Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urban Sea's New Betting Log

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Ouch! That is some sick ****!

Gotta be on top of the tracker! I missed a couple recently simply down to forgetting to put the bet on on the day. It's not enough to tell me a day or two in advance - I need to be reminded on the day too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I only have one other in it at the minute,White Star Line which goes at the weekend. Not going to ignore this one.

High Kings 3.55 Clonmel 12/1 Ladbrokes

Jockey and trainer combination caught my eye along with the fact that it's owned by Gigginstown. Has had one start to date,and that was in a maiden hurdle at Galway last month on heavy going when he finished tenth,beaten around 27 lengths. However,he showed up well for a long way that day until his inexperience,ground and lack of a previous run showed. However,I often find backing horses having previously ran in a maiden hurdle stepping back to a bumper race such as today can yield some healthy results. Plenty of money for him too and is definitely interesting.

Stake:20each way

You'd need to be Zarkava to miss the break and win over 5 furlongs.

High Kings beaten 93 lengths.

Loss:242.5

I haven't been here in a while,don't have any money of late so will continue with the virtual bank for the time being.

Wymott 3.10 Newbury 10/1

I really fancied Wayward Prince for the RSA and had him backed each way ante post but Wymott was my biggest worry going into the race. Wymott hasn't ran since he pulled up in the RSA as an 11/1 chance but reportedly had a small fracture and is said to be working very well. He was a smart hurdler,winning a grade 2 over 3 miles (had Wayward Prince a length back in second) off level weights. Wymott had previously been unbeaten in 3 starts over fences,albeit in small fields novice chases but he didn't put a foot wrong once. I'd fancy Wayward Prince above him but as a result of his 3rd in the RSA he's giving Wymott six pounds,and quite fancy this one each way. Dangers include Michel le Bon,who looked a star in the making when destroying a small field in his last race,a grade 2 novice chase at this course,although his absence of around 2 years is an obvious concern.

Stake:10 each way

• Advertisement

Just a small one in the next

Empire Levant 2.05 Newbury 11/4

Goes unpenalised today after a his come back run the other day where he won by the guts of 30 lengths. Was very well backed then and has good claims off the same mark as it was a conditional race under a top claimer.This is a harder race though.

Stake:10 euro

Only second,I should have known better than to choose Ruby's stablemate

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

he did go off fav, the winner was giving some weight, unlucky

Thanks 6,no harm, still ran well the pair were nicely clear

Wymott sixth,with 5 places being paid. Typical

• Advertisement

Troytown Handicap Chase 2.20 Navan

There are three interesting runners for me that I'll stake 5 each way on:

Kakagh 40/1
    Ainama 22/1
    Stonemaster 16/1

Kakagh is a horse I've been following for a while now,ever since he won his novice chase at the start of last season. Contested some decent novice races without landing much of a blow,but is in good heart this season and won a steeplechase at Clonmel last month before being a beaten favourite. However,I said that I fancied him for a big handicap this year. Not sure about the 3 mile trip,I thought he was more of a 2 and a half or 2mile 6 horse but still think he's interesting.

Ainama has a similar concern over the trip but ran a nice race over 2 mile 6 at Galway when winning a minor chase race. He looks well treated on hurdles form(he was smart,upward on 140)

Stonemaster looks a decent bet today,his chase rating is only 119 even though he has some pretty consistent form,but isn't one you'd want to take short odds about as he doesn't have a tendency to get his head in front. That said he was rated 30 pounds higher over hurdles and could go well

Fahamore 12.55 Wexford 3/1

This price seems big. Has had two runs over hurdles to date,a promising debut when he was third at Sligo,beaten around a dozen lengths but travelled well for a long way. Returned from a break last month to finish a close up forth at Down Royal. This race appears to lack any real strength in depth and he should be involved here. The favourite from Gigginstown looks ridiculously short on what he has achieved.

Stake:30

No joy,I really need to start looking harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Thynetocatcher 7.05 Roscommon 7/1

Looks like it'll be hard to beat the odds on favourite but I'd rather take a chance with this mare each way. She's a winning pointer on heavy ground and won a bumper over 2 miles2 at Gorwan in good style before being highly tried in an Aintree bumper. Step up in trip is sure to suit and should go well.

Stake:20 each way

Tell me you had him in your tracker!

Wins at 25/1 today in the last at Navan.

Advertisement