Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SportsDirect.com Free Standard Delivery until Midnight July 24th

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

I have never ordered from them before.
    Are delivery times always as bad as the above? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Had mine in 3 days...great bargains...only disappointment was 2 pairs of footwear that were my size (9) but ended up being too tight so had to go back (can be a problem with some of the brands)...
    Used NI post office since An Post wanted 30 quid or something for recorded del.
    Just got a refund, since SD.com were looking postage on exchanges...

Will definitely be using again but ordering 1/2 size bigger next time...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Thanks for the reply Wertz, does the small sizing apply to everything they sell or just footwear?

Not a sizing issue really...on some makes or types of shoes/trainers I take a 9.5 and on some it's a 9. I was just unlucky (and one of the pairs had no half sizes)
    Their sizing is identical to anything you'll find here...Heatons stock some of the stuff they sell...at a bit of a mark-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Heatons stock some of the stuff they sell...at a bit of a mark-up

Heatons wouldn't be the dearest B&M place around.

• Advertisement

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Heatons wouldn't be the dearest B&M place around.

No not at all, but having compared some of the stuff I bought or saw on sd, the mark up was fairly generous, even during a heaton's sale.
    Been in sd B&M places in the North and their in-store prices are same as their website...
    Not to criticise heatons, they're better than a lot of Irish stores pricewise...it's our whole system here that influences price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

just placed an order with them. The prices are unbelievable so I'm expecting some glitch to happen somewhere! Maybe delivery will take 6 months:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Kid Charlemagne

wouldnt have any concerns forrest - ive got two lots off em - both exactly as i requested and bang on.
    first lot took 3 days, second about a week.

excellent site. prices are brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

is free shipping back?

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

Great prices and have spent and saved a fortune with them and never one little hiccup. Lots of cheap Karrimor gear but the logo looks like a Union Jack :mad:

• Advertisement

my stuff arrived today, everything went well, no hiccups and delivery was 3 days (weekend in between). The conversion rate was decent too, compared to XE Universal there was only €2 the difference on an order of £68.

The mug is massive, there's no way I'd have a cup of tea that big...perhaps I'll grow a few flowers in it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Got This email this morning :

view email online
    forward to a friend

Add SportsDirect.com to your Safe Sender List
    To ensure you receive all of our emails directly into your inbox add email@sportsdirect.cccampaigns.net to your safe sender list. To find out how go to safe sender help

Discounts & Promotions
    Our pricing or any offers may be withdrawn or amended at our discretion. The prices on our website may differ to prices in our retail stores, catalogues or elsewhere.

Free Delivery
    Free UK Mainland delivery Only. Offer Ends Midnight Wednesday 12th October 2011. If you have problems with your login just visit our contact us and we will deal with this as quickly as possible.

Next Day Delivery
    Next day delivery applies to orders placed prior to 2pm the previous working day, Monday to Thursday only and within the UK. Terms and Conditions Apply. All offers are subject to availability and Management retain the right to remove or review any any offers, products or prices at any time. subject to terms and conditions.

Stores
    Sportsdirect.com has a number of stores around the country. We believe our stores hold one of the most comprehensive selections of outdoor equipment in the country. click here for more information.

Careers
    With the variety of stores we have opening across the country there are options for every career path. There really is no stereo type when it comes to the ideal candidate, we look at everyone from all levels of experience and walks of life, but the ones who build a career with us all share the same characteristics, they are all highly motivated and genuinely want to succeed. click here to view our current vacancies.

Frequently Asked Questions
    Q. Can I change my order?
    A. As we aim to dispatch all orders as quickly as possible we cannot change items on your order once it has been confirmed.
    Q. Do you have a size guide?
    A. We have a size guide which will show you Clothing sizes, and Shoe sizes to help you make an informed decision about your purchase. Our Customer Service team are also on hand to help with any questions you may have.
    Q. How can I contact you?
    A. For queries relating to online orders or information on the website you can contact us with your query.

Terms and Conditions
    View our terms and conditions

sorry Kristopherus, maybe I'm thick but what's the point of your post?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

sorry Kristopherus, maybe I'm thick but what's the point of your post?

I cannot copy the Flash Banner that was included in the email.There was a big A5 banner announcing the Free Delivery(in the UK mainland only). I'm not sure if the last email re the Free Delivery in July was worded the same, and gave Free Delivery to all, as I have deleted it from my Inbox. Just wanted to alert peeps that the Free Delivery may be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭coillcam

Just added a few items to the cart and went to check out. Delivery is still £7.99 to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Luis21

"Free Delivery(in the UK mainland only)"

That bit is the giveaway. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

Luis21 wrote: »
    "Free Delivery(in the UK mainland only)"

That bit is the giveaway. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Which is not correct as I got it free to Co Antrim :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

I had a horrible experience with this company.

I ordered a shirt and they sent the wrong size.

Their customer service is incredibly slow.
    It takes roughly a week to answer an email!

A month later I'm still waiting on a refund.

I had no problems with a refund for two pairs of trainers that were that wee bit too tight for my feet. Simply popped them in the post (registered from NI post office) and ticked the boxes on the paper invoice which I included.
    Had my refund in 3 days. Didn't even have to eMail them. Since it was my fault, I paid for return, but if it's their fault they'll pay (not sure how this works for ridiculous An Post charges)...
    Patiently waiting for next free EU delivery offer

Advertisement