Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Round 10: German Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Ferrari what were ye thinkin :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Autosport wrote: »
    Ferrari what were ye thinkin :rolleyes:

not thier fault massa coasted into the pits

• Registered Users Posts: 30,071 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Great job from Hamilton, some good overtakes and pace when he needed

Nice close race

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

What the heck was that? Massa's pit stop must have gone very badly.

Championship class race from Hamilton - cool when he needed to be, but overtook when no-one else would have managed it, and pulled it back when it looked like luck was against him.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Aren't the cars required to have enough fuel for a sample at the end of the race?...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,071 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Wonder was Alonso out of fuel

bnt wrote: »
    What the heck was that? Massa's pit stop must have gone very badly.

all down to pit entry imo massa was way to slow while vettel attacked to the limiter line

Delighted for Lewis, Alonso getting a lift from Webber was like Senna and Prost :)

Grim. wrote: »
    all down to pit entry imo massa was way to slow while vettel attacked to the limiter line

Massa was still ahead though and had the advantage. Pitstop was probably a couple of tenths slow and I imagine someone will be getting a bollocking for not releasing him quicker.

• Advertisement

Wonder was Alonso out of fuel

just about

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

fair play to Hamilton - great race for him. I was hoping the tyre situation would play into Alonso's hand though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

webber looks pissed off

Have to say Stefano comes across as a ridiculously likeable guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Great drive from Hamilton, next to near perfect. Dont have a clue what Ferrari were at for Massa's stop. Standards at Ferrari have plummeted since Jean Todt left the team. Great strategy from the Force India's with Sutil and Schumi was fantastic today barring that spin. Great race, shame about the lack of rain but for a dry race it was fantastic.

amacachi wrote: »
    Massa was still ahead though and had the advantage. Pitstop was probably a couple of tenths slow and I imagine someone will be getting a bollocking for not releasing him quicker.

would like to see how much time massa lost in the pit entry and how much he lost in the stop

Bring on next weekend :)

would like to see how much time massa lost in the pit entry and how much he lost in the stop

Even if someone loses 20 seconds in the pit entry if they're ahead at the limiter line then both teams making a pitstop the same length will allow the person who led in to lead out.

Yea i like him but also Martin, i'm 50/50 with Christian

Even if someone loses 20 seconds in the pit entry if they're ahead at the limiter line then both teams making a pitstop the same length will allow the person who led in to lead out.

okay i'm not saying ferrari didn't **** up the stop they did but had massa not been so slow on pit entry could those couple of tenths made up for the time lost by ferrari letting massa get out ahead

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Webber still stays out, no idea what the hell that's meant to be about, ridiculous.

I think RB deliberately gave Alonso second in order to minimise the damage that Webber does to Vettels lead. Especially because at that point it looked like Vettel would only be 5th.

They're not pushed about the constructors because they have it in the bag.

okay i'm not saying ferrari didn't **** up the stop they did but had massa not been so slow on pit entry could those couple of tenths made up for the time lost by ferrari letting massa get out ahead

Oh yeah definitely. Still I'd say that Ferrari were a couple of tenths off RB in the stop and played it too safe with his release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

When Vettel actually has to drive and overtake he's not that good

I wouldn't say not that good, just very average. As Coulthard said after the race, the jury is still out on that side of his skills. Eddie Jordan said Vettel is stupidly fast when out in the lead, but could he do what Alonso, Button, Hamilton do when they take a race by the scruff & win it from 5/6/7th? I'd have to say I'm doubtful still.
    Delighted for Lewis, Alonso getting a lift from Webber was like Senna and Prost :)

Nice little finisher indeed :cool:
    cadaliac wrote: »
    webber looks pissed off

I'd say he is. This doesn't look good when negotiating for a drive next year.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Ferrari should have just released Massa in front of Vettel and took their chances with the stewards. Vettel always had a chance with the Red Bull box first. Massa could have done a better job on the in lap.

Championship winning performance from Vettel. Picked up solid points when he was struggling all weekend with setup and had brake issues during the race.

Webber showed why he is no 2 at Red Bull he had the car to win and ends up third. Hamilton was good but he is given far to much room by other drivers.

Something is wrong in F1 when the Ferrari and McLaren team bosses are getting along so well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    Championship winning performance from Vettel. Picked up solid points when he was struggling all weekend with setup and had brake issues during the race

Something has definitely changed in the Vettel camp though. I don't think it's technical as the car set pole, & Pirelli said the tyres (options) are the exact same as before...only difference was the track temp. He seemed like a different driver today, definitely not a world class drive. Very good drive, just not world class. He'll be back, don't you worry.
    EvilMonkey wrote:
    Hamilton was good but he is given far to much room by other drivers.

Can't agree with that, If there's one driver who won't give you too much room its Alonso....more so when your Hamilton. That, was a world class drive. Like the Vettel situation though, I can see McLaren reverting back very soon.

Poor aul Button tho :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

just watched the highlights show, great race:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I really enjoyed the race, didn't need any rain to spice it up. I also like the fact that we have a back-to-back race with Hungary this weekend. It means Vettle's slightly off form doesn't give him the chance to re-charge or re-set his mental state. Also Hamilton and Alonso will still be buzzed by their form. Hopefully another cracking weekend ahead! Red Bull and Ferrari were in the mix last year in Hungary.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

77 ahead and 9 races left. If he finishes 4th every race and someone else averages 20 points a race (damn unlikely) then Vettel is champ. For all the rubbish about him not worrying about the points standings he's just going to do what he needs to do IMO, much as Button did a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,476 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

any word on punishment or sanction on Alonso or Hamilton for the after the finish incidents?

I don't see anything on the beeb anyway and certainly hope nothing is done. It was so go to see stuff like that in F1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

EnterNow wrote: »
    Something has definitely changed in the Vettel camp though. I don't think it's technical as the car set pole, & Pirelli said the tyres (options) are the exact same as before...only difference was the track temp. He seemed like a different driver today, definitely not a world class drive. Very good drive, just not world class. He'll be back, don't you worry.
    It happens all the time sometimes its certain tracks or not getting the setup right, having a bad weekend etc... You cant be perfect all the time, and Webber was super motivated to be faster this week anyway. Vettel will be back on top in Red Bull next week im sure.
    Can't agree with that, If there's one driver who won't give you too much room its Alonso....more so when your Hamilton. That, was a world class drive. Like the Vettel situation though, I can see McLaren reverting back very soon.
    Alonso just let Hamilton drive around the outside, he didn't see him and gave him far to much room, it cost him the race and was a terrible mistake for a driver of his quality. Don't believe the BBC hype that Alonso cant stand Hamilton. Im sure he's not his best mate or anything but Alonso the BBC and British media make much more out of it than their actually is imo.

I too am surprised Webber and Alonso didn't get some kind of slap on the wrist. Did Hamilton get a reprimand a while ago for pushing the car when it ran out of fuel. Glad their has been no penalty given

Advertisement