Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SportsDirect.com Free Standard Delivery until Midnight July 24th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

bazwaldo wrote: »
    Cheers Eddie. Mine has just left Gatwick after ordering late Saturday night. Fingers crossed for delivery tomorrow. Pity it does not give a delivery date estimate.

Mine is the same status.

I called DHL Ireland this morning and they confirmed it was due for delivery on the 28th and also confirmed they did not have a contact number again for me. :rolleyes: They cannot update my number until the shipment is in Ireland so I will be watching for that. I've also emailed SportsDirect again to complain that DHL did not get my number. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

darn it was gonna order stuff sunday night at about 11 but 1st time getting anything off it,and it was saying 0.00 for delievery so i thought there was something wrong...ordered stuff this morning when should this arrive and how long does it take 4 your email to arrive???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

DHL have no contact number for me , and cant update it as its still in transit along with the rest of the orders placed Saturday!! I have to wait until Thursday she said before she can update it with a number.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

SportsDirect are brutal for not including your contact number on the package.

What I did was incorporate it into my address on the package e.g.

Joe Bloggs
    123 Smith Street
    Contact Number: 087 1234567
    Nice Town
    Co. Kerry
    Ireland

I've never had any hassle since.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

My first order left Gatwick this morning according to DHL. Put down my work address so shouldn't run into too much hassle hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

My order tracking number begins with JD, but when I type it into the yodel site or the DHL site, there is no info on it. It does not tell me where it is. Is this normal? Can I still ring DHL and quote the JD tracking number, then give them the contact number as they will probably need to ring me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

Tinie wrote: »
    My order tracking number begins with JD, but when I type it into the yodel site or the DHL site, there is no info on it. It does not tell me where it is. Is this normal? Can I still ring DHL and quote the JD tracking number, then give them the contact number as they will probably need to ring me.
    yes, just done that myself, but they can't do it until the package is in ireland

jpb1974 wrote: »
    SportsDirect are brutal for not including your contact number on the package.

What I did was incorporate it into my address on the package e.g.

Joe Bloggs
    123 Smith Street
    Contact Number: 087 1234567
    Nice Town
    Co. Kerry
    Ireland

I've never had any hassle since.

that is a great idea, nice one

Forget about Yodal and put your JD reference into DHL's online tracking facility

http://www.dhl.ie/en/express/tracking.html

tinner777 wrote: »
    yes, just done that myself, but they can't do it until the package is in ireland
    Just rang them (DHL) and they couldn't recognise the tracking number, when was your parcel sent out (I just got my despatch email a few hours ago), as my parcel number isn't recognised on the yodel site either!

• Advertisement

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Forget about Yodal and put your JD reference into DHL's online tracking facility

http://www.dhl.ie/en/express/tracking.html
    Im getting:
    No result found for your DHL query. Please try again.

:confused:

What day did SportsDirect email it to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Just rang them (DHL) and they couldn't recognise the tracking number, when was your parcel sent out (I just got my despatch email a few hours ago), as my parcel number isn't recognised on the yodel site either!
    Im getting:

:confused:

If you only got the dispatch email give it till tomorrow as I suspect they send that email when they have the shipment ready for pickup but its not with DHL yet. I got that email yesterday and was getting no results on the tracking websites, tried it today however and there was information.

If you only got the dispatch email give it till tomorrow as I suspect they send that email when they have the shipment ready for pickup but its not with DHL yet. I got that email yesterday and was getting no results on the tracking websites, tried it today however and there was information.

Yup.. if you only got the mail today you have to allow sufficient time for it to register on DHL's systems.

all my stuff came today, every time i buy from them they always send one thing wrong though!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

I ordered late Sunday and got my stuff this morning. The colours on a couple of things are different (only water bottles) and they replaced one small item also but very happy with the service and for dirt cheap too. Nice one OP!

umm just checked my order and the mistake was mine, must put internet away when drunk, sorry sd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Going by tracking on DHL mine left their Shannon depot this morning for delivery (in Kerry). So presumably en route at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

I ordered Sunday evening and according to the DHL site mine is with the courier in Ireland now, hopefully they haven't messed up and not put my number on the package as finding my house is not an easy task for the untrained!

Either way I'll ring DHL tomorrow if I don't get the parcel today.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

ordered on sunday and my parcel left the dublin depot this morning ,should have it today or tomorrow morning.good service so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tsoparno

ordered sat just arrived 3 tops 1 jeans and pair of trainers 77 euro and a free big mug:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭craftypaddy

all my stuff came today, 2 huge boxes, some good bargains on the site and two free mugs happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Ordered mine on Saturday arrived today WITH A FREE CUP :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

My package just failed delivery according to the DHL tracking site it was due to me not being home. I rang DHL and as expected there was no contact number so they updated this and it will now be delivered tomorrow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    I ordered late Sunday and got my stuff this morning. The colours on a couple of things are different (only water bottles) and they replaced one small item also but very happy with the service and for dirt cheap too. Nice one OP!
    Are you going to follow up that or let it go?
    tinner777 wrote: »
    all my stuff came today, every time i buy from them they always send one thing wrong though!!!
    Have you ever emailed them about the wrong things, and if so what was the outcome as I ordered a lot of things, and think some things will be wrong.
    tsoparno wrote: »
    ordered sat just arrived 3 tops 1 jeans and pair of trainers 77 euro and a free big mug
    Huh? Whats the cup like?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Its really minor stuff so I dont mind really. Got a load of stuff for under 50 euro. Great time to buy a tennis racket with all the wimbledon hype now over

Have you ever emailed them about the wrong things, and if so what was the outcome as I ordered a lot of things, and think some things will be wrong.

Huh? Whats the cup like?

yes they tell you to send it back and they'll refund you postage, but to be honest for the price of the item i haven't bothered. I have had stuff go missing and they refund you no questions asked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

sorry for this again but can anyone please tell me how to check where the parcel is wont work by clicking link or entering in homepage and dhl wont work either..

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭livdmg

Got my stuff today, ordered sat. and a free mug. Absolutely massive mug, think i will use it for having the large packet of soup.

• Advertisement

bmcc10 wrote: »
    sorry for this again but can anyone please tell me how to check where the parcel is wont work by clicking link or entering in homepage and dhl wont work either..

copy the jd.... number form email
    goto dhl ireland
    goto tracking
    put number in

Advertisement