Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urban Sea's New Betting Log

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Thanks D. Nice to have one or two winners again. Raging about Rimth,would have been nice to at least get a place.
    Ah well.

Profit:415

UrbanSea wrote: »

Profit:415

In two days :)

Well done :cool:

Thanks James.
    Will probably be halved by the end of racing tomorrow :pac:

Sentry Duty 2.35 Goodwood 20/1
    9 year old high class hurdler for Nicky Henderson who was third in this race last year off the same mark. Has had two runs on the flat this year,neither of which were awe inspiring,where he was tailed off in the Chester Cup but is surely better than that,before a respectable run in a listed race last time out at the start of the month.
    However,goes well at the track and is unexposed over this trip,having placed and won over 14 furlongs on his only two tries. Needs to step up on recent form but the booking of Fallon is certainly a positive.

Stake:10 each way

Quasi Congaree 40/1 5 places Boyles
    Probably the hardest race of the day but looks overpriced here in an ultra competitive handicap. Comes in at the foot of the weights carrying just 8-7 and this will be the hardest race he's ran in but has been in good form of late. He has the same mark of 75 as last time out where he was beaten a short head in a Newmarket handicap and was a close up forth at Kempton before that. The handicapper had been generous in dropping him from 79 before that. Has a course and distance win to his name off a mark of 70. A long shot but should outrun his odds.

Stake:15 each way

• Advertisement

I won't know until tomorrow if this fella is running as he's a reserve,so won't bother doing a write up.

Toufan Express 4.00 Galway 20/1
    Stake:25 each way

Tempted to back Magnetic Force in the 5 o'clock at Galway.
    16 runners atm,what are the odds there'll be a non runner. :rolleyes:

Tempted to back Magnetic Force in the 5 o'clock at Galway.
    16 runners atm,what are the odds there'll be a non runner. :rolleyes:

Defo one for Betfair place SP me thinks :)

Thanks James hadn't thought of that. Don't know if I fancy it too much anymore but I'll see how my others do.

Look Left 4.25 Doncaster 3/1

Said I'd back this fella in the hope of a return as the other ones I've backed are unlikely to yield any winners. First time out for this colt by Observatory out of a Nashwan mare,unsurprisingly well bred for a Juddmonte runner. A couple of withdrawals have made this maiden seem very oridnary and can't have the favourite at its current price at all. Market vibes are positive and Gosden's horses always have to be respected in these races.

Stake:50 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Quasi Congaree 40/1 5 places Boyles
    Probably the hardest race of the day but looks overpriced here in an ultra competitive handicap. Comes in at the foot of the weights carrying just 8-7 and this will be the hardest race he's ran in but has been in good form of late. He has the same mark of 75 as last time out where he was beaten a short head in a Newmarket handicap and was a close up forth at Kempton before that. The handicapper had been generous in dropping him from 79 before that. Has a course and distance win to his name off a mark of 70. A long shot but should outrun his odds.

I was bet into that horse over the winter. Tempting price, good luck with him.

I'm so hung over

• Advertisement

Thanks Nulty.
    Did you hit the town

Edit:No luck with the first.Hardly surprising.

The town hit me. Went to the Stone Roses Experience. Deadly gig, their last ever show. Slept on the couch, haven't moved yet, probably won't.

That was disappointing, thunderball never in it. Quasi ran well from what i can make out

Get a fry or a chinese that'll sort you out. I didn't see the race,just had the BF prices up, at work so couldn't see the video.

Not a bad day.
    Toufan Express didn't get in so up 100 on the day after Look Left won.

Profit:515

Hen Night 3.45 Cork 14/1

Tough and genuine filly with only three wins to her name but probably deserves more. She always gives a good account of herself,with her last win coming in this race last year. Has been contesting some group 1 races and showing herself well,including when a four lengths forth to Lille Langtry in the Matron Stakes last back end.Has been slightly disappointing this year in two runs,but hasn't necessarily ran a stinker but she'll need to step up on her last run,when she finished 4 lengths behind Barack who she faces again tomorrow. She seems more genuine than him and could go well in the race which is full of mostly exposed fillies.

Sparkling Tara 2.50 Galway 7/1

Caught my eye last night when looking through the cards. Won on its handicap debut at Limerick over two and a half miles off a six pound lower mark at the start of July,before being a beaten favourite earlier on in the week when finishing fifth,beaten around 13 lengths. However,what caught my eye is that the trainer seems to target this race. Won it for two years in a row before having a second placed horse last year.There was money for it the last day and it could well be that this race was the plan for the horse aswell.

Stake:50

No good today.
    Ah well,few beers will help that.

Profit:435

Shake The Bucket 3/1 5.50 Naas

A winning pointer who showed good form on his hurdling debut in a novice event at Bellewstown last time out,beaten a length by a horse who ran well in a better race at Galway.
    Step up in trip in his favour and should go well.

Hugely backed into 11/8 and no good

No time to write up.

Humiliation 7.20 Sligo 10/1

• Advertisement

Tough As Nails 4.05 Curragh 12/1

Tough race to call with plenty of top looking unexposed two year olds. This colt has form to match the best of them,having been disqualified after winning on debut he smashed the field in a 5 furlong maiden at Tipperary before bettering that form when beaten a short head by Power in a Listed race over 5 furlongs(pair clear of a subsequent group 3 winning filly). Was an unlucky in running second behind Lilbourne Lad,who like Power he meets today,when running in the Railyway Stakes. Has good form and is the value pick of the race.
    Stake:25 each way
    Profit:305

Was 2.05 Curragh 7/2
    Too big to ignore,most expensive yearling by Galileo ever. Host of group 1 entries suggests she's well thought of and Ballydoyle in good form. Small bet for the interest.I've just seen Purple is being backed off the boards now,will probably hack up knowing the yard.

Stake:20

Was wins very well at 9/2

Profit:395

Covers any other bets for today anyway.

Tough as Nails placed.
    Not a bad day in all.

Profit:495

Pride and Joy 4.15 Wolverhampton 3/1

Comes into this race off a mark of 77 following a close up fifth(beaten a length and a half) in a hot nursery at Goodwood,but didn't have a clear run. Has shown good form,including a second on his debut at Newmarket and readily won his maiden at Brighton two starts ago. Comes into this easier grade with the same mark as last time and big run expected.

Gaul Wood 2.45 Wolverhampton 6/1

Hard to call this maiden but Dascombe's juvenieles are in good form this season and this lad is a nicely bred colt by Amadeus Wolf who's made a nice start to his career at stud. Favourite could be vulnerable but excuses can be made for his below par effort at Brighton but this has a solid each way chance I think.

Stake:20 each way

Pride and Joy 4.15 Wolverhampton 3/1

Well placed. At least a length better than the winning distance

Gaul Wood beaten a neck by a 100/1 shot. Pride and Joy well backed into 2/1 and wins.

Profit:649

Thanks Iain.

Boss's Destination 4.00 Ayr 12/1

Competitive staying handicap. This horse has had two runs this season and has ran well both starts,firstly over ten furlongs at Hamilton when beaten about seven lengths off a mark of 74. Seemed to appreciate the step up in trip last time out over today's course and distance when he ran well to finish a close up fifth but just tired at the end. With those two runs under his belt and dropped to a mark of 72 he should run well,and better must have been expected last time out as he was backed in to 4/1 favourite. Seems a decent each way bet

• Advertisement

Bernisdale 2.15 Newton Abbott 9/2

Was no better than average on the flat,but saying that,showed much improvement when winning a pair of sellers last two runs,with the last one demolishing the field when winning by an unchallenged 16 lenghts. This looks a weak enough race to introduce her to hurdling and she recieves a stone from the favourite who looks like he can be taken on. Also a half sister to a winning hurdler and is an interesting recruit.

Stake:40 euro

Advertisement