Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Come Dine With Me Ireland - Galway

Options
  • 29-07-2011 11:59am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭

TV3 are screening this 1-5 August @ 9pm with episodes having been shot earlier this year. The contestants are:
    Canadian-born Bruce Henry, grandmother Mary Murphy, psychotherapist Peter O'Neill, comedian Danny Dowling and nurse Lisa Mulholland.

Does anyone know them? Will they make for good viewing, can they cook?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 204 ✭✭GuessWho2009

I know mary murphy, seen a tv add of another guy slagging her off. should be good even though dont think her night of cooking went the best

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Blinking_Badger

Can't wait to see this tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,387 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Know one of the contestants too. Should be craic!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Lisa is Aoife Mulholland's sister isn't she? Looking forward to seeing it, I've been enjoying the Irish series so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Ha, will be watching this alright! I don't know any of them (at least I think I don't!), although I've met Lisa's sister Aoife a few times. Should be a good laugh anyway :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I can picture the opening sequence..
    This week we're in Galway, famed for its __________ and fantastic ________.
    What five things/sights is Galway most famous for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭beagle001

Any bets there is a bottle of buckfast thrown into the mix

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

None.
    They'll all be shopping in McCambridges or Mortons or Terryland Fruit&Veg :cool:

snubbleste wrote: »
    They'll all be shopping in McCambridges or Mortons or Terryland Fruit&Veg :cool:

Not if the first guy is anything to go by!

Seán Costello as the entertainment next week?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Feeded

I know it's a bit premature but does anyone feel that it's going to be hard to beat the Limerick gang. . . I really laughed during that week. . Not laughing since then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Other than Cork the cooking for the Irish shows has looked pretty paltry compared to the English version. I think the show is more interested in interesting characters than wannabe foodies.

Last night was pretty good and looks like a good gang. Hope they do Galway proud!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

First time ive laughed since the Limerick one, last weeks Waterford one was dire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Probably not fair to say, but when I saw the lad irish-dancing on the plywood, it reminded me of the Father Ted episode where they were all stuck in the caravan.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Those dancers dance down on the An Pucan on foster street.

Oh God the French tonight! LOL!

State of her roast as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

This show would be useless without the narrator, when he shouted pate brick and kept calling the woman's turkey dry was brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Missed last night, quite enjoyed tonight,as said above, the Narrator is what makes it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

You can watch it on tv3.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Woefully boring bunch of agreeable people. Food was muck tonight too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

nobody speaking with a heavy Galway accent either, unlike the Limerick one.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Fuinseog wrote: »
    nobody speaking with a heavy Galway accent either, unlike the Limerick one.

do you mean leitirmor-esque heavy? or is there a generic heavy galway accent that you're referring to? (curious about what you're getting at, not looking to debate accents)

Mactard wrote: »
    do you mean leitirmor-esque heavy? or is there a generic heavy galway accent that you're referring to? (curious about what you're getting at, not looking to debate accents)
    Hes talking about the classic old Mervue/ Shantalla/Claddagh accent.

Mactard wrote: »

all the guys are non nationals, which reflects the cosmopolitan nature of the city, but also that male Galwegians did not apparently wish to take part. it just does not feel as native as the other episodes from around the country.
    it would have been nice to hear a little mervue, shantalla or even G4.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Fuinseog wrote: »
    all the guys are non nationals, which reflects the cosmopolitan nature of the city, but also that male Galwegians did not apparently wish to take part. it just does not feel as native as the other episodes from around the country.
    it would have been nice to hear a little mervue, shantalla or even G4.
    129112310439552175.jpg

Do we have to get bogged down in Blow Ins, the correct pronunciation of Schnack box after 12 pints and the starting lineup of the 3-in-a-row football team and rejoice that we live in a pleasant city, and not Limerick? Or Waterford.

Back on topic, the Galway lot seem less inclined to tear each other to shreds as those in previous weeks. I'm not sure what that beef did last night to deserve that kind of punishment but I'd imagine it's now a hazard to shipping.

Robbo wrote: »
    129112310439552175.jpg

Do we have to get bogged down in Blow Ins, the correct pronunciation of Schnack box after 12 pints and the starting lineup of the 3-in-a-row football team and rejoice that we live in a pleasant city, and not Limerick? Or Waterford.

Back on topic, the Galway lot seem less inclined to tear each other to shreds as those in previous weeks. I'm not sure what that beef did last night to deserve that kind of punishment but I'd imagine it's now a hazard to shipping.
    Shouldn't use the fine name of beef in relation to the cement block which was served.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭celty

Watched the first night out of curiosity. Won't be watching any more. Can't believe the people watch that shiiiiiiiite (in my best Shantla accent).

Life is too short to spend two and a half hours watching talentless wannabees try to outdo each other for 15 minutes of fame and a €1,000 prize.

I'm probably just a cranky sod, but I can't stand this type of 'reality' television. Whose reality? It's just a bunch of TV3 twats looking for the lowest common denominator to keep the masses entertained.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,387 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Is it just me or are the Irish CDWM's way more about the personalities and the narration than the food? I remember some actual cooking in the old ones, and food that you'd want to eat! So far there is *nothing* appetising at all!!

celty wrote: »
    Watched the first night out of curiosity. Won't be watching any more. Can't believe the people watch that shiiiiiiiite (in my best Shantla accent).

Life is too short to spend two and a half hours watching talentless wannabees try to outdo each other for 15 minutes of fame and a €1,000 prize.

I'm probably just a cranky sod, but I can't stand this type of 'reality' television. Whose reality? It's just a bunch of TV3 twats looking for the lowest common denominator to keep the masses entertained.

the Galway one is pure mundane. The Limerick one was funny.

• Advertisement

inisboffin wrote: »
    Is it just me or are the Irish CDWM's way more about the personalities and the narration than the food? I remember some actual cooking in the old ones, and food that you'd want to eat! So far there is *nothing* appetising at all!!

I think you were watching a different programme!

I think the Galway one has been great fun so far. I get what you're saying celty though, I feel like that about GAA.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement