Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CM Punk Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'd love a proper CM Punk autobiog, but I've got two worries...
    1. Would they let him tell all? Would they let him discuss his ROH work or his time with TNA? Given his "King of the Indies" nature, he's sure to have loads of stories.
    2. Can he remember them? :S If I remember right, he's admitted to having a pretty shoddy memory in the past.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

2. Can he remember them? :S If I remember right, he's admitted to having a pretty shoddy memory in the past.

That is what his pals like David Bixenspan, Rob Naylor & Dave Prazak are for.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Steph offered him a movie already. :pac:

"30 something scumbag with dirtbag good looks and soulless eyes!"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Guess who is on the TLC Poster!!

TLC.jpg

Awesome!!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source

The November 2011 issue of Maxim features an article on CM Punk (who dubs him wrestling’s “next megastar”) and it is publicly acknowledged for the first time that Beth Phoenix is his girlfriend. “The Glamazon” is quoted in the piece as she recalls the reaction backstage to his scathing on-air speech on the June 27 Raw concerning the way in which WWE is run and its owner, Vince McMahon.
    “I was in the dressing room,” recalls Phoenix, “and everyone sprinted over to see what would happen when he came backstage. Would he get fired on the spot? Would there be some sort of fight?”
    Punk entered a side door backstage, coming up behind the mob of wrestlers and personnel. They formed a circle around him. “Then, legit, everyone began to hug me,” Punk recalls. “I’m talking cameramen, guys who work the boom backstage, everyone.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Source

The November 2011 issue of Maxim features an article on CM Punk (who dubs him wrestling’s “next megastar”) and it is publicly acknowledged for the first time that Beth Phoenix is his girlfriend. “The Glamazon” is quoted in the piece as she recalls the reaction backstage to his scathing on-air speech on the June 27 Raw concerning the way in which WWE is run and its owner, Vince McMahon.
    “I was in the dressing room,” recalls Phoenix, “and everyone sprinted over to see what would happen when he came backstage. Would he get fired on the spot? Would there be some sort of fight?”
    Punk entered a side door backstage, coming up behind the mob of wrestlers and personnel. They formed a circle around him. “Then, legit, everyone began to hug me,” Punk recalls. “I’m talking cameramen, guys who work the boom backstage, everyone.”

http://www.sescoops.com/wrestling-news/wwe/magazine-says-cm-punk-is-dating-diva-bobby-lashley-in-nyc

Read that and thought Punk was now dating a cross-dressing Bobby Lashley.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

the natural charisma of that woman is astounding. ****ing dolt.

rsf_mattel_102811_pic19.jpg

Dig it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Oh man a Heath Slater figure!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Numerous Twitter users noted today that Beth Phoenix is no longer following CM Punk and Amy “Lita” Dumas on the microblogging website. Punk appeared on Dumas’ Atlanta based radio show, Punkrockalypse, Sunday night. The former WWE Women’s Champion was backstage at the following night’s RAW SuperShow. It should also be noted that the two are no longer traveling with each other. For those unaware, they are (or were?) a real-life couple.

The November 2011 issue of Maxim features an article on Punk and it’s also noted that Phoenix has been his girlfriend for approximately a year.

Numerous Twitter users noted today that Beth Phoenix is no longer following CM Punk and Amy “Lita” Dumas on the microblogging website. Punk appeared on Dumas’ Atlanta based radio show, Punkrockalypse, Sunday night. The former WWE Women’s Champion was backstage at the following night’s RAW SuperShow. It should also be noted that the two are no longer traveling with each other. For those unaware, they are (or were?) a real-life couple.

The November 2011 issue of Maxim features an article on Punk and it’s also noted that Phoenix has been his girlfriend for approximately a year.

That makes the "CM Punk" chants from this evenings show a bit bad actually <_<

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

That makes the "CM Punk" chants from this evenings show a bit bad actually <_<

Ha what was said?

http://excuse-my-charisma.tumblr.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I was going to post that Punk story but then thought who gives a fùck really. Phoenix push might be effected a bit.

Ha what was said?

There was just loud chants of CM Punk's name at the start of her match against Eve :S

Ill work my sources on this story

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭glenjamin

rovert wrote: »
    Ill work my sources on this story
    Go get 'em Dave!

It's true and it seems Punk worked everyone including friends about the Lita relationship for years.

The Daffney-Traci Brooks situation all over again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

cm-punk-pipebomb-o.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

So the jist is that auld Punk is/was banging Lita again behind Beth's back?

Oh I stumbled upon this on another site too: http://www.celebritynetworth.com/category/richest-athletes/wrestlers/

Not sure how accurate it is at all though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

rovert wrote: »
    It's true and it seems Punk worked everyone including friends about the Lita relationship for years.

The Daffney-Traci Brooks situation all over again.

:confused:

I forget which way round it was, but if I remember right, he was dating one of them in TNA and at the same time, sleeping the other was doing the indy scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Does punk have a death wish?

getting involved with lita.. 2 words:
    Matt Freakin' Hardy!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,650 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Essa Rios is gonna be pist

CMpunked wrote: »
    Does punk have a death wish?

getting involved with lita.. 2 words:
    Matt Freakin' Hardy!

Matt Hardy already cost him a push and a world title.

Punk dated both at the same time. Punk would hook up with Traci when he was doing TNA and then Daffney when he was doing ROH. Daffney after leaving WWE developmental wanted to join TNA asking Punk to put in a good word for her. Punk would fob her off and make excuses to Daffney. Eventually Daffney found out about Punk & Traci and freaked out. Punk then got Gabe to fire Daffney from ROH. Daffney heartbroken and the door to WWE, TNA and ROH closed left the business for over a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Ah that's not very nice now,I've always liked Daffney!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

If that story's legit, i've lost a good deal of respect for Punk. Getting your girlfriend (who you were cheating on, no less) fired is real asshole territory :mad: I guess straight edge doesn't preclude you from being a scumbag. To top it off, choosing Traci Brooks over Daffney is just wrong. Daffers has an awesome gimmick, MUCH more talented in the ring and is much prettier imo, no contest. Traci must have some personality! This is unwelcome news. (lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

jaykhunter wrote: »
    If that story's legit, i've lost a good deal of respect for Punk. Getting your girlfriend (who you were cheating on, no less) fired is real asshole territory :mad: I guess straight edge doesn't preclude you from being a scumbag. To top it off, choosing Traci Brooks over Daffney is just wrong. Daffers has an awesome gimmick, MUCH more talented in the ring and is much prettier imo, no contest. Traci must have some personality! This is unwelcome news. (lol)

Just to point out that while being straight edge does have many positive points it definitely doesn't rule out scumbag behaviour. For instance the straight edge scene in certain parts of America (Salt Lake City in particular) has an almost militant gang style following where those who don't comply are often beaten up at concerts etc.

It's actually a reason that a lot of bands won't play there as they've been attacked in the past. Crazy stuff.

Back on topic, it does show a bad side to Punk, but I kinda guessed he was like that alright so I'm not too surprised. You don't go through that many divas being a nice guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

jaykhunter wrote: »
    choosing Traci Brooks over Daffney is just wrong. Daffers has an awesome gimmick, MUCH more talented in the ring and is much prettier imo, no contest. Traci must have some personality! This is unwelcome news. (lol)

I totally agree with you but I couldn't help but laugh at this I kinda want to see this brought up in a cheesy romantic movie once. Sorry Eva Mendes i'm choosing Maggie Gyllenhaal over you ya your prettier Eva but damn it Maggie seems to be nicer and more talented than you. AND has a better gimmick and is a better wrestler than you so there.

• Advertisement

I think people are mistaking Pro Wrestling morals with Real Life ones.

Advertisement