core is what is reccommended and Luxury is if you get the farm you might pick them up , kind of situational.

so recomendation items are solid then so? In lol recommended items are ussually for suicide spec.

i go to shower and might go for anather game to make people RAGE more!

so recomendation items are solid then so? In lol recommended items are ussually for suicide spec.

i go to shower and might go for anather game to make people RAGE more!

Add me if you want a game , notknown, i just set up the Boards TS server as well

No the reccommended items depends on situation / team make ups

When you first open the shop it opens a mini guide, if you can see, at the top of the guidethere is a drop down menu, anyone can make it and you can vote it up or down , so there are tons of mini guides with item / skill builds.

Add me if you want a game , notknown, i just set up the Boards TS server as well

No the reccommended items depends on situation / team make ups

When you first open the shop it opens a mini guide, if you can see, at the top of the guidethere is a drop down menu, anyone can make it and you can vote it up or down , so there are tons of mini guides with item / skill builds.

Cheers man. It will be awile until I log in. Fecking oc got array fault again so need to do a small diagnostics, which will take some time.

Ts you mean you got a channel in boards.ie for hon? Or separate server?

I have to warn you, I am totally **** in hon. Everything confuses me!

Funny enough I can call LoL = WoW and HoN = EQ2 so far. If you know what I mean.

• Advertisement

Cheers man. It will be awile until I log in. Fecking oc got array fault again so need to do a small diagnostics, which will take some time.

Ts you mean you got a channel in boards.ie for hon? Or separate server?

I have to warn you, I am totally **** in hon. Everything confuses me!

Funny enough I can call LoL = WoW and HoN = EQ2 so far. If you know what I mean.

The boards.ie teamspeak, guess we could use the "other" games :P

Its grand, it takes time to learn,

Just look at Tar Aldarion though, he has like 10 wins and one loss, dam smurfing pub stomper !

Just look at Tar Aldarion though, he has like 10 wins and one loss, dam smurfing pub stomper !

Wtf pub stomper means? I hear it constantly.

I finish work around 3-4. If nothing happens I will be able to go for a game or two if you are interested.

Wtf pub stomper means? I hear it constantly.

I finish work around 3-4. If nothing happens I will be able to go for a game or two if you are interested.

Playing as a team or Clan and destroying Public games.

I don't finish work till about 7 or 8 so maybe after that !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

haha! now if only i learned the game to back up my stats!
    played with somebody last night that had 15 apm and only bought starting items in an hour long game, he used his health potion 40 mins in, so that one didnt go well!

haha! now if only i learned the game to back up my stats!
    played with somebody last night that had 15 apm and only bought starting items in an hour long game, he used his health potion 40 mins in, so that one didnt go well!

I hope you carried that shiz.

The last game we had last night was quite good,

i might be on later tonight too. BigBadHarv = me

i might be on later tonight too. BigBadHarv = me

Ah cool, my verified account is Known and my basic is notKnown.

Think you added me of a smurf did you ? you have omgharv or something in the name ?

Ah cool, my verified account is Known and my basic is notKnown.

Think you added me of a smurf did you ? you have omgharv or something in the name ?

?
    nope. i just have the one account

edit - should i create a free account to play with you guys or you using verifieds ?

?

Ok got a random friend inv then

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

I'll try adding you guys, MysticMittens, add me or accept if you feel like showing me the ropes.

Would love to give the game a decent try.

• Advertisement

lets organize some night for ****s and giggles? proper time?

will be in a mates house tonight but i might play from there. gotta get my headset from him anyway

?

edit - should i create a free account to play with you guys or you using verifieds ?
    well for mmr games youll need a basic one to play with basic people, the no stats games we played for a laugh I could play with any account.

I'll try adding you guys, MysticMittens, add me or accept if you feel like showing me the ropes.

Would love to give the game a decent try.
    more irish people the better, good stuff to get somebody to show you as you will just get frustrated otherwise.
    I hope you carried that shiz.

The last game we had last night was quite good,
    3 v 5 victory one? that was amazing! no idea how we got away with that.
    shouldnt have played after you left was so tired and lost 2 badly with strike heh. then we got 10 on and played some fun games, went straight for kongor before creeps spawned :D

Did not get any requests yet ;o so ronery, except Tar !

Played a game with Blood hunter, I got fed, but I only asked of my team one thing, not to feed there zeyph, guess what , we lost :(

haha, a fed barathrum or whatever he is in this game is too strong, one ran into our fountain last night and was there for like 20 seconds! just tanking it and killing heroes

also GO_Bear is a name that always makes me laugh when i see it heh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Damn, now i want to re-install
    Addiction here i come :(

I went to team speak last night and no one was there. Only world of tanks freaks :).

So did one more game with pharo. Got called newb good few times. Almost all people were smurfs FFs. We won thought. I did good few grabs with my ulty too, which wiped the enemy team.

I am afraid to use anything else so far lol.

My ingame name shad0whearth ( with zero ). Add me, or let's organise some time for a game?

I went to team speak last night and no one was there. Only world of tanks freaks :).

So did one more game with pharo. Got called newb good few times. Almost all people were smurfs FFs. We won thought. I did good few grabs with my ulty too, which wiped the enemy team.

I am afraid to use anything else so far lol.

My ingame name shad0whearth ( with zero ). Add me, or let's organise some time for a game?

Aye sorry I was playing with some friends last night.

Keep playing Pharo ! He is a very powerful hero and an insta ban in almost all competitive matches ! All though he is hard to play to his full potential.

Some tips
    • Scout with your Global nuke before you ult
    • If you force attack the mummies in your mummy wall ( the same way you deny ) you will kill them in one hit allowing you to make an opening, everyone else has to hit them three times
    • Use this deny trick when being chased, to put up the mummy wall in a choke point, deny a mummy and continue on while the enemy team is stuck on the other side :p
    • Your first skill Hellfire mini stuns all around you and can cancel attack animations or channeling spells
    • Your Mummy wall pushes away enemies on the outside who try to get near, it also drains a lot of mana from them when they get pushed !!
    • If you are being ganked, you can hook into neutral or lane creeps to try escape
    • If you build Staff of the Master ( only a very very luxury item ) it boosts your ultimate so you can hook every 20 seconds, but also you can hook to friendly to escape

The ingame guides are usually fine in the beginning but this little set of guides is also quite nice if you want to read on a hero quickly before you pick it Prodex

Aye we must organize a night when we can get 5 people or 10 and do team matching making or play some practice scrims ! I look forward to facing Jazzy mid :p

that vent i use is available to all and often has hon on it, so does another irish vent. the games where we got 10 the other night were amazing, great fun

i see hon offered 350000 or more to be in IEM and LoL have outbid them , lmao

• Advertisement

i see hon offered 350000 or more to be in IEM and LoL have outbid them , lmao

Seems a bit silly for HoN to bid that when competitions normally don't go that high anyways.

Advertisement