Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CM Punk Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

What move is Jericho accusing Punk of robbing? Was it welcome to Chicago mother****er, Punk has been doing that for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

DM-ICE wrote: »
    What move is Jericho accusing Punk of robbing? Was it welcome to Chicago mother****er, Punk has been doing that for years.

Yeah its that one,I read a while ago that Jericho wanted to start a bit of a war of words on twitter with the hope it'd lead to match between the two at next years Mania. Apparently Jericho also invented using big words in his promo's & wearing a suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Could be the whole "Best In The World" thing too that Jericho had and that was on Punks big selling t-shirt. But Danielson had it too I guess.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Yeah its that one,I read a while ago that Jericho wanted to start a bit of a war of words on twitter with the hope it'd lead to match between the two at next years Mania. Apparently Jericho also invented using big words in his promo's & wearing a suit.

Did he forget about JBL?

Jericho wanting to get something going with Punk would make sense if he was coming back some day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Lads dont be marks on this Jericho thing.

• Advertisement

rovert wrote: »
    Lads dont be marks on this Jericho thing.

:confused:

Whats the problem with asking what was Jericho specifically talking about (regardless of the reasons behind what he said) when he said Punk was stealing his stuff?

Yeah he's clearly trying to set the seeds for matches/rivalries with punk & his biggest fan miz but he sounds like a total Pillock for calling out talents for "stealing" moves or wearing suits when nearly every single wrestler I have ever seen has done both of those.

Yeah he's clearly trying to set the seeds for matches/rivalries with punk & his biggest fan miz but he sounds like a total Pillock for calling out talents for "stealing" moves or wearing suits when nearly every single wrestler I have ever seen has done both of those.

What a heelish thing to do!

What a heelish thing to do!

Triple H pissing over ufc must of been a great bit of heel work then I guess when Angle was drunkenly giving out about Orton using the Angle Slam & his position on the Braindead wwe top 50 stars was great heel work too and that Matt Hardy suicide vid was mega heat then.

Triple H pissing over ufc must of been a great bit of heel work then I guess when Angle was drunkenly giving out about Orton using the Angle Slam & his position on the Braindead wwe top 50 stars was great heel work too and that Matt Hardy suicide vid was mega heat then.

As Jericho's interview is comparable to these how?

You really think Jericho's comments are serious?

• Advertisement

As Jericho's interview is comparable to these how?

You really think Jericho's comments are serious?

I think he came across more of a idiot than being a heel playing it up to internet fans. If he came back and said Miz stole his look & Punk stole his moves he'd look like a childish panto villian.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Pentecost

They were comments on Twitter weren't they? Didn't/don't WWE encourage their talent to stir up storyline controversy on Twitter?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Did Jericho really say anything about the BITW thing? If so, it was pretty stupid to do that online when the Internet's favourite ever wrestler did it a few years ago, before Jericho. If he wants to start somthing, thats fine, but he should be more original than claiming someone stole something he stole.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Jericho likes to work people and often uses Twitter to try and get stories going with people. He loves playing the heel and says those things to get people to boo him.

HHH and Angle are idiots who sometimes talk without letting their brains think for a second, or believe stuff that is nonsense. They aren't speaking rubbish to get themselves over as heels or faces; they are saying that stuff cause they believe it.

Big difference.

Jericho likes to work people and often uses Twitter to try and get stories going with people. He loves playing the heel and says those things to get people to boo him.

Yeah but saying someone stole your look or that makes ihm sound like they are bickering sisters. I hope he isn't like this when he eventually returns or he'll sound a bit like a bitch.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yeah but saying someone stole your look or that makes ihm sound like they are bickering sisters. I hope he isn't like this when he eventually returns or he'll sound a bit like a bitch.

But isn't that the point of the heel?

Jericho would love to be called a bitch. That's what he's going for. Jericho has always been the chicken**** heel. He KNOWS he didn't make the suit look. But he also knows it makes him look bad amoung the crowd who would usually cheer him when he says that.

The fact people are basically marking out over his choice of words proves what he's doing is working.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source

John Cena has been replaced for the first time in several years as the number one seller. CM Punk is the number one merchandise selling WWE Superstar both on WWE Shop Zone and at the live events. The only time Cena was not number one was when The Rock returned to WWE Monday Night Raw, and his t-shirts sold a record number on ShopZone.
    According to a key source in WWE, two of Punk's shirts have already eclipsed the Rock's one-day sales record. "Punk's merchandise is hot," our source told us, "no one has dethroned Cena in over 5 years, and Punk's numbers are way above anything or anyone else."

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

That's awesome news, WWE needs new face draws. But i'm almost certain that Jeff Hardy was a bigger draw than Cena for a few months in 2009. Rovert help me out on this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Good to see that Punk has the increased numbers to prove to any doubters he may still have in the company that he really belongs at main event level now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

if people can't get the CM Punk ice-cream bars, they'll make do with the ice-cream bar tshirt

W03551sm.jpg

Never really the HUGE Punk fans a lot of people are but this some load of boll!x spouted by HHH here:

HHH on Punk in WWE magazine:
    People don't pay just to see wrestlers, they pay to see stars, larger-than-life athletes, heroes and villains. Stuff they cant see in their own backyard. Punk misses the boat on Kevin Nash, and I'm not saying this to side with my friend, but Punk does look like the short order cook at Waffle House.

I like Waffle House too, but I'm not sure I want to watch the cook. You can be the greatest at what you do. There has been a lot of phenomenal wrestlers. Ricky Steamboat was one of the best ever. But if he wasn't in a match with Ric Flair, tell me what else he headlined?

And this isn't a knock on Ricky, he's phenomenal. Punk's mentality is 'Do what I like.' He likes legit, technically gifted, skilled wrestlers. The fact is I do, too. I agree with what he's saying. Is John Cena the best technical wrestler? Absolutely not. Neither was Hogan, neither was Austin, neither was Mick Foley, neither was the Rock—neither was I!

Make me a list of technical wrestlers who were huge stars, and I'll make you a list of terrible wrestlers who were huge stars. I guarantee my list is a mile longer than yours. But who am I to say for the 90 percent of the WWE Universe, who don't give a crap about that and like Cena, that they're wrong and they should change, and be force-fed something they don't want?

When I grew up, I hated Hogan. I thought he was terrible and didn't like to watch him. I was like Punk in a way, I liked the Steamboats and Flairs and the ones that could go. Would I be right in saying that Hogan was the wrong guy to go with, and they should've changed direction and gone with Steamboat because he was the better wrestler? Ludicrous.

He is carrying on like Punk is some vanilla midget type.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Never really the HUGE Punk fans a lot of people are but this some load of boll!x spouted by HHH here:

HHH on Punk in WWE magazine:

He is carrying on like Punk is some vanilla midget type.
    Did you miss that part? WWE magazine is more or less only there to develop characters more while generating a little extra cash. Dont take anything from it seriously. ;)

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Did you miss that part? WWE magazine is more or less only there to develop characters more while generating a little extra cash. Dont take anything from it seriously. ;)

I know that obviously. But it is the same WWE talking points Hunter used for Benoit and Jericho in less kayfabey outlets.

Lads dont be marks on this Jericho WWE Magazine thing.

:pac:

He mentioned Foley too, and he looked like a guy that spent his whole day eating whatever the cook at waffle house handed him.

"Oh hey, Punk is now our top merch guy.....QUICK
    have him be pinned at the pay per view by Del Rio!
    That's the best way to capitalise on this!"

:D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

i think it was more tit-for-tat seeing as
    Del Rio jobbed clean to Punk on RAW. Can't have Cena losing clean, you see.
    He's filled his quota for 2011 already ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 85,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source

Although it appears that CM Punk’s push has been cooled off in recent weeks, sources say that the straight edge superstar is in line for yet another strong push later this year that will likely include another WWE title run as well as a possible starring role in a WWE Studios movie.
    CM Punk took somewhat of a backseat to John Cena and Alberto Del Rio heading into Sunday’s Hell in a Cell pay-per-view, but with the title off Cena (who is expected to resume his feud with The Rock headed into Survivor Series), CM Punk will once again be placed back in the WWE title hunt and will begin chasing Alberto Del Rio for the title.
    Coming of his surge in popularity earlier this summer, CM Punk has becoming one of the top merchandise movers in the entire company. WWE is looking to capitalize on Punk’s popularity by releasing additional merchandise (including an autobiography) and are considering CM Punk as a leading man for an upcoming WWE Studios movie.
    Overall, WWE officials are said to be very high on Punk right now, with Punk expected to be one of the centerpieces of Monday Night RAW heading into 2012. Despite many questioning whether WWE lost faith on CM Punk, the company is going “all in” on him in the coming months.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,081 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

they're "all in" on him, yet are concerning him with a del Rio title feud, rather than making him the centrepiece of the walkout angle instead of HHH?

fair play and all, but putting him in a title feud while Cena and Rock are the main deal, will mean little unless it means a discernable change of direction for the company - i.e. that wins and losses mean something, that booking becomes more sensible, and fans are given the opportunity to get behind someone else as "the man".

Cena, as much as i respect him, needs to be in the shadow for a while. he can always come back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

To be fair, that report pretty much tells us nothing. Like most of these tabloid sites its based on guesswork and the glaringly obvious.

Advertisement