We have updated our Privacy Notice, you can read the updated document here
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Electronic Cigarettes - An Introduction, FAQs, links and other helpful info.

2

Comments

  • #2


    Gonna give this vaping craic a go.. Bought the twin Redux Starter Kit from Vaperus today with T juice UK smokes liquid. The main reason for trying this is to rid myself of them ****in horrible fags. My catch is that i can kind of control myself during the week and avoid them but as soon as i touch a pint at the weekend, that's it, 10 to 20 smoked in a couple of hours. How are people finding these while having the few scoops?


  • #2


    Gonna give this vaping craic a go.. Bought the twin Redux Starter Kit from Vaperus today with T juice UK smokes liquid. The main reason for trying this is to rid myself of them ****in horrible fags. My catch is that i can kind of control myself during the week and avoid them but as soon as i touch a pint at the weekend, that's it, 10 to 20 smoked in a couple of hours. How are people finding these while having the few scoops?

    Good start, as to vaping with drink on-board?
    I find that I vape a lot more if I'm drinking to the point whare I now use a low nic juice 3mg (I mix my own so can adjust the nic % to suit). If I didn't do this I'd have a head on me like a bear who repeatedly bumped into a tree.
    Then again I like vaping and when drinking I like vaping a lot :)


  • #2


    Gonna give this vaping craic a go.. Bought the twin Redux Starter Kit from Vaperus today with T juice UK smokes liquid. The main reason for trying this is to rid myself of them ****in horrible fags. My catch is that i can kind of control myself during the week and avoid them but as soon as i touch a pint at the weekend, that's it, 10 to 20 smoked in a couple of hours. How are people finding these while having the few scoops?

    Good luck on entering a fag-free life.
    You may well find, like myself, that vaping is a replacement for smokes even when out on the raz.


  • #2


    I find my nicotine craving goes trough the roof when Im drinking, if you can try and get comfortable using your kit before you go drinking so you dont end up back on the fags, good luck.


  • #2


    Cheers Lads.. Never really thought about the consequences of over-doing the vape. I suppose I'll have a sore head for the first few morning afters so. Ah, It'll be worth it. Can't wait to try it out at this stage..


  • #2


    The switch made my hangovers much less severe the moment I traded up.

    I upped the nic to stop the constant vaping as well, depends on whether you want vape constantly or sporadically I suppose.


  • #2


    The less it's used the better but I know I'll be like a fairly experienced prostitute sucking the life out of it for the first few nights regardless of the strength. An 11mg is on the way so might throw an order in for the 3mg just in case.


  • #2


    Dont think you can buy 3mg, but you could get 0mg and dilute it down.


  • #2


    11mg is weak-ish, I wouldn't worry about getting the shakes or any ill effects from that apart from that first couple of times without all the other cigalicious stuff maybe. That can be panicky if you're of that persuasion.


  • #2


    Your right.. had a quick look around again and all the 3mg options are sayin product not available. I did see the 0mg so might get that. The 11mg should be fine(ish) anyway considering that's what are in the smokes anyway. Just remembered there though that i tried a nicotine patch from a friend a while back and it Wrecked me. I wasn't far off passing out, barely had the energy to get the patch off.. so ya, maybe i will take it handy after all.


  • #2


    Yup, over did it wed night and felt like a thrown down dog all day thurs. At least i made it through a few beers without a smoke though. It could be the first time I've done that so that's good news. Trouble is now i can't find a 0mg tobacco flavor liquid, the lowest i can find is 11mg so i want to dilute it down to maybe half that and give it a go. I've seen a couple of 0mg cigar flavor but think that could be a bit harsh. Does anyone know of any good liquid?


  • #2


    Unless you contact a vendor looking for an own brand no nic, I know wing nuts used to do them on request.


  • #2


    Ovale have zero nic tobacco flavours. Can order from site or walk in store in Dublin 2 (and now Bray I think too!)

    EDIT: Feel like I'm shilling them at this point, but they've been really cool for a grump like me who prefers to walk in and mess with things!


  • #2


    Hi Everyone! :) I am a 41 year old female from Dublin. I'm on my 4th day off the cigs! I've been vaping the last 4 days and I've been really enjoying it. I was a smoker for 26 years and I'm delighted that I've quit at last!

    I bought my e-cig from an Irish site. I got a started kit. Inside was 2 eGo K, 2 tanks a charger and a case. I got the whole lot for €42 which seems like good value. Then yesterday I got 2 Kanger MT3 tanks and I'm really liking those!

    Vaping is really new to me, its kind'a hard starting off. There are so many different things with different names. It can get very confusing. I am delighted to have found this thread! I'm gonna sit back now and read it from start to finish. Its really handy to have all this info in the same place.

    I'm really interested in reading more about Mods. They look amazing, but they seem madly expensive! I saw one that cost €300 when you added up all the bits that go with it. I wanna learn about voltage. I don't understand what differance volatage makes to vaping? I'm guessing it makes a big difference otherwise people wouldn't spend so much money on Mods.

    For now I am happy with my eGo, but I know that in time i will want to upgrade. I'm gonna sit back, vap and read every inch of this thread!

    I'm sure I'll get to talk to some of you soon! Later Gator! :)


  • #2


    Gillian72 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone! :) I am a 41 year old female from Dublin. I'm on my 4th day off the cigs! I've been vaping the last 4 days and I've been really enjoying it. I was a smoker for 26 years and I'm delighted that I've quit at last!

    I bought my e-cig from an Irish site. I got a started kit. Inside was 2 eGo K, 2 tanks a charger and a case. I got the whole lot for €42 which seems like good value. Then yesterday I got 2 Kanger MT3 tanks and I'm really liking those!

    Vaping is really new to me, its kind'a hard starting off. There are so many different things with different names. It can get very confusing. I am delighted to have found this thread! I'm gonna sit back now and read it from start to finish. Its really handy to have all this info in the same place.

    I'm really interested in reading more about Mods. They look amazing, but they seem madly expensive! I saw one that cost €300 when you added up all the bits that go with it. I wanna learn about voltage. I don't understand what differance volatage makes to vaping? I'm guessing it makes a big difference otherwise people wouldn't spend so much money on Mods.

    For now I am happy with my eGo, but I know that in time i will want to upgrade. I'm gonna sit back, vap and read every inch of this thread!

    I'm sure I'll get to talk to some of you soon! Later Gator! :)


    Welcome, there are very good mods out there much cheaper than that but all the info you need is already posted.


  • #2


    I am also new to this but frankly speaking your FAQ's has really solved many of my query and overall its a nice informative post for beginner as well as regular user........


  • #2


    Sorry if this has been asked here already, I posted this in the after hours thread, but still haven't gotten a reply:

    Everyone is recommending this one: http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/kangtwist.htm
    I don't know what to pick from the menu options, of which type to get (Aspire Maxi, iClear16, or Protank Mini 2), I don't understand what the difference is. I really want to try out vaping, I'm hearing all this good about it.

    I'd be very grateful for any tips, on the difference between them, or which is the best.


  • #2


    Hard to beat the miniprotank 2 tbh.....a bit dearer but a way better device, stainless steel, glass, and replaceable heads, or rebuild them, whatever takes your fancy.....

    I chose the evod tank and a miniprotank with that kit, good buy, don't use the evod much anymore but use the Protank everyday. :)


  • #2


    Have to add to this, I thought the miniprotank II was Stainless steel but it is chromed brass instead, would prefer if it was S.S. The chroming on the brass is good quality and no signs of wear and tear on it at all on the inside, the outside will wear with time as mine is, does not matter much tbh, will go to work on it and make it all brass.

    I will keep an eye on the inside though, just in case. I don't use any juices that would be considered corrosive but have read about some who have on chromed brass devices and run into some problems with chrome stripping and green gunge/bad taste forming.....


  • #2


    Saw today that a child/infant was hospitalised after the use of an E-cig. Have been described as 'poisonous even in small doses to children' by doctors. Parents be careful and keep them out of sight!


  • #2


    andmc wrote: »
    Saw today that a child/infant was hospitalised after the use of an E-cig. Have been described as 'poisonous even in small doses to children' by doctors. Parents be careful and keep them out of sight!

    This is all they (the anti arguers) were waiting on. But will be a weak arguement against as there was a child/ren 'poisoned' by popping a washing capsule not too long ago in the UK I think. Lobby against Persil? Have it outlawed and strictly controlled by the EU?
    Nothing is safe from children, not even their baby shampoo!


  • #2


    csi vegas wrote: »
    This is all they (the anti arguers) were waiting on. But will be a weak arguement against as there was a child/ren 'poisoned' by popping a washing capsule not too long ago in the UK I think. Lobby against Persil? Have it outlawed and strictly controlled by the EU?
    Nothing is safe from children, not even their baby shampoo!

    Never said anything about lobbying or being anti. Just the type of thing you might leave on a coffee table or something and to warn parents. Cannot argue with that


  • #2


    andmc wrote: »
    Never said anything about lobbying or being anti. Just the type of thing you might leave on a coffee table or something and to warn parents. Cannot argue with that

    Oh no, never meant you as an anti or anything! Apols if offended! Was speaking in a general vein - an incident like Cork is something they love to propogate on.


  • #2


    I really like e cigs, If I run out of juice will I run out and buy a pack of cigarettes?


  • #2


    Taajsgpm wrote: »
    I really like e cigs, If I run out of juice will I run out and buy a pack of cigarettes?

    Possibly. The further away you are from the switch the less likely it is.

    There's an easy fix - never run out of supplies.


  • #2


    Taajsgpm wrote: »
    I really like e cigs, If I run out of juice will I run out and buy a pack of cigarettes?

    Nah, you can get juice as easly as cigs in most places now. Maybe not in small village though my local has vivid juice and kits (I live in the back of beyond, 1 pub, 1 shop and a creamery. Their might be a school and church, don't have any kids so not bothered) .
    And if you do sure what harm, get more juice and give the remaining fags away.


  • #2


    A lot of petrol stations stock juice now too, the maxol near me has vaping dog liquid.


  • #2


    Hi Guys,

    Looking to buy a electronic cigarette as a present. Found this company on google.

    Nyx CigE - They certainly look the part, does anyone know anything about them?


Society & Culture