Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 23, Stage 20: Grenoble (ITT) 41km

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

delighted with cadel evans performance .... means i can return to the bookies with a winning betting slip!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭guapos

im only new to cycling so excuse my ignorance but why dont they contest the last stage?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

guapos wrote: »
    im only new to cycling so excuse my ignorance but why dont they contest the last stage?

Any break wouldn't have a snowballs chance in staying away, this is a sprinter's stage. As it's a sprinter's stage they usually have a bit of a faff around up to Paris, Cadel will probably have a glass of champagne (probably really apple juice) and have a bit of a parade at the front of the peloton, then once they hit the Champs-Élysées, it's back to racing.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

guapos wrote: »

They do! Because of the make-up of the stage it suits the sprinters down to the ground, so individual or very small group breaks have little chance of succeeding. A GC contender making a break would be chased down relentlessly by the race leader's team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Cool photo taken during the stage.

Roche%20stage%2021%20tour%20de%20france%2011%20-%20gallery.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Would that not slow him down?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Cadel will probably have a glass of champagne (probably really apple juice) and have a bit of a parade at the front of the peloton, then once they hit the Champs-Élysées, it's back to racing.

Its like you saw into the future and typed....

media_xl_899181.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Its like you saw into the future and typed....

Yeah, I just got a gut feeling something different was going to happen:
    contador_champagne_tdf_stage20_2010.jpg
    article-1039035-0216608F00000578-272_468x325.jpg
    Landis.jpg
    lance_armstrong_champagne.jpg

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Hermy wrote: »

I dunno, I reckon having an extra hand coming out of your back would be dead handy for grabbing an extra bidon or two. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Hermy wrote: »
    So that's where Nico's been going wrong in the TT!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Advertisement