Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CM Punk Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

What are you on kid?

I'm more entertained by Punk than ever!

Only thing I hate is King saying shtick like HE HAS THAT PIPEBOMB IN HIS HAND every time he speaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,081 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

WWE ballsed it up, because they treated it, in the end, like any other angle, and not an angle that could actually garner renewed interest in the product.

by throwing del Rio in the middle of it briefly, then Nash, then HHH, and now ejaculating prematurely on Punk/HHH, it has, in record speed, become 'just another angle', and Punk is 'just another guy'.

his gimmick has gone from "engendering change" as rovert put it, to being a guy who just takes the píss out of older stars and makes random references to get a cheap pop off older fans.

WWE short-term, week-to-week panic booking is to blame for this.

nothing else IMO.

and until that changes, we will be let down over and over and over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'm sick of seeing people who are excellent wrestlers get passed over for people who have abs or who were good second-string linemen in a European football league.

Who's he talking about there?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

The whole storyline died when they brought Punk back after only one week. Just made all the build up to MITB completly useless and a waste of time.

I reckon, they should have kept him off TV for a few months but keep having him show up at other shows and even interupting WWE guys when they are doing interviews and stuff (Like at Comic-con). If they ever had any intention of getting the angle over, he should have left at MITB and remained gone until at least November or December. Vince could have put aside his ego and let him appear on an ROH event (Hell, if they really wanted to sell it, let him appear on a TNA event!) shortly before he comes back.

They made a complete and utter bollocks of it in record time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

SlickRic wrote: »

If anything since before MITB actually affected the ratings WWE wouldn't have had to panic book. The entire angle barely even got over in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Connorzee wrote: »
    Who's he talking about there?

Thats a she...

hawkward.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

CMpunked wrote: »
    Thats a she...

the quote was a quote from something punk said - so no CM Punk is a he!

:p

Ah, Thats what i get for skimming the thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Lads sorry to come back and combobreak (Read; Derail) the thread, but just a quick question, my DHL GlobalMail tracking site is still saying Processing in Rutherford NJ since the 30/8/2011. Was this the same for you guys too, or did your site update? I'm still waiting on my damn t-shirt and really am about to just give up.

Sorry for the semi-off-topic, mods, but this is doing my head in. :(

Xinkai wrote: »
    Lads sorry to come back and combobreak (Read; Derail) the thread, but just a quick question, my DHL GlobalMail tracking site is still saying Processing in Rutherford NJ since the 30/8/2011. Was this the same for you guys too, or did your site update? I'm still waiting on my damn t-shirt and really am about to just give up.

Sorry for the semi-off-topic, mods, but this is doing my head in. :(

my one took about a week or so to process, but then my DHL number kept coming up as invalid or something.
    When the shirt came in the door it had the date of dispatch as the same date the tracking system broke down for me.

Email wweshop if your having problems, they kept me in the loop pretty well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

CMpunked wrote: »
    Ah, Thats what i get for skimming the thread!

hawkward.jpg

But seriously... who is he talkin about? Is it mayson ryan?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Connorzee wrote: »

But seriously... who is he talkin about? Is it mayson ryan?

No. Mason Ryan wasn't an American footballer in the european league.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Stab in the dark here but I vaguely remember something years ago about Brock Lesnar playing for the Minnesota Vikings reserve team in the European NFL. Cant find anything about it though after a Google search.

Charisteas wrote: »
    Stab in the dark here but I vaguely remember something years ago about Brock Lesnar playing for the Minnesota Vikings reserve team in the European NFL. Cant find anything about it though after a Google search.

I think it was a generalisation comment. He was talking about talented wrestlers not getting signed as they don't have big muscles but WWE signing former college/nfl Footballer types because of how they look. Alex Riley, Titus O'Neill, Percey Watson etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Cant top Rock and Austin singing for me

9:32 - Little Jimmy

Punk singing vid

When I see videos of Punk and Cena at House shows or some of the stuff on RAW I get the impression they genuinely enjoy working with each other. I also get the impression they genuinely enjoy going house shows and have fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

SlickRic wrote: »
    WWE ballsed it up, because they treated it, in the end, like any other angle, and not an angle that could actually garner renewed interest in the product.

by throwing del Rio in the middle of it briefly, then Nash, then HHH, and now ejaculating prematurely on Punk/HHH, it has, in record speed, become 'just another angle', and Punk is 'just another guy'.

his gimmick has gone from "engendering change" as rovert put it, to being a guy who just takes the píss out of older stars and makes random references to get a cheap pop off older fans.

nothing else IMO.

and until that changes, we will be let down over and over and over again.

In fairness to this forum, an awful lot of us called them up on that very early in this angle. It started amazingly and then (as usual) they fúcked it up. Awful to see yet another potential classic angle become just another angle.

I feel for Punk. Summer of Punk but Winter came early.

Summer of Punk but Winter came early.

I bet she does ;)

2qmqhiw.jpg

I bet she does ;)

2qmqhiw.jpg

Did Punk have a go with her as well?

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Did Punk have a go with her as well?

No, it was just an unfunny play on words on my part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Pentecost

No, it was just an unfunny play on words on my part.

Or an excuse to look at her in lingerie which was very welcome to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source

CM Punk spoke with The Toronto Sun over the weekend to promote tonight’s WWE RAW Supershow from Ottowa.

Here are some highlights about what Punk said about:

What People Think Of Him:
    “There are some people who think CM Punk would have been a mid-carder in the Attitude Era. They have this predetermined assessment of me. I don’t know if it’s jealousy. I don’t have six-pack abs and I can’t benchpress 400 pounds. I can’t believe I have to step over people to get their attention. They have an antiquated way of seeing things. I’m trying to save this business.”

His Microphone Work:
    “When I talk, my design is to piss somebody off. I’m not just saying, ‘you’re bald,’ or ‘you’re ugly.’ Doing this is ingrained in my DNA. It’s 100% mine, all me. Half of the stuff I know off the top of my head, the other half I come up with when I’m out there. The best stuff is always the kneejerk reaction. It helps when you get somebody great to work with. I don’t know if it’s something you can teach. (As a kid) I didn’t walk around with a pretend plastic microphone, but I was never afraid of talking back. I used to get the crap beat out of me. But people would tire out from punching me in the face before I would stop talking back.”

What’s left for him to do WWE?
    “I’m running out of goals. No. 1 with a bullet would be main eventing Wrestlemania. Winning a Royal Rumble would be a feather in my cap. And I’ve never won the U.S. title, so look out Dolph Ziggler.”

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvVL-A6MJ4SDxZcr4US67lQ9E0wiD174P_QTTSpcwsIz2DHgS4nw

Punks hair like the above would suit him better, the greasy look, well, looks terrible and makes him look old.

What in the gel are you talking about? :pac:

I thought he was trying to grow it long again and slicking it back to keep it out of his eyes, but it's looked the same for months now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

From Mike Johnson:
    WWE updated their Key Performance Indicators. The preliminary buyrate is only 301,000 buys, WAY below the 2010 buyrate. Based on the breakdown, the buyrate looks to be 174,000 in North America and 127.000 from International markets.
    In 2010, the PPV drew 350,00 buys. In 2009, the PPV drew 369,000 buys

Spin that lads. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Horsebox9000

rovert wrote: »
    From Mike Johnson:

Kevin Nash. Nuff said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

From Mike Johnson:

A continuing declining product would be my look at it rather than blaming any of the new main event talent. 2007-2010 were pretty grim times fior a WWE fan. Easy to see why they tuned out.

SPUN.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

From Mike Johnson:

Nobody expected the Summerslam buyrate to be good did they?:confused:
    They didn't even try with any of the other matches, and expected Cena v Punk to carry it, twas always doomed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Dave Meltzer's trending figures (gathered from online media sources) had this doing way better than last year.

EDIT: In reference to above to be clear. People were talking, searching, tweeting or whatever about WWE, Summerslam, Punk, HHH live as if they were watching it on the telly on PPV.

Those crusty Punk fans must have streamed the show. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Kevin Nash. Nuff said.

If anyone could of predicted Nash turning up they must be a hate filled genius to guess wwe would bring back that relic. I didn't order summerslam & I don't regret it. The buyrate probably has something to do with the way the card was thrown together towards the end. I bet Vince is banking on The Rock lifting the buyrate at Survivor Series lets face it he's the only one who has the last few years.

Advertisement