Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was your First Game Console?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Atari 2600, Ikari warriors and Asteroids. Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

PSX/PS1
    A Gameboy! I loved it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Atari Jaguar
    Biggins wrote: »
    ZX81 Sinclair

Same here.

I find the idea that an N 64 was someone's first game system to be, i don't know why, but funny. It's like someones first lay being Monica Belluci after starting out with a Sinclair.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,280 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Worst poll ever. There were consoles before you were born OP :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Atari Jaguar
    Whoever made this poll is a lot younger than I am!

It was a Comodore 64. Top of the range! Game cartridges were tape cassettes!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Wot no Binatone.

You had to have played tennis, football and shooting on a binatone to appreciate just how brilliant the N64 was.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Atari Jaguar
    Still have a phone that's got Snake too :)

Was actually offered an Xbox on the cheap from a guy leaving here when I moved in, but wasnt bothered. Its probably just Nostalgia for me.

Sorry now! A phone that has snake, I got one of those when I was about 16!

And an Xbox is classic nostalgia?

Get out of bed, you'll be late for daycare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Atari Jaguar
    why only the newer consoles?
    think my first one was the pong console from 1975 but it was teh speccy zx48 that was the real first one as the pong console only played pong

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Atari Jaguar
    The twenty six hundred from At-ar-i.

(I even remeber the advertising jingle!)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭katharinewheel

Atari Jaguar
    A NES, with Isolated Warrior and Super Mario 2.

My dad got it for me at Christmas when it was right at the end of its run and point blank refused to buy me more games for it as they were, quote "too expensive". One day, around 2 or 3 years, later we stumbled upon a heap of NES games reduced to £1 or less in Comet. After literally begging for hours, he agreed to buy me two games, and he chose them, (the two cheapest at 35p each). I never even got to chose even one game for the goddam thing and my parents would always give out to me for never using it. (I had finished the 4 games he got me numerous times, and all the friends that had a NES and long since upgraded to SNES's or Megadrives, my borrowing options were severely limited.) I packed it up, in the original package (games in original boxes and all) and stuffed it in back of my wardrobe.

When we were moving to Ireland from London, my parents told us we were only allowed to bring one toy each. I picked a bunch a teddies I'd had since I was a baby so the NES was left behind. It absolutely killed me to watch my parents give my mint in the box NES away to their terror of a Godson who instantly opened it up, jumped on the box and smashed it.

I still can't/won't forgive them for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Atari Jaguar
    Wow, the options available in this poll make me feel old!

Mine was an Atari 7800. Multiplayer asteroids was awesome....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

PSX/PS1
    A Gameboy.
    Next, the 360. I missed out on a few decades of console gaming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Atari Jaguar
    LighterGuy wrote: »
    want another trip?

Used on so many C64 games.

heh, I've actually got that on Video. Watched it last back in May.

I miss the ole C64. :(

It was great the way you could copy games if you had a twin cassette player.

screw P2P man!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Atari Jaguar
    NES in about 1990/1991 then got a MegaDrive II then got a PS1, PS2, PS3.

Thats my console history.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭macman2010

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Sega master system here. I'm 21 so was a bit late to the party when I got that, but it was good fun. Alex the kid, some memories.

After that, gameboy, n64, ps2, gamecube, Xbox, Wii, 360. And I'd consider myself a pc gamer :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Atari Jaguar
    Had an Atari and a Commadore...my dad used the Commadore 64 for Word Processing and my cousin gave us his Atari when he went to college

Atari Jaguar
    A NES, with Isolated Warrior and Super Mario 2.

My dad got it for me at Christmas when it was right at the end of its run and point blank refused to buy me more games for it as they were, quote "too expensive". One day, around 2 or 3 years, later we stumbled upon a heap of NES games reduced to £1 or less in Comet. After literally begging for hours, he agreed to buy me two games, and he chose them, (the two cheapest at 35p each). I never even got to chose even one game for the goddam thing and my parents would always give out to me for never using it. (I had finished the 4 games he got me numerous times, and all the friends that had a NES and long since upgraded to SNES's or Megadrives, my borrowing options were severely limited.) I packed it up, in the original package (games in original boxes and all) and stuffed it in back of my wardrobe.

When we were moving to Ireland from London, my parents told us we were only allowed to bring one toy each. I picked a bunch a teddies I'd had since I was a baby so the NES was left behind. It absolutely killed me to watch my parents give my mint in the box NES away to their terror of a Godson who instantly opened it up, jumped on the box and smashed it.

I still can't/won't forgive them for that.

You dad sound like a........nice man.....

Atari Jaguar
    I'm wondering if the guy that selected Atari Jaguar actually had one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

NES with the Mario/Duck Hunt combi cartridge and the good aul zapper(which to be fair was pretty ahead of it's time). I think Santa also brought a Metal Gear type game that year too,possibly called Metal Gear actually.
    Then I had a couple of SNES's and Gameboys,Amstrad 464+,Gamecube,N64 before switching to Sony with the launch of the PS1,PS2and PS3.
    Funnily enough,one of my all time favourite games is RC ProAm either on the NES or SNES,can't remember!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Atari Jaguar
    Atari 2600

Hours playing Real Soccer, these modern soccer games don't hold a patch on it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Amstrad 6128+ bought for £300 in 1990. :eek:

Burnin' Rubber!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

foxyboxer wrote: »
    Amstrad 6128+ bought for £300 in 1990. :eek:

Burnin' Rubber!

The game that never ends...

My first console/computer was the Amstrad too, which still powers up but hasn't worked properly since I connected it to our phone line - thinking I could get the World Wide Web going on it.

Next up was the great Sega Mega Drive, then Playstation 1, then 2, then Xbox 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

GameBoy
    Sega Megadrive:cool:

used to play a game called Megalomania for hours

Atari Jaguar
    BBDBB wrote: »
    used to play a game called Megalomania for hours

It's ergonomically teriffic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Atari Jaguar
    Worst poll choices ever.

Atari Jaguar
    RasTa wrote: »
    Worst poll choices ever.

That's what happens when 90's kids start a poll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Atari Jaguar
    Firs thing I ever played games on was Atari 800 XL with the attached tape player... :)

First console was the SNES.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Worztron

Atari Jaguar
    I selected 'Other'. My first video game console was the NES. :pac:

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Advertisement